Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Movie Reviews

Notices

Movie Reviews Post your movie reviews here.

Closed Review

Review Tools
Saw IV
Saw IV
IT'S A TRAP LOLOLOL
Published by Dr. Jekyll
11-09-2008
Author review
Movie Rating
40%40%40%
Average 40%
ouch Saw IV

Okay, so I thought it would be good Fall spirit (Halloween is over lol) to review Saw IV, with Saw V already out.

Well, what can I say... It's really gory, I've seen worse things on the internet (don't ask), but this was pretty damn disturbing. The stupid synopsis would be "BAD PEOPLE GET TORTURED HURR." The intelligent synopsis would be "Bad people get tortured with edge of your seat detective work."

When I saw the first Saw (hehe), I thought it was pretty decent, not too gory, and kinda intelligent and interesting. But it seemed like after that it was just gore/twists & turns all around. In Saw IV Jigsaw continues his crazy shenanigans, but this time it has an icky autopsy scene. The plot is pretty confusing, all I could tell was that Jigsaw was making the detectives/others play his little game by following clues, etc. In one scene he has to make this guy lay on his bed (which the guy used to torture and rape women) and give him the choice of gougeing out his eyes with some device, and then pulling off his limbs apparently. Eww.

To be pretty damn honest, I don't know what to say. I just watched this and I'm already having trouble recalling what the hell just happend. But somehow I think you've got the idea. Don't watch this. Or any of the other Saws, they'll make you sick.

I normally don't do reviews, so forgive me for the not so detailed review.
Sponsored Links
By Wiidude on 11-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Wiidude thinks the saw movies are stupid.
By wakeboardhero on 11-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Member reviews
Movie Rating
5%5%5%
Average 5%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiidude View Post
Wiidude thinks the saw movies are stupid.

agreed!! they are just plain pointless and dumb! they arent even suspensful or scary!!! just dumb...
By Kansaibou on 11-16-2008, 12:14 AM
lol.. saw sucks anyways... how the hell did they make it past 1?... you think it would have been rejected in the "good ideas department"...

.. god, those movies are so BAD... i mean, they are nothingness.. just.. lots of gore..
By Keyman4 on 11-16-2008, 06:36 AM
They all sucked but Saw III was the worst!
By ~Krystal~ on 12-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Are you guys kidding? Saw IV was mighty good. To me, it's not about action and gore. It's always been about thinking. Call it a Scooby Doo mystery...minus Scooby, the rest of the gang, and the G-rating. ^_^

I loved the plot twists and I thought the impossible choices and gruesome scenarios were mighty unsettling and entertaining. I don't think the plot was too complicated tbh. What I think threw people off in Saw IV was the ending. No one had expected the detective to be in on things, but Saw V brings that twist together nicely and explains how and why he just so happened to be a Jigsaw follower.

If people stopped looking at each Saw sequel as an entirely separate story and as a piece to a greater whole instead, I feel they wouldn't be as frustrated with the directions the series has taken. Saw is gory and sometimes frightening, but lets not forget it tries to get the viewers to think about how events will unfold and remind them how the sequels are parts to an on-going story.
By lostleader on 12-19-2008, 05:02 PM
all i need to here

*note to self keep avoiding saw series*

thanks krystal
By Rai17 on 02-08-2009, 04:22 PM
wtf, r u kidding me?
sure, they're alot of sequels, bt they leave u at the edge of your seat! Isn't that the very heart of a decent gory-horror flick? Oh, come on, somebody, back me up here!! XD
By Xenon on 03-28-2009, 04:09 AM
I'm feeling sick just reading this review... Don't worry about it not being detailed, it doesn't really need to be. They're stupid movies and they shouldn't have been produced past number three. My cousin loves them, and I don't understand why... How can Jigsaw keep them playing the game? He's dead at the end of Saw 3! My cousin told me that his girlfriend made his face explode!
By Dr. Jekyll on 03-28-2009, 04:11 AM
Hate to say this, but what Krystal said actually changed my views some on this movie, though it is still horrendously gory.
Closed Review

Tags
saw iv review