Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:23 AM   #1
jfreakofkorn
Posting freak
Points: 5,517, Level: 47 Points: 5,517, Level: 47 Points: 5,517, Level: 47

jfreakofkorn is a jewel in the roughjfreakofkorn is a jewel in the roughjfreakofkorn is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards 
Total Awards: 1

E3 Preview: Fable Legends lets you play the hero and the villain

https://bgr.com/2014/06/10/fable-legends-e3-preview/

By Jacob Siegal on Jun 10, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Fable, like Halo, is one of the many iconic series that have defined the Xbox for years. Although Fable and its sequels didn’t always live up to their potential, they have built a massive fan base, so any new entry will inevitably have gamers paying attention. Fable Legends, the next game in the series, is a complete departure from previous titles. Rather than embarking on an open-ended journey as a lone adventurer, Fable Legends groups you up with three companions, each of which have their own set of skills.

In my hands-on time with the game, I played Sterling, a melee character who builds up a combo meter by hacking and slashing through enemies. When the meter is full, he unleashes a massive heavy attack which takes most enemies out in a single blow. Special abilities are mapped to the face buttons, such as Sterling’s throwing knives, and any player can press A to talk. If you don’t have a headset (or 4 TVs), you can depend on the context sensitive speech of the characters to give you an idea of who needs help.

Beyond the player-specific abilities, each player also has potions and equipment he or she can carry into battle. In our preview, we were only given a single potion, but in the full game, you’ll be able to pick up consumables, armor and other rewards during a mission. There will also be a town which will serve as the hub where you can participate in minigames or buy equipment for your next dungeon run.

Fable Legends plays like a standard third-person action game when you choose to take on the part of one of the heroes, but everything change when you choose to be the villain.

This is where the game really breaks from tradition. As the villain, you’ll be given a wide array of traps and minions to dole out as you deem fit. If you suspect the heroes will turn a corner right at the start of the map, lay down a mine for them to activate. If the heroes begin charging through the level too quickly, raise up a wooden wall to temporarily delay their advances.

The villain also has a selection of minions to release during each round. Before the heroes can advance, they have to defeat all of the enemies in a given round. Some minions, such as the enormous Ogre, cost more than other minions, so the villain will have to think ahead to ensure he doesn’t waste all of his resources before the end of the round.

We didn’t get to see the town where players will embark on their adventures, and the exciting SmartGlass integration wasn’t ready for primetime either, but the frantic battling of the heroes and the devious planning of the villain have piqued my interest.
jfreakofkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #2
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,385, Level: 75 Points: 13,385, Level: 75 Points: 13,385, Level: 75

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
so it's like any other fable game

Pokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:00 AM   #3
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 22,904, Level: 93 Points: 22,904, Level: 93 Points: 22,904, Level: 93
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 37

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
From what I've seen and read, I wouldn't consider this a "complete departure from previous titles."
Old 06-12-2014, 07:49 AM   #4
TokyoWarrior28
Points: 558, Level: 11 Points: 558, Level: 11 Points: 558, Level: 11

TokyoWarrior28 is on a distinguished road

I think Fable is fun but I don't know if this is the right direction. If its good I might end up getting an Xbox One because PS4 has nothing for me besides LBP
TokyoWarrior28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:50 PM   #5
SanePsychoSuper
Basic Contradiction
Points: 2,942, Level: 33 Points: 2,942, Level: 33 Points: 2,942, Level: 33
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Cheeky
SanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelorette Award Princess Award Profile of the Month Award 
Total Awards: 7

I am really unsure how to feel about this Fable honestly. I love the Fable series, but this one is really different. Someone controlling the enemies, okay, that's fine. That's something new. But.. these class based characters? Meh.
SanePsychoSuper is offline   Reply With Quote