Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Movie Reviews

Notices

Movie Reviews Post your movie reviews here.

Closed Review

Review Tools
Idiocracy
Idiocracy
Published by Ender
10-16-2008
Author review
Movie Rating
85%85%85%
Average 85%
Idiocracy

Welcome to the Squirtle Squad's Movie Reviews!

Idiocracy is not a well known movie.
From Mike Judge, the director of the cult classic movie Office Space and the creator of King of the Hill and Beavis and Butthead, you'd think this movie would have been released in more than 130 theaters. Or, y'know, some ad time.

Anyways, the movie was (thankfully) released on DVD, and I checked it out.
Here's a plot synopsis, and my take on the film.

Idiocracy is about a normal guy of average intelligence, Joe (Luke Wilson; Rushmore) who works as an Army desk clerk, and is recruited (along with a prostitute; Maya Rudolph) for a secret Army project to freeze human beings and preserve them.
Something goes wrong with the test, and instead of waking up a year later, they wake up five hundred years in the future!
Over the past five hundred years, human beings have been getting stupider and stupider, thanks to evolution, which favors not necessarily the strongest or smartest humans anymore, but simply the ones who procreate the most (i.e. dumb people)
Joe wakes up in the year 2505 to find that he is the smartest person on the planet, and stuff has seriously gone down the tubes.

Featuring some of the most amazingly stupid people ever to grace your T.V. screen, Idiocracy is a hilarious blend of satire, sight gags, and razor sharp wit. I honestly haven't laughed as hard at any other movie.
If you were a fan of Office Space (which, if you haven't seen Office Space, where the hell are you from??) or just want to see a smart, funny look at the country's future, then check this flick out.
Sponsored Links
By Skreamo on 10-16-2008, 06:37 PM
OMG!!!! I love this movie!!! Especially when the restaurant or whatever it is changes it's name over the years & then it turns into Butt******s LMAO xD
By Pazsha on 10-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Hmmm......If its from the dude who made Office Space...I might have to look this up
By Lukario on 10-26-2008, 08:40 PM
I vaguely remember watching this movie. If I did, it was pretty good.

Lukario
By Desert Punk on 11-14-2008, 01:18 AM
I seen it and it was a good movie.
By da Beef on 08-23-2009, 08:16 AM
this was a very funny and clever movie. i even watched it a second time. with Mike Judge's track record, i will definitely be seeing his new film, Extract
By VelvetLightning on 02-17-2011, 11:07 AM
This movie is so funny.
I really loved it.
Anyone who loves a good comedy should watch this movie!
By SuperGamecube64 on 02-17-2011, 03:21 PM
The time machine at the end was hands down one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
By VelvetLightning on 02-18-2011, 01:03 AM
So right!
I loved their outfits.
And how easy it is to be a prostitute, but not even have to give it up.
It was just a super great movie, that is so not as popular as it should be.
But they do play it on Comedy Central a good bit...
By SuperGamecube64 on 02-18-2011, 01:19 AM
Closed Review