Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > WorldWide News, Politics & Religion

Notices

WorldWide News, Politics & Religion Title Says It All

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 10:51 PM   #1
SeanMi
Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

SeanMi has a spectacular aura aboutSeanMi has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: SeanMi-ghty
Global Warming

Its come to a conclusion that Global Warming is real and were all going to die....
Is that for certain though? Excuse me for being a little skeptical of science. Yes, science. saying something is good for you, but 10 years later saying it can kill you or cause cancer.
So i don't know for sure if its real, or not. The Earth goes through natural cycles. It could be one of those.
I do believe that cleaner energy and energy independence are very important. Stop buying so much oil from countries that hate us. And investing in alternitives. like wind, solar, nuclear and others.
I think a cleaner planet is better. I will try to do my part. No littering, turn my lights off. But i'm not going to turn into some freak and use only one sheet of toilet paper...

I do know that Al Gore is a huge FAKE though. He makes money off of peoples fear. Guess he's smart for that. People are just dumb enough to follow blindly. Gore disstortes facts in "An Inconvienet Truth" CNN did a special on it. And there was even a scene in there from the movie "The Day After Tommarow" of the ice caps. Yep...computer generated. And Gore is a hypricreit. Flying around in a private jet. Those consume alot of fuel. He should fly passenger if he believed fully in his cause. Also he has a big house and that consumes alot of electricity.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:54 AM   #2
DarkElf
Banned
Points: 279, Level: 5 Points: 279, Level: 5 Points: 279, Level: 5

DarkElf is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to listen to Live on the Moon by Goremy XD

Sig and Icon made by SkreamoKidd
Old 11-02-2008, 04:29 AM   #3
Dr. Jekyll
A STRANGE CASE OF...
Points: 4,260, Level: 41 Points: 4,260, Level: 41 Points: 4,260, Level: 41
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Cynical
Dr. Jekyll is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

You don't seem to know jack about Al Gore, and it's really obvious you haven't tried to watch "An Inconvenient Truth." Instead you choose to watch something on CNN and actually take it seriously.

Quote:
"The Day After Tommarow" of the ice caps. Yep...computer generated.
Maybe he was trying to demonstrate what is gonna happen soon? Or is this for what it's supposed to look like now?

Quote:
Also he has a big house and that consumes alot of electricity.

Looks like a fairly small house for an evil greedy person like Al Gore.
Quote:
Stop buying so much oil from countries that hate us. And investing in alternitives. like wind, solar, nuclear and others.
Well that's what we're trying to do right now, but it requires cooperation from many other places around the world.

EDIT:

Debate begin!!
Old 11-02-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
smashfan120
Sir Smash
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Golden Mushroom

smashfan120 We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 1st Annual Award SSBB Tourney Winner Game Reviewer SSBB Tourney Winner 
Total Awards: 5

Send a message via AIM to smashfan120 PSN ID: anthonyx101
i agree with Jeckyll.We need new source of energy or every1 will soon die.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:11 AM   #5
Blitz
Just Chillin'
Points: 549, Level: 10 Points: 549, Level: 10 Points: 549, Level: 10
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Relaxed
Blitz is on a distinguished road

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 2

This whole global warming issue is our own fault.... We're all going to die because of our selfish actions.... we put ourselves before our own planet and we never paused to consider our actions before we started messing our planet up big time. Now.... we must pay for our selfish actions and face the consequences that lay ahead of us until we can think of a way to fix this problem that we caused in the first place.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #6
SeanMi
Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

SeanMi has a spectacular aura aboutSeanMi has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster NFF Debater 

PSN ID: SeanMi-ghty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
You don't seem to know jack about Al Gore, and it's really obvious you haven't tried to watch "An Inconvenient Truth." Instead you choose to watch something on CNN and actually take it seriously.

Maybe he was trying to demonstrate what is gonna happen soon? Or is this for what it's supposed to look like now?

Looks like a fairly small house for an evil greedy person like Al Gore.
Well that's what we're trying to do right now, but it requires cooperation from many other places around the world.

EDIT:

Debate begin!!
then you dont know jack about me my friend
I watched An Inconvienant Truth in my Contemporary World Affairs class. So don't speak for me.
CNN, seems to be unbiased for the most part, might lean more liberal, said the flaws in his argumant. I wish i could find it, seen it about a year ago.

So keep thinking Gore will save the Earth....thats YOUR choice.

That seems like a nice size house for someone who want to save the world. He should live off the land like a hippie!

And he still does fly around in private jets.

We agree on the energy issue.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:54 PM   #7
Kansaibou
The LEgEndarY HeRo
Points: 2,722, Level: 31 Points: 2,722, Level: 31 Points: 2,722, Level: 31

My Mood: Cool
Kansaibou is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF 1st Annual Award NFF Debater 

Send a message via AIM to Kansaibou Send a message via Skype™ to Kansaibou
well.. first off, let me make this point...

science..is ALWAYS right.. that is an absolute (one of the few i abide to in life)..

however.. HUMAN science is flawed, and therefore constantly changing..

..furthermore... yes, it is VERY possible that global warming is just part of a natural cycle.. but even if it is, its still an issue that needs to be resolved.. but even so, it doesnt mean we should simply ignore all of this... i mean.. its all around beneficial to change our unclean ways than to just ASSUME global warming doesnt exist and possibly endanger all of earth over a guess..

EDIT:
oh... and im pretty sure gore has like.. 7 houses..

Last edited by Kansaibou; 11-02-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:32 PM   #8
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,448, Level: 72 Points: 12,448, Level: 72 Points: 12,448, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
Well, I wouldn't go as far as to say we'll all be dead because of it. Maybe you are talking about in a half century or something.

Do I think it exists? Yes I do. I do my best to make sure my impact is as little as possible. I keep almost all of my lights off during the day, and have the windows open to stay cool. Other than that, it's up to the people of the world to stop global warming, not energy companies.

Lukario
Old 11-02-2008, 02:26 PM   #9
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
OMG Al Gore lives in the house on Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire! Lol

But Global warming is real and can cause an ice age. And also within like 100 years put Sanfransisco under water (I read it somewhere)
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Old 11-02-2008, 03:39 PM   #10
Dr. Jekyll
A STRANGE CASE OF...
Points: 4,260, Level: 41 Points: 4,260, Level: 41 Points: 4,260, Level: 41
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Cynical
Dr. Jekyll is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMi View Post
then you dont know jack about me my friend
I watched An Inconvienant Truth in my Contemporary World Affairs class. So don't speak for me.
CNN, seems to be unbiased for the most part, might lean more liberal, said the flaws in his argumant. I wish i could find it, seen it about a year ago.

So keep thinking Gore will save the Earth....thats YOUR choice.

That seems like a nice size house for someone who want to save the world. He should live off the land like a hippie!

And he still does fly around in private jets.

We agree on the energy issue.
Gore is not going to be the only one who's saving the Earth, he's informing us and doing his part in helping the world, I actually don't see whats so wrong about having a private jet when he does have to be at a lot of places quite often. There won't be one person saving the earth, it takes total cooperation. Oh, and whether he's a hypocrite or not, what he says is factual. What he says has proof behind it, maybe not all the things he says is completely accurate, but he did a damn well job explaining most of everything. I dunno about whether or not he's trying to steal all of our money, but he seems like a nice enough guy not to. Though I suppose that does not mean anything.
Closed Thread