Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Wii

Notices

Nintendo Wii Nintendo Wii section. Post anything Nintendo Wii related here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 06:32 PM   #1
Wiidude
One Cool Dude
Points: 10,495, Level: 68 Points: 10,495, Level: 68 Points: 10,495, Level: 68
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel

My Mood: Cool
Wiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty 
Total Awards: 2

Wink 7 Wii tricks Nintendo doesn't tell you.

The more complex consoles become, the more weirdy-beardy secret functions are squirreled away inside of them, and Nintendo's latest is no exception.
While most of the Wii's Easter Eggs are specific to certain games - there's a whole trove of 'em in Wii Sports alone - here's seven of the best for the console itself.

1. Email a chum's Wii
You'll need to have a record of those damnably unmemorable friend codes for anyone you want to mail, but once you do it's simple: just drop a message to w[friendcode]@wii.com. For instance, w1user67891011@wii.com.

2. Add a smooth, constant blue glow to your Wii
The blue lighting around the disc slot normally only glows when the Wii's got some sort of announcement for you, and disappears once you've read it. However, you can lend your lounge a sci-fi feel by making that tastefull glow permanent. Just email your own Wii - using the system in the tip above - but never read the message (which can take up to an hour to arrive, incidentally). As long as it stays unread, that cheeky light will keep on twinkling.

3. Mario attack
If you're downloading something from the Wii shop - be it a new channel or a virtual console title - have a gander at what the Mario animation in the progress bar is wearing. If he's dressed in red and white (as opposed to his traditional red and blue togs), you can make him chuck fireballs with the A button.

4. Puzzle puzzle
Unlock a hidden hardcore mode in the Photo Channel's jigsaw mini-game. Move the cursor over the number of pieces you want to split your photo into, but hold down the 1 button before you select the option. The resulting jigsaw will be split into 194 pieces, which makes for quite the pictorial challenge.

5. Restore MP3 playback
Speaking of the photo channel, you were probably narked to discover that last year's update to do it inexplicably removed MP3 soundtrack support, lumping us with AAC tracks only. Yeah thanks, Ninty. Fortunately, you can downgrade to the original version by heading to Wii Settings then Data Management, then selecting the Channels tab and choosing to delete the Photo Channel entirely. Don't worry, it won't disappear - instead, it'll revert to sweet old version 1.0, replete with MP3 support.

6. Fix stubborn Wiimotes
If you're having trouble getting a new or borrowed Wiimote to synch with your console, there's a way to make the Wii completely forget about all the remotes it's paired with so that you can start afresh. Turn the Wii off and unplug it from the wall. Wait 30 seconds, then plug it in and turn it on again. When the Health & Safety warning pops up, open the flap on the front of the Wii, then press and hold down the red SYNC button for 15 seconds. And that's it - all the synced controllers will be forgotten. Then pair all your Wiimotes with the console using the standard method.

7. Use your Wiimotes with your PC
Yep, the Wiimote uses standard Bluetooth wireless tech to talk to the console - which means it can also work with a PC. So your Wii controller can double up as a remote control for movie watching, or you can even play any game with it. You'll need either built-in Bluetooth support or a USB adaptor in your PC, plus free app GlovePIE to get it working. There's a little bit of faff involved, but the instructions at the GlovePIE site will talk you through it. You can also download pre-made profiles for specific games.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2008, 06:59 PM   #2
Shiki
You're moonlight~
Points: 769, Level: 14 Points: 769, Level: 14 Points: 769, Level: 14
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote

Shiki is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Shiki Send a message via Skype™ to Shiki
OH WOW! Nice one wiidude I can't wait to try all this ^_^

Old 10-21-2008, 07:28 PM   #3
Guppo
Points: 163, Level: 3 Points: 163, Level: 3 Points: 163, Level: 3

Guppo is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to Guppo Send a message via Skype™ to Guppo Xbox Live Gamertag: Gupppo
Wow, interesting indeed. o_o I'm going to have to remember these when I play my Wii again...

...though it's not too likely I'll be turning it on too soon. xD

Old 10-21-2008, 08:00 PM   #4
Speed
omnomnomnomnom
Points: 115, Level: 2 Points: 115, Level: 2 Points: 115, Level: 2
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote

Speed is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to Speed Send a message via Skype™ to Speed
Awesome finds, Wiidude, last one sounds fun.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:56 PM   #5
MetaLink
Fanboy
Points: 907, Level: 16 Points: 907, Level: 16 Points: 907, Level: 16

MetaLink is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to MetaLink
I knew about most of those except that mario attack one. Can't wait to try it!
Nice finds.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:02 PM   #6
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,448, Level: 72 Points: 12,448, Level: 72 Points: 12,448, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
I knew the first three, but the others were all news to me.

Great stuff.

Lukario
Old 10-26-2008, 02:29 PM   #7
ViciousGamer04
Banned

ViciousGamer04 is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
NFF Referrer 
Total Awards: 1

Nice tips! Sounds exciting, =p

'specially the last one, aha. Too bad I already have a remote control for my computer!
Old 10-26-2008, 07:06 PM   #8
Mario
Just Chillaxin
Points: 52,421, Level: 100 Points: 52,421, Level: 100 Points: 52,421, Level: 100
User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Gold Coin
User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Red Pikmin

My Mood: Gaming
Mario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Monster Poster NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Level 100 Award Mufasa NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 9

3DS Friend Code: 4450-2343-3333 WiiU ID: test123
Cool tips will have to try them out.

Started from the bottom, now we're here.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:25 AM   #9
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
You forgot holding + and - to enter a 'Special' mode
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Old 11-02-2008, 12:55 PM   #10
xshyguyx
Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1

xshyguyx is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks bro, watching movies just got a whole lot easier