Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 06:36 PM   #1
Skreamo
The Anthrax Envelope
Points: 9,691, Level: 66 Points: 9,691, Level: 66 Points: 9,691, Level: 66
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Links Shield
User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Super Leaf User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Bullet Bill

My Mood: Spaced
Skreamo has a spectacular aura aboutSkreamo has a spectacular aura about

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Monster Poster NFF 1st Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via MSN to Skreamo Xbox Live Gamertag: AfterHatred
Cool Guitar Hero: World Tour (Preview)

Quote:

So I got a chance to meet the guys from Vicarious Visions and Neversoft last week and we chatted about their upcoming game, Guitar Hero World Tour.
First off, new to the series includes the drum and microphone. Having played Rock Band a few times, I can say I was really impressed with the quality of the drum in GHWT. It felt better, made less noise when you hit it and the sticks bounced back after a hit, like on real drums. The guitar is different also. No more clicking noise with every strum, there’s a touch sensitive neck slider and a dedicated Star Power button. I didn’t try the microphone, because I can’t sing, but it worked pretty well from what I could see (or, more precisely, hear) from the others singing in the room.

Everyone knows the Guitar Hero/Rock Band gameplay formula, so I’ll just explain what’s new. There are two new kinds of notes that I noticed in the game for the guitar player. One is just a horizontal line, which means you simply strum without pressing any buttons. The second ones are notes linked by purple lines, which mean you need to use the neck slider without strumming. Also new to World Tour are the Music Studio and GH MIX.

Music Studio is where you can get together with friends and just jam out. Play what you want by choosing one of five instruments: lead guitar, bass and drums, which are the three parts you can replay after. Then you have Keyboard and another guitar that you can add, too. While playing in the Music Studio, you can record yourself and export your parts in the GH MIX.

The GH MIX is where things really get interesting — you can copy/cut/paste part of your song, add effects and move notes around. Think of it as a professional music editor ported to a console. Anyone remotely interested in creating their own music will love these two modes, as they work together in helping you create the song you want. Guitar players are probably saying “Well there’s six chords on a Guitar and only five buttons on the GH guitar.” In the Music Studio, you can set which button, or combo of buttons, plays what note, so you can get your full scale by using button combos. This gives you the ability to play pretty much any song you want now. You can change the scale (Major, Minor, etc) you play on, and even the way your instrument sounds.

I received a couple questions from readers and friends about the game, and so I asked them to the devs while I was there. Here’s what they had to say -
Will we get some DLC in the first week of release?
Yes, and they’ll be released on a weekly basis.

Aren’t you afraid of alienating the millions of casual gamers who bought the other Guitar Hero games because it was simple and fun? But now you’ve added all sorts of extra features sure to scare some off.
This simplicity is still there, you can still play only the guitar if you want. We even added an easier difficulty, Beginner. For the Wii version, we’ve added the Mii Freestyle mode.

What kind of online modes can we expect?
Band vs Band (4vs4)
There’s also 1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3.
You can also play four players on four different Wiis in band play.
How will we save our songs we downloaded?
You can either save it in the system’s memory or an SD card.
When you go in the Downloaded songs area, you’ll see both those from your internal memory and SD Card.

How many user-created songs will we be able to create and download?
You’ll be able to create and download over 50(for both) songs and save them locally. From the songs you’ve created, you’ll be able to upload five of them online at once.
Only 5?
You’ll be able to unlock up to 10 upload slots by participating in the community(rating songs, uploading songs, etc).
You can get up to 15 if your song is showcased (Highest Rating/votes).
How big can the user created songs be?
1200 notes per instruments and/or three minutes long
The level of customization in Guitar Hero World Tour is probably what surprised me the most, from the character customization to the different sounds you want your instruments to make in the Music Studio and GH Mix, there’s sure to be something to keep everyone hooked on the game for a long time. Be sure to keep an eye out for the game at the end of October.
I honestly can't wait for this game XD

Source of Destruction XD

Thanks you for mah Rhydon Tag, Mr.DLX<3
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2008, 07:59 PM   #2
Dr. Jekyll
A STRANGE CASE OF...
Points: 4,260, Level: 41 Points: 4,260, Level: 41 Points: 4,260, Level: 41
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Cynical
Dr. Jekyll is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

I'm going to get this for 360, even though I already own Rock Band. In the new Xbox magazine the creators of WT said that Rock Band instruments will work with this, how great are they!?
Old 09-16-2008, 08:07 PM   #3
Skreamo
The Anthrax Envelope
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Links Shield
User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Super Leaf User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Bullet Bill

