Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo DS Reviews

Notices

Nintendo DS Reviews Section for all Nintendo DS and DSI Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
Dragon Quest Monsters:Joker
Dragon Quest Monsters:Joker
Keyman4
Published by Keyman4
10-18-2008
Author review
Graphics
80%80%80%
Storyline
85%85%85%
Controls/Gameplay
70%70%70%
Sound
80%80%80%
Average 79%
Wink Dragon Quest Monsters:Joker

This game is cool! The story is that the main character(you!)snuck out to try out for the Monster Scout Challenge and he gets caught by his dad. His dad lets him try out for it, but the you have to act as a CELL (your dad's organization) member and your dad doesn't care if you win or lose. The story is sort've simple but it's still cool!

Now we move to the graphics, one of the best parts of this game! From simple cell shading to absolutely amazing,this game offers a lot when it comes to graphics. The only drawback is when you view the water really closely, it's just a bunch of blue squares which I know Square Enix could've done better on.

The controls are the not-so good part of the game. You use the D-Pad to move your character(which is clunky at times) and the touch screen is your map and monster stats. If you touch the map a first time, all the stats disappear and the map is still shown. But when you tap it again, the whole map is reset and the stats appear again. When I pushed the start button (which is more likely to be the pause button) nothing happened. I got frustrated and tried the other buttons and to pause, you have to hit the X button. The shoulder buttons ( R and L) is used to move the camera around.
Square Enix, with all of their good games out, could've done better.

Conclusion: If you're a RPG fan, you have to add this game to your collection of RPGs. This game has 200 monsters, lots of weapons to equip them with, and more than 5 islands to explore, breed, and train.

Overall Rating: 8/10

Note: Viewers, please tell me how I did on my review and be honest! Your opinion counts!
Published by
The Mega Master
Keyman4 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Keyman4
Sponsored Links
By Mario on 10-19-2008, 11:36 AM
Keyman good review!!! Only thing it is lacking is a couple of screenshots!

Nice job
By Keyman4 on 10-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
80%80%80%
Storyline
85%85%85%
Controls/Gameplay
70%70%70%
Sound
80%80%80%
Average 79%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Keyman good review!!! Only thing it is lacking is a couple of screenshots!

Nice job
I'm still trying to learn to do that. Hopefully I'll have that done for my next review, Kirby Squeak Squad!
By Linkage on 10-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Enjoyed playing this game. This review matched my thoughts.
By smashfan120 on 10-20-2008, 11:38 PM
Its an ok review.Its missing more details about the game and could use some screenshots.Check Marvman,clouds or my reviews to see what other info u need.You should also try to get a better intro the the review.
By RollinMar on 12-29-2008, 02:50 PM
looks like a fun game
By SegaSlayer33 on 01-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Nice review, as stated above using screenshots really makes the review better and allows the reader to see features of the game relative from what you are saying.

Also, try to add humor. People like reviewers who are witty and use humor whilst still giving an informative review that covers all the bases.

Use the ratings (storyline, controls/gameplay, sound and graphics) to give your reviews more bulk. The review is good, but it could be bigger with more information about different aspects of the game. I personally loved the way you refrenced back to Square Enix and noted how a company with it's reputation could of done better with the graphics.

I think you are a good reviewer, but use of more resources and greater bulk, with humour will add greater quality to your reviews. Keep up the reviews!
By op89x on 01-05-2009, 01:04 AM
You don't need humor to enhance your reviews as long as you have relevant information to keep your readers interested.
Comment

Tags
dragon quest, joker