Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Gaming > Final Fantasy Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 11:03 PM   #1
Trouble
Points: 168, Level: 3 Points: 168, Level: 3 Points: 168, Level: 3

Trouble is an unknown quantity at this point

Square Enix/Soft and Final Fantasy in General

I know I'm not the only one tired of Square remaking, making sequels, prequels, of everything Final Fantasy. Here, I'm going to express my views on the most over-popularized series to date. This is by America only, though this makes FF3 the only FF game not remade in America that came out before the PS2. I will only go through PS1, as it would take a whole thread to say how much I dislike FFXII.

FF I
Times Remade: 2
Extra Games Related: 0

FF I obviously has had its time in the lime light, and Square is at least letting this one stay down.....for now. I suppose it has never been popular enough for Square to really want to remake it a 3rd time.

FF II

FF II, from what I know, this was a game that was enjoyed by some and loathed by others. This was really when experimentation with leveling and stats began though. Once again though, not popular enough to enjoy a DS remake.

FF III
Times Remade: 0

FF III is special, as it has only hit America within the last few years. I'm already assuming that a remake will come out on the next gen Nintendo hand-held. I don't know if the game was popular enough to warrant a remake though, who knows.

FF IV
Times Remade: 3

FF IV has gotten even more glory recently then it really needs. Coming out on the SNES a long time ago, it was very popular for its innovative system and actual storyline. Compared to the previous FF games, this was very special. Now though, Square needs to let it die. I can only beat the game on so many systems before I get bored.

FF V

FF V was just kind of in-between. Good storyline, but nothing really special.
Not nearly as popular as other games in the series, but still pretty good. Another game that needs to be stop being remade though.

FF VI
Extra Games Related:0

FF VI is considered the best FF game to come out on a retro console. It had an unmatched storyline for the time, and was a very good game. Still though, I'd hate to see it fall victim to more greed with other remakes. Once again, it needs to stop hitting generation after generation of consoles.

FF VII
Times Remade: 1 (PC)
Extra Games Related: At least 2
Movies Made: 1

FF VII, the most over-popularized FF game ever to be made.
The game itself was fantastic, unmatched by any other FF game that came out on the PS1. There in-lies the problem though. Square will not let it die. Instead they continue to release sequels/prequels, movies, the works. Worse yet, people continue to buy them and think they are great.

The movie was sub-par, the action was choppy, and could barely be seen due to the bad angles used. The story made little sense too. I mean, Kadaj just magically turning into Sephiroth at the end (sorry if you haven't seen the movie) was lame and a last ditch effort to get Sephiroth into the game.

Dirge of Cerberus, I refuse to even go into detail about. It was a bad game, horribly bad, I can't believe Square made it. But like the fanboys/girls that most people are, it was bought by thousands. Square's greediness is shown well here.

Crisis Core, didn't play it, probably won't. I hear it is great from some, and bad from others. Either way, it is just a money excuse from Square, and in my opinion, should not be purchased.

FF VIII
Times Remade: 1 (PC)
Extra Games Made: 0

FF VIII wasn't spectacular, but was very fun. One of my favorites in games in the series for sure. I'm glad it hasn't been remade too much so that it can hold its glory.

FF IX
Times Remade: 0 (as far as I know)
Extra Games Made: 0

FF IV was fun, not great, but fun. A remake wouldn't hurt, but I really don't want to see one.

Anyways, that is all I have to say about Final Fantasy for the time being.

Last edited by Trouble; 11-02-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
Noir
chortles
Points: 485, Level: 9 Points: 485, Level: 9 Points: 485, Level: 9
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 2x Metroid User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet

My Mood: Lurking
Noir is a jewel in the roughNoir is a jewel in the roughNoir is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Signature of the Month 
Total Awards: 2

Send a message via AIM to Noir Send a message via Skype™ to Noir
Lots of errors here, FFIII was remade on the DS. (but it was FFVI in America idk, its dumb and confusing) Plus you put FFVII instead of VIII.

This all seems like complaining though, which is true since it is I suppose. I'd love to see a remake of FFIX personally, I just like the way it looks and I'd love to see it on a Nintendo system. (I doubt it though)
Old 11-02-2008, 01:28 PM   #3
Trouble
Points: 168, Level: 3 Points: 168, Level: 3 Points: 168, Level: 3

Trouble is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Lots of errors here, FFIII was remade on the DS. (but it was FFVI in America idk, its dumb and confusing) Plus you put FFVII instead of VIII.

This all seems like complaining though, which is true since it is I suppose. I'd love to see a remake of FFIX personally, I just like the way it looks and I'd love to see it on a Nintendo system. (I doubt it though)
Not really errors, as I'm ignoring the screwed up ordering America initially suffered. And thanks for catching my FFVIII error.

It is complaining, but with good reason. There is really no war to express annoyance without complaining though.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:08 PM   #4
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

The bottom line is this: as long as people continue to play these games and shell out money for them, Square will continue to make them.

I personally have no problem with this, as it allows new generations the chance to grab these games up. Sure, I'd like to see the releases spaced out a bit, but since Square all but gave up on Nintendo, I'm not really interested in seeing them develop a new IP anyways.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #5
da Beef
Banned

da Beef will become famous soon enoughda Beef will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

the pc versions of final fantasy VII and VIII were not remakes. they were ports.

if square-enix insists on remakes, just give us FFVII. everyone and their mom wants it. just keep all the anime fighting out and dont go hyper realistic with the graphics. those characters and that world just do not look good when rendered realistically. keep the weird, expressionist, steampunk aesthetics of the original.

ah who am i kidding that'll never happen. but boy would it be sweet.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:39 PM   #6
op89x
Not on the review team
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by da Beef View Post
the pc versions of final fantasy VII and VIII were not remakes. they were ports.

if square-enix insists on remakes, just give us FFVII. everyone and their mom wants it. just keep all the anime fighting out and dont go hyper realistic with the graphics. those characters and that world just do not look good when rendered realistically. keep the weird, expressionist, steampunk aesthetics of the original.

ah who am i kidding that'll never happen. but boy would it be sweet.
And boy would it make money. Release that on the Wii and I'll be happy.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #7
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,208, Level: 69 Points: 11,208, Level: 69 Points: 11,208, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

Quote:
FF II

FF II, from what I know, this was a game that was enjoyed by some and loathed by others. This was really when experimentation with leveling and stats began though. Once again though, not popular enough to enjoy a DS remake.
Lies if you are doing America only, then its only been launched once stateside, via the DS.

Also FF7 sucks IMO, over hype plus it isn't as good as FF8, FF6, or even Crystal Chronicles(this one is best IMO).

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #8
op89x
Not on the review team

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

I never played any of the ones that weren't released on a Nintendo console. I refuse. But if they released them on the Wii, I would pick up 7 and 8.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #9
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,208, Level: 69 Points: 11,208, Level: 69 Points: 11,208, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

So its agreed Crystal Chronicles is AWESOME? I mean come on, they have the race with the chicks who have to have back problems from their "Assets" and the males still look like chicks.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:13 PM   #10
da Beef
Banned

da Beef will become famous soon enoughda Beef will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Crap, I meant to quote you, but I ended up editing this post. So now I'm editing again to apologize. Anyways, the reason I won't play on a Sony console is because I refuse to buy a Sony product.

Last edited by op89x; 02-14-2009 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Meant to quote
Closed Thread