Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > WorldWide News, Politics & Religion

Notices

WorldWide News, Politics & Religion Title Says It All

Old 05-27-2014, 03:45 PM   #1
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 24,201, Level: 94 Points: 24,201, Level: 94 Points: 24,201, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Shooting at UC Santa Barbara

Quote:
Six students at the University of California at Santa Barbara were killed by a man who went on a rampage Friday night. Authorities have identified the killer, who left various video and written manifestos saying that he was seeking to kill sorority women and others at the university as revenge for the way women had rejected him. The killer -- who subsequently shot himself -- has been identified as a student who enrolled but frequently dropped out of classes at Santa Barbara City College.
"We are horrified and deeply saddened by the tragic events in Isla Vista last night.... We grieve for the precious lives lost, and we share in the heartbreak of their families, friends, and classmates," said a letter released Saturday by Henry T. Yang, chancellor of the university.
Initially, police confirmed three deaths of UCSB students -- two women who were shot and killed on the lawn of Alpha Phi sorority, and a male who was shot in a convenience store. On Sunday, the university confirmed that three other male students found stabbed to death in the killer's apartment were also UCSB students. Two of them reportedly were on the lease for the apartment with the student who killed them.
SOURCE - http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2...ooting-rampage
Old 05-27-2014, 05:59 PM   #2
Alice
----
Points: 32,768, Level: 100 Points: 32,768, Level: 100 Points: 32,768, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 
Total Awards: 14

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 PSN ID: ArktikAlice Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
Welp...
I'm totally proud of the image men like these portray.

/sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderRebelNews via Skype
There are too few hours in a day for things like 'eating'
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:48 AM   #3
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot
Points: 670, Level: 13 Points: 670, Level: 13 Points: 670, Level: 13
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Fine
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

Jesus Christ. It never ends does it?

"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."
Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:34 AM   #4
Hakuryuu
D.D.
Points: 5,975, Level: 50 Points: 5,975, Level: 50 Points: 5,975, Level: 50
User owns 1x Warpstar

My Mood: Bored
Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster Signature of the Month Signature of the Month Princess Award 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
His mental illness (whatever he had) did not cause him to shoot the college women. His male entitlement did. Read his "manifesto" or whatever that's been posted online that he sent to his parents. You might wanna have a trashcan nearby too.

"OH NO.

GIRL WON'T DATE ME. I'M A DISGUSTING CREEP. IT'S GIRLS FAULT. """"FRIENDZONED""" THAT FACE WHEN NO GF."

God. This needs to stop. Now. Women are literally DYING and being MURDERED for simply saying no to someone's advances when they are disinterested. As women, we are taught from an early age that no is one of the most powerful words you can say to someone, and yet when we do, we face extreme results. Death should not be a result of standing up for yourself ever. Funny thing is, it normally ends up that way. Women say no for not sleeping with a guy, she's a prude. Women say yes for sleeping with a guy, she's a slut.

This isn't the only case of a man who went berserk due to thinking he was someone entitled to females just for being a man. Search on any news site, search engine, what have you, the results will poor is.

I saw a really great quote the other day that pretty much sums up the argument that men aren't REALLY dangerous and have no influence on the matter whatsoever.

"Imagine a bowl of M&Ms. 10% of them are poisoned.

Go ahead. Eat a handful.

Not all M&M's are poisonous."

That's captures exactly how the situation is and always have been. Misogyny kills. There's no arguing that.

Hakuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:43 AM   #5
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,783, Level: 100 Points: 59,783, Level: 100 Points: 59,783, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
Wow, what a loser. He definitely deserves a death penalty, mental illness or not. But knowing the justice system he will live in a lap of luxury called prison until his time runs out.

Brandyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:34 AM   #6
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 24,201, Level: 94 Points: 24,201, Level: 94 Points: 24,201, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryuu View Post
His mental illness (whatever he had) did not cause him to shoot the college women. His male entitlement did. Read his "manifesto" or whatever that's been posted online that he sent to his parents. You might wanna have a trashcan nearby too.
I've read only the first few pages of his manifesto, but a lot of what he said was just awful and disturbing.
It's messed up that there are people who actually feel sorry for this guy and excusing it as a mental illness. Yes rejection sucks, but that never justifies murder. Reading the manifesto, I'm glad he never got a girlfriend if this is how he thinks of women. He deserves to be ridiculed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
Wow, what a loser. He definitely deserves a death penalty, mental illness or not. But knowing the justice system he will live in a lap of luxury called prison until his time runs out.
Unfortunately he took the coward's way out and committed suicide after the shooting
Old 05-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #7
Hakuryuu
D.D.
User owns 1x Warpstar

Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megas75 View Post
I've read only the first few pages of his manifesto, but a lot of what he said was just awful and disturbing.
It's messed up that there are people who actually feel sorry for this guy and excusing it as a mental illness. Yes rejection sucks, but that never justifies murder. Reading the manifesto, I'm glad he never got a girlfriend if this is how he thinks of women. He deserves to be ridiculed
It was an absolutely disgusting read that he literally sent to his parents. The very end was the kicker for me.

The thing is, people with mental illness are more likely to be victims OF a crime instead of COMMIT them. The MRA are writing this off as depression or whatever they came up and it's not. He was a literal misogynist. I'm happy there are sensible people who see past his "mental illness" and cite his crime for what it was.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:50 PM   #8
JemStar
Konata's booty
Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47

My Mood: Sleepy
JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Send a message via Skype™ to JemStar PSN ID: BlackChilliBean
I don't know much about this, but I've seen many comments about it being things like "sluts should have just put out for him", which is completely wrong. These comments, and the violent acts like this that happen, will only be stopped once people are taught how to act courteously to each other regardless of gender. There shouldn't be excuses like "boys will be boys" or "girls will be girls".
A woman has the right to say no just as much as a man does. Rejection hurts, but you can't take it out on people, especially people who have never even met you before.

"I collect, not play." - Quinten talking about My Little Pony.
JemStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:13 PM   #9
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JemStar View Post
I don't know much about this, but I've seen many comments about it being things like "sluts should have just put out for him", which is completely wrong. These comments, and the violent acts like this that happen, will only be stopped once people are taught how to act courteously to each other regardless of gender. There shouldn't be excuses like "boys will be boys" or "girls will be girls".
A woman has the right to say no just as much as a man does. Rejection hurts, but you can't take it out on people, especially people who have never even met you before.
I'm sure those comments were just assholes trolling

Pokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:37 AM   #10
Hakuryuu
D.D.
User owns 1x Warpstar

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post
I'm sure those comments were just assholes trolling
I think a lot of it was trolling but you wouldn't believe the amount of serious MRA posts on reddit and other forums like that.