Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Other Reviews

Notices

Other Reviews Playstation, Xbox, PC, or any other console game Review. Also console reviews too

Comment

Review Tools
Gears of War 2
Gears of War 2
Published by Cloud7
11-10-2008
Author review
Graphics
100%100%100%
Storyline
90%90%90%
Controls/Gameplay
100%100%100%
Sound
90%90%90%
Average 95%
Gears of War 2

Allright I am sure some of you on this site have seen my Gears of War review and if you haven't go take a look at it! But now it is time for the sequal's turn at this! Gear of War 2!!

Allright for the story and yes this one actually has a story to it! Allright so since the first game it has been an all out war since the death of General Raam and the Gears are trying to protect their final safe zone Jacinto. And the C.O.G. has rallied up the last survivors to fight and help save humanity on the planet Sera or Sara I can't remember the name exactly but it is one of those 2! But Since the end of the first game Dom has been searching for his Wife Maria but cannot seem to be at the right place at the time she is! Will he find her? What will the outcome of the humanity on planet Sera/Sara be? Buy or rent this game and play through it! I would suggest buying it because it is one of those play through it alot and you don't have to take the same paths! But I give the score on the story a 9 because it is just that good this time around!

The Graphics and once again I am going to go with completely awesome!! With it running on the Unreal Engine you know it is good but what most people don't know is that they added some tweaks to the engine and now it runs faster with a ton more enemies on the same map! If you played the first game start thinking back in your head about how many you would see running around the battle field........it was only about 9 or 10 at a time.......well not this one!! You can walk out and have 50 rush you at once if you are not careful and yes I know because it happened to me once! The realistic effects of the water and various other liquid in the game look fantastic with plenty of wide open vista's to loads of wartorn citys that look like a nuke was dropped in them! Also when a building collapses it actually comes down brick by brick instead of the original on building falling as a whole! And the Gore in the game is not overdone this time around but it is still there! now I know what Cliff Bleszinski meant by you might want to bring a bucket this time around and he meant it too! I give the Graphics a 10 out of 10!!

Allright I got something to point out first you know how in the first game when you were playing it and just using your chainsaw and running around and killing your enemies with it? Or how they would come up to you and chainsaw you and there was nothing that could stop it? Now there is!!! Now if someone runs at you with their chainsaw up crank yous up and get ready for this one because it is now a chainsaw duel!!!!! Your Lancer is going to be your greatest tool in this game NEVER get rid of it because the second you do you will need it and not have it and then get sawed up! But basically the controls are the same as in the first game where as the A button is the "action" button and the B button is Melee attack and so on! The only thing is that there are alot of new weapons in this game that it will blow your mind!! Yeah the controls are great and the gameplay is perfect as well! I give it a 10 too!

As for the sound it is great with all the extremely tallented voice actor and a few of the new Gears members in this game they are voiced very well done too! Some of the Locusts run away at the sound of the chainsaw firing up I think it is cool how they react to the different sounds that go on around you and stuff it is really cool! But yeah that is about it besides the music wich is alot better than the first game by a long shot! I give this a 9!

Well that is about it for this review....But Yeah I know this is a fact as soon as you see this review you are going to be like how did you beat it that fast and such well I didn't only beat it.......I beat it twice! and it has only been out for 4 ays now so yeah and no it is not a short game either it is definately longer than the first one I just played through it several times to get my review done and I wanted to make this review great since it has been a while since I haven't written one in the backside of eternity! But now that this one is up I am going to try and get on some movie reviews and a heap more game reviews! So Well that is it I am going to put a chainsaw duel video at the end of this to show you what it is actually like to be in a chainsaw duel! Hope you enjoyed this review and catch ya on the flip side!

And now a trailer

~Cloud
Published by
Silent Lurker
Cloud7 will become famous soon enoughCloud7 will become famous soon enough
Sponsored Links
By SeanMi on 11-11-2008, 12:53 AM
Awsome review. Seems like a good game, though i dont have a 360.
By Lukario on 11-11-2008, 01:01 AM
Def. getting this game.
By Desert Punk on 11-11-2008, 01:05 AM
Awesome I can't wait to get this game. GEARS OF WAR IS AWESOME!!!!
By marvman3 on 11-11-2008, 01:56 AM
Cool

So Marvman gathers you finally have this game Cloud?

What you've been looking forward to all freak A year???

This game rocks....

Rockn.
By Tencade Kazarian on 11-11-2008, 06:18 PM
WOW Nice Cloud very Nice.. Sound good
By ruffer on 11-11-2008, 11:26 PM
ill probably rent this game first im going to hope its better than the first
By Mario on 11-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Great review...I will have to pick this up for the PC since I don't have a Xbox 360.
By smashfan120 on 11-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Great review. I dont have a 360 but Like mario I should get for pc.
By Doopliss on 11-12-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm not a fan of the Gears series. I just don't like it.
Comment