Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Movie Reviews

Notices

Movie Reviews Post your movie reviews here.

Closed Review

Review Tools
Fight Club
Fight Club
Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
Published by Ender
10-16-2008
Author review
Movie Rating
100%100%100%
Average 100%
Fight Club

Welcome to the Squirtle Squad's Movie Reviews.

Firstly, if you haven't seen this movie, do so...

Secondly, I'll tell you why...

Fight Club is a movie about a man (Edward Norton; American History X) whose name is never given (we'll call him Jack) and his struggle with insomnia. With nothing helping him sleep, he becomes a zombie, walking through life...until he finds support groups.
Brain parasites, sickle cell anemia, testicular cancer; Jack goes to support groups for diseases he doesn't have, and is able to sleep. Until he meets Marla (Helena Bonham Carter; Corpse Bride), another faker in the support group circuit.
Having trouble sleeping again, Jack comes back from a business trip to discover his apartment has been blown up.
This is when he meets Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt; Se7en)
Tyler and Jack form a group in the basement of a bar called Fight Club.
The club allows normal working class guys to go somewhere after work and work out their problems in the most primal way: beating the crap out of each other.
I won't give away any more of the plot...

Fight Club is an amazing movie (based on an amazing book) that is insanely funny, bright, brutal, and visually stunning. From the director of Se7en, and with a twist ending that'll make you have to watch the movie at least twice, there are few movies superior to it.
If you like dark humor, satire, social commentary, or watching Brad Pitt get the s**t kicked out of him, this movie is for you.

Rated R for, I don't know...violence, nudity, language, etc. etc.
Don't be a sucker...watch it!
Sponsored Links
By Golden on 12-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Definitely my favorite movie. So much great stuff in this movie it's hard to imagine. I've seen it at least 6 or 7 times now. The re occurring theme of "I am Jack's ____" is pretty great. Other notable moments:

Tyler addressing the rules of Fight Club
Fight with Lou
"Homework assignments"
Lye hand burn scene
Freakout at the end with the bomb

So much more, but this is what popped into my mind at first.
By MBmoney on 12-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Ah, Such a good movie. This movie probably had the best twist in any movie I've ever seen. Without a doubt. but just curious, doesn't this thread break the cardinal rule of fight club...Don't Talk About Fight Club.
By Ender on 12-22-2008, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBmoney View Post
Ah, Such a good movie. This movie probably had the best twist in any movie I've ever seen. Without a doubt. but just curious, doesn't this thread break the cardinal rule of fight club...Don't Talk About Fight Club.
We're past the old rules.
You should know that the first rule of Project Mayhem is you do not ask questions.
By Lukario on 12-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Well, I haven't seen this movie, but I've heard it's really good.
By da Beef on 08-23-2009, 07:14 AM
David Fincher can make films.
By Kyusen on 11-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Er.. I heard something about the end of the movie... a subliminal flash of, well I'm not gonna say it, but is this true?
By Ender on 12-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyusen View Post
Er.. I heard something about the end of the movie... a subliminal flash of, well I'm not gonna say it, but is this true?
Of course it's true.
You have to watch the movie to get the joke, though.
Closed Review