Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Daily Life Forum > Advice

Notices

Advice Have a personal issue, seek advice here

Old 05-26-2014, 05:27 PM   #1
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot
Points: 670, Level: 13 Points: 670, Level: 13 Points: 670, Level: 13
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Fine
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

Drugs Are The Bomb Yo!

Hi All. I hope this post finds you all well.

For the record, I'm not trying to be your mommy and daddy telling you to stay away from drugs. I like the forum and its members here. You seem like decent people and I don't want to see your lives flushed down the toilet like the blood stained tissue that an addict just used to dap away the blood around the area where they just slammed, so I decided to share something with you all in the hopes that it might prevent you from trying drugs or give you motivation to quit. Maybe even save a friend, or anyone close to your heart who is suffering with an addiction. I'm not proud of it, but years ago I had a horrible fight with drug and alcohol addiction.

After only my second time using Demerol (Narco Pain Killer) I knew right then it was going to be a habit it felt that damn good. I knew this and didn't care. I began snorting every damn day. I was also getting into meth. In my case, I was fortunate to have been caught using by my father in the basement after a little north of a year or so. My skin was dry, I had sores from scratching so damn much and often was slurring my words. I was also as pale as a Goddamn ghost. I am still amazed to this very day that they didn't catch on to me sooner. Maybe they did know and figured that I would get my act together and straighten it out on my own since I was always begging them to trust me when it came to avoiding drugs. When my father caught me I didn't say a thing. I just broke down crying. What really broke my heart is when he grabbed me and hugged me tightly and he began to cry also. Being a male and seeing your father cry is a very sad thing. I'm not saying that it isn't with your mother. It's just different because many men feel that it's not "Manly" to shed tears. I was devastated. I just wanted to crawl under a rock and stay there forever. I am very blessed to have loving parents and family to support me in my time of need. Many others aren't as fortunate as I. If you have loving parents, cherish them in every way. You only get one mother and father.

Even though I don't smoke anymore, I haven't got anything against smoking weed or drinking. Many people can settle for a joint and a shot of gin after a hard days work or a party on the weekend and leave it at that. It's just that I can't with my system. It turns into a huge habit. It's my psychological and physical makeup. It doesn't allow me to drink or use in moderation. I go way overboard every damn time. Do I still think about using or drinking? Yes. Every damn day. I can't help it. Go ahead and call me me a baby, but I'd be scared to drink a beer or pop a pill now. It would destroy everything I've worked so hard to get back. I'm not accusing anyone of using. My goal here is to help prevent and be here for those who may be going through a similar struggle. I don't judge. That's God's privilege. I am the only user on this computer and I take private messages seriously and keep what is said confidential. I'm not trying to be some drug guru on a crusade. I just don't want anyone to suffer through what myself and many others have in the past. I'm not some damn preacher or shrink who has never experienced the horrors of addiction telling you what it's all about. I know what it's all about. I think that their hearts are in the right place, but unless they have gone through it personally, the can't ever truly know what an addict is going through. The images below are "Before & After" faces of long term heroin/crack/meth abuse. Smexay!

Whitney Houston

Chris Farley

Marilyn Monroe

I know that for some having a few drinks, smoking a joint with friends or even alone, and rocking GTA or Brawl for hours or until you pass out is a blast. Just try not to let it take over your life. It's astounding at how quickly it can turn into an addiction. You'll never see it coming.

Click For Better View

"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."

Last edited by Kid Dynamite; 05-26-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2014, 08:45 AM   #2
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald

Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 

Beginning to think that this thread was a mistake. Hmmmm...

"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."
Old 05-27-2014, 03:03 PM   #3
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
I think everything in life is about moderation. I like to drink alcohol, but do so rarely, for example. As a libertarian, I think everything that does not harm another person should be legal. That includes harmful drugs. If you wish to destroy your body, then that is a sad, pitiful thing, but you should have every legal right to do it. That's just my 2 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:02 PM   #4
Alice
----
Points: 32,768, Level: 100 Points: 32,768, Level: 100 Points: 32,768, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 
Total Awards: 14

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 PSN ID: ArktikAlice Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
Know your limits.
All I do is smoke a little (or a lot) of pot from time to time, but it doesn't govern my life, and I know when to call it quits. As long as you aren't hurting yourself or others around you, do whatever you want, man.

And I think pot should be legal. Doesn't hurt you none and has no just reason for being illegal. But hey, who am I to talk, it's legal here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderRebelNews via Skype
There are too few hours in a day for things like 'eating'
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:03 PM   #5
Mario
Just Chillaxin
Points: 52,614, Level: 100 Points: 52,614, Level: 100 Points: 52,614, Level: 100
User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Gold Coin
User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Red Pikmin

My Mood: Gaming
Mario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Monster Poster NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Level 100 Award Mufasa NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 9

3DS Friend Code: 4450-2343-3333 WiiU ID: test123
We'll it's a good thing you got caught and wanted to stop kid, or who knows where your life would be now. I've known too many people who have gotten caught up with drugs only to lose everything. My cousin recently died because of all the poor choices he made in life. You are right about having loving parents, because if you don't have people to support you it's hard to come back from the brink. That sucked when Farley died, I hate seeing him like that, he was a funny dude and such a waste of comedian talent. Meth is the worst, what it does to your insides and outside.

Started from the bottom, now we're here.
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:17 PM   #6
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
I've never done any type of drug or have drank any alcohol before, and I don't ever plan to. I turn 21 in less than two months and even then I highly highly doubt I will ever do any of that with the reasons I have. I honestly just really hate the idea of not being myself 100% of the time + family stuff.

Pokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:03 PM   #7
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,499, Level: 100 Points: 38,499, Level: 100 Points: 38,499, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

Drugs are daft blah blah. Yeah everyone knows, and the only people who don't are the ones tricking themselves into thinking the high or stress relief is worth it. I'm never going to take drugs that aren't prescription or alcohol. Yeah I drink once or twice a week, because it's fun. Like Alice said though, it doesn't govern my life and I know when to stop.

Good thread KD.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:29 AM   #8
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,756, Level: 100 Points: 59,756, Level: 100 Points: 59,756, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
I don't smoke anything, never have. It just was never for me. I used to be that guy who tried telling his friends about the nasty side effects of it but I realized people have to do their own thing so, I don't knock anyone who smokes or anything. Gotta let people sink or swim on their own sometimes.

Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:19 AM   #9
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot

Awards Showcase

I'll tell ya guys it's a relief seeing some replies. I was afraid that I went too far with the images. I was looking for the thread to have an impact. Something to help make my words be remembered. @Mario please accept my deepest sympathies for your loss. If you are ever having a hard time with being sad and all, please contact me and we can talk about it. Anything to help get you through your grief. Thank you for your posts everyone.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:33 AM   #10
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,756, Level: 100 Points: 59,756, Level: 100 Points: 59,756, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
In the future remember it is a small forum with a small userbase and some threads just get little to no replies. You shouldn't take it personally.

Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote