Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo Wii Reviews

Notices

Nintendo Wii Reviews Section for all Nintendo Wii Game Reviews and Wiiware Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End Wii version!
Live and Die by the Sword!
Published by Cloud7
10-13-2008
Author review
Graphics
85%85%85%
Storyline
100%100%100%
Controls/Gameplay
70%70%70%
Sound
50%50%50%
Average 76%

Okay I am back in the reviewing game! Let start this with a bang.........or maybe a clang of Swords either one! lol

So this review is all about Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End Wii version! Yes Wii version the reason I added that in the title is because if I do by chance get the 360 version I am going to review it as well! Okay so just like the movies it follows Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, and Elizabeth Swan! But for the most part it primarilly follows Jack on his adventures to free himself from the grasp and deal he made with Davey Jones! Before I go as far as to give game spoilers I am moving on to the next section! And By the Way this was the storyline part of the review! I give the story a 10!

Next I am going on with the graphics part of this game! Okay so if you played the ps2 version of the game then you will see the exact same storyline and graphics engine that the ps2 used to play the game! I will go into a bit of detail to describe it to you the best I can! Okay when I bought this game I expected graphics like maybe as good as Metroid Prime 3 or at least decent enough............but boy was I wrong! I got it and started it and was almost ticked because the Wii can have better graphics than this because it was shown in Metroid Prime 3! It doesn't have the best graphics by far but it is not bad! A few of the cut scenes that cought my eye were the ones that got pixelated for some reason! But anyway I give the graphics a 8.5!

okay controls and Gameplay! The whole reason I wanted the Wii version of the game was for the Swordplay and it was a mojor disappointment because nearly every little jar to the remote causes the exact same attack! Basically the thing is that depending on which way you move the remote it what attack will happen! Like side to side is light attack and up and down is heavy attack and that was it not many combos or anything! I wanted something where you could swing the remote and have your character follow the same path so I was a real disappointment! Another thing I don't know if I like or I hate is the thingy called "Jackanism" Which basically you do the on screen directions and Jack continues doing the right things! What I hated about this thing was that you could do the right thing and it wouldn't register and you would land in worse trouble than ever! But some were actually fun because they were simple! I give the controls a 7 lets face it these were a major disappointment!!

Okay for the sound! The sound was Bleh the end........I want to end it there but unfortunately I can't yet because if I just say that you will not know what the heck I am talking about and.......yeah I can't do that and leave my viewers hanging on what was so terrible about it! So here goes nothing! The only part of the sound in this game I liked was the Voice overs because they were from the original cast from the movies! Now for the rest is bad stuff! The music was bad most of the levels had the exact same music everytime or sometimes they would add an extra part to the same song! It got to the point where I played the game on mute then unmuted during cutscenes! Most of the little people you are fighting in the game make stupid sounds sometimes like they are farting or something IDK? Anyway the sounds of the game suck! I give it a 5 for sound!

Well this review is different because I can't find any pictures of the actual gameplay! So this time no pictures and I am not going to youtube to add those songs to this! So yeah thank you for reading my review and hopefully you enjoyed it and hope you didn't think I was too hard on the game! BTW there is actually a reason I still have this game and it is for the mini games like the Poker and Pirate Dice which are freakin fun to play!

~Cloud7
Published by
Silent Lurker
Cloud7 will become famous soon enoughCloud7 will become famous soon enough
Sponsored Links
By Mario on 10-13-2008, 08:29 AM
Good Review. I was thinking about trying this game out too for the sword play. Good thing I didn't and I won't be picking up this one anytime soon. Jackanism? LOL...I won't go there.

Great to see you doing reviews again Cloud!
By marvman3 on 10-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Cool

Lets get this outta the way first....

The movie iteration of this last movie in the trilogy,
FREAKN A BOMBED!

It was such a disaster of a movie...
(Don't get Marvman into talkn bout Disaster Movie)

Aight,
now for the game...

The forumal for this kind of situation is usually sound...

Crappy Movie = Crappy Game

But there is also an equal part of this equation...

Good Movie = Crappy (to the power of 2) Game

Rockn.

But as Mario said,
glad to see ya doin reviews gain' Cloud.
By Wiidude on 10-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Played this game and it sucked!
By Mimi on 12-22-2008, 01:09 AM
Awesome review Cloud! =)
By mcNUGGet on 12-24-2008, 03:16 AM
yeah i agree.. no sir, i dont like it
Comment