Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Classic Nintendo Reviews

Notices

Classic Nintendo Reviews Section for all Retro Nintendo Games for NES, SNES, Gamecube, Nintendo 64, Gameboy

Comment

Review Tools
Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
A Great Addition to the Series
Published by Trouble
10-20-2008
Author review
GraphicsN/A
StorylineN/A
Controls/GameplayN/A
SoundN/A
Average N/A%

Legend of Zelda
The Minish Cap

To be honest, when I started this game, I did not think it would be a good game. I was very very wrong.

Instead of telling you all about how great the game is, I'll break it down.

Graphics:

- The graphics look really good for a Gameboy Advance game:
It runs very smoothly, and has great detail. Though, I know they could be better, which is why I don't give it a higher rating.

Storyline:

- Like most LoZ games, the storyline is original and fun. One of the biggest turn offs to me before I played the game was the idea of growing small and such. I figured it would be a bad idea and not worth my time. Once again, assuming took me to a bad place. The bosses are new (for the most part), and new items give you different ways to fight battles. With the introduction of a new people, it gave more substance to the game too.

Controls/Gameplay:
- You might be asking why I gave this a lower score then the rest, well, the controls get very annoying sometimes. Not always having trusty shield and sword at your side at all time is bad enough, but the game barely even uses the shoulder buttons. I mean, I don't use L at all, and I only use R a small amount of the time. Instead of having to change items on the fly between two slots, they should have made L into a third item slot to make it a bit easier. That is only a minor setback though, and should not stop anybody from playing this game.

Sound:
- The sound is great, wonderful. It is high quality, especially for a hand held, and gives us a few old school Zelda tunes with a few updates. There is also a lot of original music too, making the game something very nice to listen too.

Overall:
Definitely worth playing and owning.
Published by
Trouble is an unknown quantity at this point
Sponsored Links
By smashfan120 on 10-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Not really a review of the game.If this is way to get the reviewer award it aint gonna work.Check my reviews and see how its done,but plz dont steal my style.
By Keyman4 on 10-21-2008, 03:48 PM
This is the best game for GBA!
Comment