Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Games > Zelda Series

Notices

Old 06-21-2014, 02:29 AM   #1
Mable
Pines
Points: 3,392, Level: 36 Points: 3,392, Level: 36 Points: 3,392, Level: 36
User owns 1x Poke Doll

Mable has a spectacular aura aboutMable has a spectacular aura aboutMable has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month Review of the Month Princess Award News Reporter Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

Link Old Aonuma Promises to Stop Overdoing Tutorials in the Zelda Series

Reviews were mainly positive for The Legend of Zelda : Skyward Sword, but the game did come under some criticism regarding the amount of handholding and tutorials encountered at the start of the game. The Legend of Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma acknowledges the problem and promises to stop overdoing tutorials in future Zelda titles, including Zelda Wii U.

Schreier: So in Skyward Sword, a few years ago, I think that a lot of people loved that gameóI enjoyed that game quite a bitóbut one of the biggest criticisms or complaints was that it took a very long time to actually jump into the gameplay because there were a lot of tutorials and a lot of introduction and cut-scenes in the beginning. Then Link Between Worlds came along and you just jumped in right away. So I wonder, when planning for future games, are you going to go more towards that Link Between Worlds approach or Skyward Sword, or something in between? How do you feel about intros and tutorials these days?

Aonuma: Yes. When we created Skyward Sword, I really felt the need to make sure that everyone playing the game understood it. But I also understand now, in hindsight, that when you go out and buy a game, you buy the game because you want to play it, and you donít want to have any obstacles in the way. And I guess it was received as a bit of an obstacle. In a game, itís when you get stuck, when you want that help. And I kinda frontloaded all that in Skyward Sword, and it doesnít really help to get that information when you donít know what to do with it. So that was a real learning experience for me. So Iím going to be careful not to do that.
Mable is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2014, 10:10 AM   #2
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 24,201, Level: 94 Points: 24,201, Level: 94 Points: 24,201, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
After A Link Between Worlds, the future of the series is looking more interesting
Old 06-21-2014, 10:31 AM   #3
Hakuryuu
D.D.
Points: 5,975, Level: 50 Points: 5,975, Level: 50 Points: 5,975, Level: 50
User owns 1x Warpstar

My Mood: Bored
Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster Signature of the Month Signature of the Month Princess Award 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
The tutorials in SS really made me dislike the entire game. I'm hoping for some improvement and I'm happy Aonuma realizes the tutorial approach is not a way to begin any game.

Still, the team who worked on SS was literally brand new as compared to the other Zelda games. They had never worked on a Zelda game before.

Hakuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote