Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Fan Forum > Announcements

Notices

Announcements All the latest announcements regarding the Forum will appear here.

View Poll Results: Scariest Video Game Experience?
Skreamokidd 0 0%
Xice 1 12.50%
Ender 2 25.00%
Cloud7 1 12.50%
Doopliss 4 50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 11:29 AM   #1
marvman3
Rockn Dude
Points: 16,100, Level: 81 Points: 16,100, Level: 81 Points: 16,100, Level: 81

My Mood: Rockn
marvman3 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvman3 has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Joker Mufasa 
Total Awards: 4

PSN ID: PSN ID- marvman3 Xbox Live Gamertag: NOT AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE PLAY
October Scary VG Voting!

Okay folks,

Here are the criteria for voting;

You must be a member
who registered on or prior to October the 5th,
in order to have your vote counted towards the tally.

The poll will only be open until the 31st (Halloween) Early Morning.
Which gives you in essence 3 days to vote.

As always,
be honest when you vote,
not for friends, or people who order you to vote for them,
but out of pure honesty, and preference of entry.

The Prize(s) will be given out immediately,
without delay, upon the official declaration of the winner.

Good Luck, and Happy Voting.

Here are the entries in "spoiler" format......

Skreamokidd
Spoiler
I would have to say that.... Resident Evil (don't remember which one) for the N64 would be the scariest game I played as a kid. I actually used to cry & scream & continue playing lol. My mom would tell me, "Why are you playing if you're gonna cry? TURN IT OFF!!".....I never listened. There was a specific level that scared the out of me. It was like 2 in the morning, & I came across one of the bosses (I was playing in the dark) then my mom grabs my shoulder, I scream, I run out of the house like a bat out of hell, fall, then I returned to the house hahaha! She was going to tell me to go to sleep LOL. Other scary games were Resident Evil 4 (Wii) & Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.... One night, my cousin & I stood up late & played T.U.C. man.... he cried!! he nearly pissed himself!!! I was laughing so hard, I woke up the neighbors & they came to complain... I got grounded LOL xD

--skreamokidd

EDIT: That story is NOTHING!!!!
Okay, here's what happened yesterday, well, he have 3 real ghosts in my house (no, it's not a joke)
Yesterday, my Cousin & I decided to play with our old SNES that we had found in the closet.
We played Street Fighter II, then about 10 minutes later, for some reason, the ghosts went into a rage!!
It started by the TV turning off on us (normal ghost activity in my house)
Then our bathroom door slammed shut, we heard screams louder than anyhing we've ever heard...
We were alone in the house, we had no way of getting out, the doors wouldn't open, the windows wouldn't open, believe me, we were terrified to the point where my cousin nearly fainted.
Then every single light in our house turned off, it was pitch black.
We heard heavy breathing, we heard whispers, it was like they were having a conversation.
I felt a chill go down my spine, and a hand grabbing my arm, I passed out...
When I regained conciousness, my cousin was passed out too, there was a face on our TV,
I was too scared to move, talk, or scream.
Then my cousin woke up, the face disappeared,
& everything went back to normal. My heart was pounding as if it wanted out of my chest.
I was in a state of fear that is unbelievable, we didn't move from the couch until my parents got back from the grocery store an hour later. That isn't the first time that a ghost went into a rage when I played Street Fighter...
Something very similar happened about 7 years ago, though it wasn't as frightening as this experience...
I will NEVER play that game again, I don't think i'll even use the SNES ever again.
The ghosts have been doing alot more things since then. We couldn't sleep yesterday because of that. So, there you have it, this story is real, heed this as warning from beyond, don't play Street Fighter.....

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/3qAPbXNq0dc width=425 height=350 type=application/x-shockwave-flash></EMBED>
Spoiler <INPUT style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; WIDTH: 45px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName(' div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('d iv')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('d iv')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" type=button value=Show>

Xice
Spoiler

Good Times

My Guess Would be Clock Tower 3.Clock Tower Scared the Hell Out of me One Night,Me and My Brother and Uncle were In This Room playing It.We Pop open the Game and Put it in.We Turned out all the Lights in the House.My Grandma Just Came Home from the Store and say where is everyone.Back to the Topic,I started Playing the Fist Part.The First Part Was a Little Scary and it Got more Scary Throught Out the Game.There This One Part Where I Was so Scaryed I couldn't Sleep for One Week.This Part all happen when this Girl was Reading a Newspaper and The Article Read 6 year Old Girl Murdered by Monster.After a Few Secs.The Paper she Read came to Life.She Monster Had a Huge Hammer..It had Blood all of it.I was so scaryed.....I turn it Off.The End Now.I'm Laughing until that Day.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Ender
Spoiler
The Scariest Game in the Whole Wide Wide World
An Essay
By Ender

The Game: Jeopardy
The System: NES
The Price For Playing It: MY SOUL!!

