Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Other Reviews

Notices

Other Reviews Playstation, Xbox, PC, or any other console game Review. Also console reviews too

Comment

Review Tools
Sonic the Hedgehog (next-gen)
This Time, Speed Won't be enough...
Published by Cloud7
10-15-2008
Author review
Graphics
100%100%100%
Storyline
95%95%95%
Controls/Gameplay
95%95%95%
Sound
90%90%90%
Average 95%

Allright so here is where this is going to get interesting! Sonic the Hedgehog for Xbox 360! Most people hated this game for some reason.....and I think I know why! Because most of you think the game is way too hard...........well...........let's face it..............IT WOULDN'T BE A SONIC GAME IF IT WAS TOO EASY!!! Okay now that I have cleared that up I am going to do this review a bit differently than the others! First I am going to have shot Bio's about each character then start with the storyline and the rest of my normal review thing!

Allright first Bio is going to be Sonic's!

Sonic, the famous hedgehog know worldwide for his extreme speed and load mouth, has journeyed to the town of Soleanna to stop Dr. Eggman's newest plot and save Princess Elise, but a white hedgehog from the future stops Sonic from saving the princess.....what happens?.......play the game!

Shadow, a once thought to be enemy of Sonic's turned out to be one of his closest allies in the fight to save the world, comes to the aid of Sonic when he is attacked by the White Hedgehog from the future.....what happens with this confrontation?.....play the game!

And last but certainly not least there is Silver......bet you thought he was bad didn't ya! lol

Silver, a mysterious White hedgehog from the future, has come back to the past because of something called the Iblis Trigger which unleashes a monster that ravages the world in his time.....and he thinks it is Sonic so he is out to Destroy him......Still think he is a bad guy?.....want to know what happens?..........Does Sonic Die?.........play the game!

Okay the basic story will become clear if it hasn't already through these bio's! But here it is again for those that can't read between the lines!

Okay So this is going to confuse someone I know it! Sonic is trying to save princess Elise, Silver is trying to kill Sonic, Shadow well he is trying to protect Sonic and throughout the game give Silver about 3 or 4 &#$ Kickings! That is the basic story but there is another one that is hidden....Basically they are all after the same guy but if I told you then you would be omg for real or some crazy stuff! So anyway On to the next part of the review! Storyline gets a 9.5!

The Graphics!!! These graphics in this game are perfectly amazing the character models are smooth and not blocky at all, the massive enviroments are very well structured, and there is even voice acting but that will come into effect later on! Okay so some of the graphics I liked in the game is in the hyperspeed stages for Sonic because the backgrounds are blurred and then as you get closer to them the start to take shape and are sharpened up as you get close to them! Simply amazing, these graphics are great I give them a 10!

Okay controls and gameplay which for this game is going to be divided into sections, Sonic, Shadow, and Silver!

Each one has their own storyline btw! And If you put them all together then you will know who the bad guy is!

Sonic's controls and gameplay! Well Not too much to say here he runs and you can do a variety of attacks my favorite one being the sliding dash attack! The gameplay is very intense...I think that is the right word for it! Well in Sonic's story mode you can also use other characters besides Sonic from time to time like Knuckles and Tails! My favorite parts to Sonic's story are the superspeed levels!! They are awesome the only bad thing about them is............you cannot slow down or stop....even if you hit a wall!

Shadow's controls and gameplay! Well Shadow seems to fight alot more bosses than Sonic in this game so his are primarally driving missions and boss fighting with a few running stages mixed in somewhere! The Driving missions being my favorite part of Shadow's story and using alot of different types of vehicles from Gliders to motorcycles! And when you are not driving you can use his special powers.......The Chaos Control which if you remember it from Shadow the hedgehog then multiply it times 10! Because it destroys everything around you most times!

Silver's controls and gameplay! Okay so Silver is basically extremely slow! He can't run fast at all......but what he lacks in speed he excells in fighting! He has a power called psychokinesis which basically he uses whatever is around him as a weapon! Like if there is a car beside him you can pick it up and hurl it at an enemy, if someone is shooting missles at you, then you can use the power an stop them and send them back and hit your enemies! But yeah most of the missions for Silver are battles! But they are extremely fun though! Gameplay and controls section get a 9.5!

Allright for the sound! The sound was a really good part int he game I enjoyed the music for a change and it was outstanding! The best music in a Sonic game beside that one song from the Secret rings game! The voiceovers went well with an exceptional cast of very talented voice actors! And that is pretty much all I got to say! I give it a 9!

Over all this game is an extremely well made one and i hope to see a sequal to this game because the story line was a good one! Well I know there are alot of Haters out there that are going to be like "that game sucked why did you write a review on it and say it was good?" This is simple and I will go ahead and answer it! I LIKED THE GAME!! Now everyone is entitled to their own opinion about this game but as for me I am glad I bought it and have been playing it alot! And Hopefully this review will set all the BS about this game to rest! If you don't trust my review then go out and rent the game and make your own judgement on the game! Well I hope you liked the review and I will catch you on the flip side!

~Cloud
Published by
Silent Lurker
Cloud7 will become famous soon enoughCloud7 will become famous soon enough
Sponsored Links
By Keyman4 on 10-27-2008, 04:17 PM
Good review!
By AlloftheAbove on 11-14-2008, 06:30 PM
This game was one of the main reasons I got an Xbox 360, yet I never played it. :/
Last edited by AlloftheAbove; 06-24-2011 at 11:02 PM..
By Blitz on 11-15-2008, 12:30 AM
This is a really good review. To be honest, this game is pretty good if I do say so myself... and my username, Iblistech, is derived from one of the characters of that game.... the Iblis Trigger. lol XD ^_^
By Cap'n Masta SSD3 on 11-17-2008, 05:18 PM
This game gets too much hate. I love it, and at it's cheap price, you can't go wrong!
By SuperSmashBros256 on 07-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
75%75%75%
Storyline
75%75%75%
Controls/Gameplay
75%75%75%
Sound
75%75%75%
Average 75%
I liked this game (for PS3 ) I loved the charecters (Sonic Shadow and Silver are my top 3 favorite Sonic charecters) The controls weren't the best but thats not a problem!
By da Beef on 08-30-2009, 08:20 AM
the author of this review is mentally handicapped. that is the only explanation.
By Rin on 08-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
40%40%40%
Storyline
45%45%45%
Controls/Gameplay
35%35%35%
Sound
55%55%55%
Average 44%
Oh good lord, no Sonic game deserves that high of a rating. At least not any next-gen one. Old-school, maybe, but not next-gen.
By da Beef on 08-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by †Rin† View Post
Oh good lord, no Sonic game deserves that high of a rating. At least not any next-gen one. Old-school, maybe, but not next-gen.

Sonic 2, 3 & Knuckles, for sure. nothing else
By Megas75 on 08-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Score is unusually high.....

Couldn't stand the camera
Comment