Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Movie Reviews

Notices

Movie Reviews Post your movie reviews here.

Closed Review

Review Tools
Pirates of the Caribbean The Curse of the Black Pearl
Published by Cloud7
10-14-2008
Author review
Movie Rating
95%95%95%
Average 95%

Allright I haven't done a movie review in a long while but now I hope to do 3 in the next few days! all 3 of the Pirates movies!

Allright since this is a movie review I am going to do this in 2 maybe 3 parts that are going to consist of the cast/story of the movie, the Graphics, and then what I think of the movie!

Okay so I am going to jump right in here! So this is the first movie in the series and it introduces you to the main characters of the story! Jack Sparrow, he is a pirate who seems to weasle his way out of any situation and I do mean any situation, Will Turner, found stranded on the water when he was real young and now that he is an adult he works as a Blacksmith shop constructing swords and other various things, and Elizabeth Swan, the govenor's daughter who secretly loves Will Turner and wants to be a pirate! There is one more character I need to mention but I will not go into too much detail atm! Hector Barbosa, a pirate who was cursed by ancheint aztech gold!

Okay this is still is the story behind the movie! So after hearing tales of the cursed pirates at a young age ,Elizabeth Swan was out sailing with her dad and they come across Will Turner floating in open water then she sees a burning ship and a ship with black sails disappears into the fog! But that night she took a pirate medalion necklace from Will Turner's neck and hid it because she didn't want Will to be killed for Piracy by the crew! Years later Jack Sparrow comes to the Quiet town of Port Royal and then the cursed pirates show up and kidnap Elizabeth and take her because of the medalion! and that is enough of the story want to find out the rest watch the movie!!!

Graphics!!! My favorite part of any review! Well the Cursed Pirates look awesome in this movie if you want to know what they look like watch the movie! But going further to the graphics aspects of the review where the battle scenes in the movie! And I know the questions you are asking like "why are you going into battle scenes in the Graphics part" And I will answer that with this Most of the battles are between the cursed pirates and real people! Bottom line the graphics are great end of story!

Okay now for my take on the movie! Which some of you are going to be like "Wth" but whatever! Okay So the first time I watched the movie I hated the thing I was like this movie sucks! But then I watched it again a few times and i started to like it little by little until I just thought it was a good movie! So now I am a fan of the series and own every movie in the series! So yeah bottom line if you didn't like it at first like me watch it a few times because the story can be confusing as heck! So yeah if you don't have the movie or even seen it then go out and rent/buy the movie and give it a shot! The final score for this movie is a 9.5 out of 10! So yeah I hope you enjoyed the review and i will get the Dead man's Chest review up real soon!

~Cloud
Sponsored Links
By marvman3 on 10-14-2008, 09:09 AM
Cool

The Dead's Man Chest,
is probably and most likely is the best one in the trilogy.

It was funny, interesting, captivating, and had a good storyline...

The one before it was good, the next one following it....
was a dissapointment....

Allright,
this is an inspiration for Marvman to do a movie review.

Disaster Movie it is!

Rockn.
By Mimi on 10-14-2008, 05:43 PM
OMD!! MIMI = PotC FAN!!! x3
By Rai17 on 02-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Yea, this movie was really interesting and fun to watch...Kiera Knightley was a REALLY good tomboy-ish princess...
Closed Review