Of all the games I have played throughout the years, be they survival horror, FPS, anything, the scariest game I have played in my entire life is Jeopardy for the NES.
The creepy music, the ghoulish, zombie-like characters, the exorcist-like demon speak that the players answer with....never has a game been so terrifying to me in my life.
It all started when I was young, around six or seven years old. The only game console I had back then was an NES, and my parents kept it on top of an old TV in the basement. I have always been afraid of my basement, but I would risk the possibility of being eaten by Tim Curry dressed as a demonic clown so I could play my favorite classic games. Having beaten most of them: SMB, Kid Icarus, etc. (except Metroid....damn you Metroid!) I turned to the not so classic games. And there I discovered the single most horrifying gaming experience of my life.
I would put in the game and turn the system on, sitting alone by myself in the basement. The screen would go black, and after the start screen, haunting pulses of electronic music wracked my nerves. I chose a character that least looked like a zombie, and faced off against my ghoulish foes in a battle of late seventies trivia.
Sitting there, in the dark, my face illuminated only by the blue light of the words on the pitch-black screen, I knew I would have trouble sleeping later. Occasionally, the CPU creature, getting a right answer, would mock me by spinning his head on his shoulders, or baring fangs at me. Random glitches and strange, demon-like gibberish were a common occurance. Thinking I saw strange reflections in the television as the seething music played was also a common occurance.
Now, I'm sure most of you don't believe me. But I decided to be honest, and tell the story of the scariest videogame I have ever played. And even though the majority of posts on this thread will be about Resident Evil, or Fatal Frame, or some other modern horror game, I will always remember the one game that made me fear videogames as a child. Jeopardy.

This video hardly does justice to my childhood experience, but this is the game in question.
WARNING: DO NOT watch alone in a creepy basement, especially if you're seven years old....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYQqPmEPgZs

Happy Halloween.

Cloud7
Spoiler
OKay so my scariest game...Well I would have to say that the scariest game that I played like when I was a kid was.....one of the Resident Evil games.....I think it was Dead Aim! OMG I was so freaking scared playing that game! I know someone is going to laugh at me for saying this....but....it gave me nightmares and I slept with a flashlight for a year! Mainly because I played it like at 3 am and was forced to play it at that by my stupid brother...he made me play it even though I didn't want to and I had nightmares because he said that stuff was going to get me one night.

But if you would ask me now what is a scary video game I would so say Dark Sector......if I had Dead Space I would go with that because the trailer made me go "omg I will never look at twinkle twinkle little star the same way again" I will leave a trailer for Dead Space at the end of the story. But now for Dark Sector some of the trailers don't show just exactly scary this game is but it is scary if you play it after midnight because you will start hearing some of the sounds in the game and some of them like creaky floor boards and other stuff will make you freak out! I know I did because there was one boss that made me go omg that is insane! Well I got scared of that game a few times and I actually freaked out because I had the Xbox 360 in my room at about 2 am and the door was shut I was playing the game when............BANG BANG BANG GO TO BED!!!!!!!!!! I like to freaked out because I had the volume down low and it was some load banging!

But that is my story and now if you want to play a real scary game play........Care Bears.......yes it is a game and it scares the H*LL out of me it gives me nightmares that are worse than the Resident Evil nightmares!! Scary huh?

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/WnS1j2L3Bxo width=425 height=350 type=application/x-shockwave-flash></EMBED>

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/Z2vt8ygK9q0 width=425 height=350 type=application/x-shockwave-flash></EMBED>

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/doOoTXwdaPY width=425 height=350 type=application/x-shockwave-flash></EMBED>

Okay so that is it! Hope you enjoyed it and have a Happy and Safe Halloween!

~Cloud

Doopliss
Spoiler
Warning* This post rated for extremely disturbing images, mild language, and suggestive themes.

It was a crisp, cold, windy October evening. The leaves had just begun their transitional stages of the summery green to a fiery, crimson shade. You could practically taste the Halloween in the air. The spicy scent of pumpkin pie from the local bakeries titillated my nostrils as I strolled down my cul-de-sac. I was just returning from my girlfriend's house after a rather...extravagant tryst outing spent together .

Upon approaching my house, I discerned it was desolate, acknowledging my parents were out for an elegant dinner together. "Perfect!" I thought to myself. I could remain remote for the night without any nagging over chores (and finishing that Spanish project, of which I think we would be better off NOT discussing.) So, what better way to squander a Saturday night than staying up late playing video games?