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
I'm going to get this for 360, even though I already own Rock Band. In the new Xbox magazine the creators of WT said that Rock Band instruments will work with this, how great are they!?
I doubt because the drum pads are way different than RB's kit. The Guitar & Mic. might work. (I don't know about that)

Old 09-16-2008, 08:18 PM   #4
Dr. Jekyll
A STRANGE CASE OF...
Points: 4,260, Level: 41 Points: 4,260, Level: 41 Points: 4,260, Level: 41
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Cynical
Dr. Jekyll is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Royalty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skreamokidd View Post
I doubt because the drum pads are way different than RB's kit. The Guitar & Mic. might work. (I don't know about that)
Actually all they're going to do is make there be 4 notes instead of 5, if it worked for Rock Band then it'll work for this. And seriously, they did say that.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:08 PM   #5
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
I can't wait for GH 4! It'll be so fun! I love the Guitar Hero Series!
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Old 09-17-2008, 01:14 AM   #6
Tencade Kazarian
Disconnect
Points: 7,522, Level: 57 Points: 7,522, Level: 57 Points: 7,522, Level: 57
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

My Mood: Devilish
Tencade Kazarian will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Royalty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skreamokidd View Post
The Rock Band Pad I heard Will Work.
Also will Work with Konami's Rock Revolution.
Via ALL Drumbs with Work 4 ALL GAMES
Old 09-17-2008, 01:44 AM   #7
Skreamo
The Anthrax Envelope

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Hmm.... I see all "drumb" () based games can be used with the Rock Band kit then...

Old 09-18-2008, 11:41 AM   #8
Forsaken
The Unholy One
Points: 212, Level: 4 Points: 212, Level: 4 Points: 212, Level: 4

My Mood: Aggressive
Forsaken We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

Looks awesome ^..^
Old 09-18-2008, 05:17 PM   #9
Ender
Don't mess wif him
Points: 3,031, Level: 33 Points: 3,031, Level: 33 Points: 3,031, Level: 33
User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Tanooki Suit

My Mood: Nerdy
Ender is a jewel in the roughEnder is a jewel in the roughEnder is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF 1st Annual Award NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 2

Xbox Live Gamertag: batmanbirdboy
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I just read that the cross compatibility between the instruments is only for 360 and PS3!!!!
NOT FOR THE WII!
Because GH:WT requires the wiimote to be plugged in, and rock band does not, you have to buy different peripherals for both of them!

F**k you Nintendo!
It'd be cheaper to buy a basic 360 then to pay for a whole other set of instruments....
WHY DO WE NEED TO PLUG IN THE WIIMOTE!!!??? IT DOESN'T LOWER THE PRICE AT ALL!!!!

Here's the article...

Bad news for all you Wii rhythm fanatics out there. Activision revealed today that the Rock Band instruments will not be compatible with the Guitar Hero World Tour instruments due to manufacturing differences. Following Nintendo's guidelines, Activision ensured all of their peripherals utilized the Wiimote, while Harmonix just released standalone peripherals. Brian Bright, project director of Guitar Hero World Tour states that gamers are in this situation because Nintendo allowed Harmonix to bend the rules on the stringent peripheral guidelines. Expect Harmonix to fire back in the coming days.

"Basically on the Wii... GH3 followed Nintendo's guidelines about all third party controllers had to use the Wii mote. So GH3 did, and so did GHWT.. But RB somehow did not, and therefore they are not compatible with us.

"Nothing we could do on this one, I don't know how HMX was able to bend the rules but they seemed to do so and here we are." -- N-Europe

I feel for all of you Wii owners out there that were looking to pick up both titles, and are now tasked with the decision of choosing a side. I'm guessing it will ultimately come down to what rhythm game you currently own, and what game will offer the songs that you feel are worth playing. Really though, I don't think you can go wrong with either. Both games are looking extremely solid and there really is nothing stopping you from buying both is there? Well, except the fact that it would end up costing you like a million dollars.

I'm upset, in case you couldn't tell...

Last edited by Ender; 09-18-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #10
Mario
Just Chillaxin
Points: 52,739, Level: 100 Points: 52,739, Level: 100 Points: 52,739, Level: 100
User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Gold Coin
User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Red Pikmin

My Mood: Gaming
Mario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Monster Poster NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Level 100 Award Mufasa NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 9

3DS Friend Code: 4450-2343-3333 WiiU ID: test123
Let it all out Ender.....

Started from the bottom, now we're here.
Closed Thread

Tags
gh4, guitar hero world tour