Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo Wii Reviews

Notices

Nintendo Wii Reviews Section for all Nintendo Wii Game Reviews and Wiiware Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
Brothers In Arms: Double Time Review
Command your Squad
Published by SeanMi
10-31-2008
Author review
Graphics
75%75%75%
Storyline
90%90%90%
Controls/Gameplay
80%80%80%
Sound
90%90%90%
Average 84%

Brothers in Arms: Double time is a re-release of Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 and Earned in Blood. So basically...a port to the wii. Nothing new except the wii controls.
This review however, is just me playing it for the first time. So the scores reflect that, not a ported game.

Like I said before, Brothers in Arms: Double Time is two games, bundled in one.
In the first game, Road to Hill 30, you play the role as Matt Baker. You have been promoted to sargent, but don't feel like you can command a squad, and have doubts. As the story moves on, Baker seems to understand his role better, but still have doubts.

In Earned in Blood, you play as Joe "Red" Hartsock. Red was the leader of the fire team in Baker's command. But in the second game, you play as Red. However, you don't replay any of the same missions.
About half of the missions in Earned in Blood take place before the story in Road to Hill 30 ended.

The AI is not that great, but is decent. Like most WWII games, your still the one killing everyone. You squadmates just lay down suppresing fire, and you go around and kill the enemy. But at least there more stategy. You have a health bar, instead of automatic healing.
The Enemy AI does hid behind cover. And if your sneaking up on them, they do change there position.

Graphics:
The graphics are alright. Like i said, the game is a port, so its last gen graphics, which aren't bad.

Storyline:
The storyline is very good in this game. You might actully care if one of your squadmates die. You get to know more about each character, and there past. Some of the story is based on real events.

Controls:
The controls are good for the most part, but have some problems. It feels alright while aiming, Although, i do like the feel of MoHH2 more. But throwing grenades feels very akward. You press the - button and let go at the point you want to throw it. then you make the action of a throw, much like MoHH2. But MoHH2 is ALOT smoother. Its very unresponsive in Brothers in arms.

Sound:
The sound is Very good. Guns sound very realistic, the explosions, Everything does.
And the voice acting is very well done. Said to be worthy anough as Band of Brothers.

Sadly, there is no online mode...a big downfall.

Overall, Brothers in Arms is a good WWII game. You get to comnand your squad, something other WWII games don't let you do. I like WWII games, so it wasn't bad for me. You get two games, which is nice, and the price is $50. But they are ports, and are over 3 years old. So it would have been better if it was $30 or $40. The game is rated M for mature. There is blood, and harsh languege.

If you were to buy a WWII game, MoHH2 would be a better bet. Based ONLY on the fact that there is online play. But hold your money folks...CoD World at War is comeing out soon, so i think your best bet is to wait for that. It too has online play.

Review done via wii. Sorry no pics...i tried but they didn't work.
Published by
SeanMi has a spectacular aura aboutSeanMi has a spectacular aura about
Sponsored Links
By Skreamo on 10-31-2008, 10:45 PM
WOW you did this on the Wii? Must've taken you a long time!! Awesome Job Sean!
By SeanMi on 11-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
75%75%75%
Storyline
90%90%90%
Controls/Gameplay
80%80%80%
Sound
90%90%90%
Average 84%
Yep, I have no life...lol
Thanks
By Mario on 11-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Good review sean.. You did that on the Wii..must have taken forever. I'll add some screens if ya don't mind.
By SeanMi on 11-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
75%75%75%
Storyline
90%90%90%
Controls/Gameplay
80%80%80%
Sound
90%90%90%
Average 84%
took about 20mins. Its not too bad doing it on the wii.

It would be great if you did. Just make sure its from Double Time, because there is a new Brothers in Arms game (Hells Highway) which is for PS3 and 360 (way better graphics)
Thanks
By Skreamo on 11-01-2008, 10:02 PM
I added some screenshots & the box art as the Review Cover
By SeanMi on 11-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
75%75%75%
Storyline
90%90%90%
Controls/Gameplay
80%80%80%
Sound
90%90%90%
Average 84%
Thank you skreamo! Thats a dang good looking review lol
By Wiidude on 11-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Widude likes this review SeanMi. Nice one dude.
By safcrhys on 11-26-2008, 06:47 AM
What I hate is that I have to play as an American all the time! I'm British for goodness sake! Give me a game where I can be apart of the SAS!

I will still pick up this game however, and CoD5.
Comment