I earnestly tossed a slice of cold pizza into the microwave, kicked off my shoes, and popped open a refreshing can of Ale8 - wait a minute, what ?! You’ve never heard of Ale8? It’s the most splendid beverage bestowed upon all of mankind! (It’s a local softdrink to Kentucky, it tastes sort of like ginger ale, except a million-billion times better. Seriously.) Anyways, back to the story. I was extremely engrossed in the vigorous task of lolling around; eating and playing my newest video game – The legend of Zelda, Windwaker.
<O
Several things from that game were quite memorable; the music, the characters, the epicness of being able to sail wherever you wanted, and the entire freaking storyline itself. However, none of these were as indelible as the one I experienced that dark, eerie night

Disembarking my trusty ship AKA the King of Red Lions, I set foot upon the Island of Windfall. The greeting of contradictory “happy” music in the background, smiling faces of some young girls, and treacherous merchants did not charade the true evil of that atrocious, calamitous, loathsome, unpropitious, repulsive, damnable island. Heck, I could even see the tombstone of some innocent victim from this misleading atoll.
<O
I skittishly sauntered up that hill, only to behold my terror-stricken eyes a homosexual, rainbow cloaked demon. It was twirling about the tombstone, that hellion, conjuring or summoning some sort of wraith to terrorize me. Like a bat out of hell, I briskly dove-rolled to the nearest haven, which was, to my ill fate, the lair of yet another gruesome, horrendous creature. Inside was a penitentiary housing a despicably framed critter. It was cloaked in green tights, a red loincloth, and had a strangely fairy-shaped head. I had yet to learn the true repugnance of this foul beast, when to my abhorrence, he turned his head to look at me. I will never forget that detestable visage.

It was undoubtly disturbing.
After my panic-stricken conversation with him, I quickly attempted to leave his cell, BUT NO!!! He DEMANDED that I take a crude device for him to contact me. The stalker wanted some sort of connection to me, no doubt to rape me! As fast as lightning, I unplugged the Gamecube power chord and never touched that game for two weeks. I got over it though, and soon beat it.

But still.

That frightful memory still haunts me.

Happy Halloween!

Rockn.

Last edited by marvman3; 10-30-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
Mario
Just Chillaxin
Points: 52,301, Level: 100 Points: 52,301, Level: 100 Points: 52,301, Level: 100
User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Gold Coin
User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Red Pikmin

My Mood: Gaming
Mario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Monster Poster NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Level 100 Award Mufasa NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 9

3DS Friend Code: 4450-2343-3333 WiiU ID: test123
Such tough choices.

Started from the bottom, now we're here.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #3
Skreamo
The Anthrax Envelope
Points: 9,691, Level: 66 Points: 9,691, Level: 66 Points: 9,691, Level: 66
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Links Shield
User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Super Leaf User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Bullet Bill

My Mood: Spaced
Skreamo has a spectacular aura aboutSkreamo has a spectacular aura about

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Monster Poster NFF 1st Annual Award Poster 

Send a message via MSN to Skreamo Xbox Live Gamertag: AfterHatred
Ender voted for himself!!

Thanks you for mah Rhydon Tag, Mr.DLX<3
Old 10-29-2008, 04:25 PM   #4
Doopliss
Music maker
Points: 511, Level: 10 Points: 511, Level: 10 Points: 511, Level: 10
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Doopliss is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Doopliss
Don't be a tattle-tale =p he's probably gonna win anyways lol.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:14 PM   #5
Skreamo
The Anthrax Envelope
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Links Shield
User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Super Leaf User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Bullet Bill

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

excuse me?

Old 10-30-2008, 09:52 AM   #6
marvman3
Rockn Dude
Points: 16,100, Level: 81 Points: 16,100, Level: 81 Points: 16,100, Level: 81

My Mood: Rockn
marvman3 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvman3 has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Joker Mufasa 

PSN ID: PSN ID- marvman3 Xbox Live Gamertag: NOT AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE PLAY
Cool

Please Vote.

It would be a shame,
if only 2 people voted in this forum contest....

Rockn.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
Ender
Don't mess wif him
Points: 3,031, Level: 33 Points: 3,031, Level: 33 Points: 3,031, Level: 33
User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Tanooki Suit

My Mood: Nerdy
Ender is a jewel in the roughEnder is a jewel in the roughEnder is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF 1st Annual Award NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 2

Xbox Live Gamertag: batmanbirdboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by skreamokidd View Post
Ender voted for himself!!
I certainly did.
Was that against the rules?
If it was, they need clarification, and I'll change my vote.

I voted for the one I thought was the best. Call me immodest, but that's my opinion.

I don't vote for people just because. If I thought someone had a better scary videogame experience then mine I would have voted that way...
Old 10-30-2008, 01:31 PM   #8
Skreamo
The Anthrax Envelope

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Old 10-30-2008, 01:32 PM   #9
Mario
Just Chillaxin
Points: 52,301, Level: 100 Points: 52,301, Level: 100 Points: 52,301, Level: 100
User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Gold Coin
User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Red Pikmin

My Mood: Gaming
Mario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Monster Poster NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Level 100 Award Mufasa NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 9

3DS Friend Code: 4450-2343-3333 WiiU ID: test123
I don't believe that is against the rules

Started from the bottom, now we're here.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #10
Wiidude
One Cool Dude
Points: 10,495, Level: 68 Points: 10,495, Level: 68 Points: 10,495, Level: 68
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel

My Mood: Cool
Wiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty 
Total Awards: 2

Wiidude got scared reading these stories. Wiidude would not want to run into that homosexual elf.
Closed Thread