Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Retro Consoles > Nintendo 64

Notices

Nintendo 64 Nintendo 64 section post here!

Old 11-11-2008, 09:11 PM   #1
Siberianhusky89
Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Siberianhusky89 We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

Mystical Ninja

(Skip this if you don't want a funny explanation and just want my opinion already)

Hold it... I know... What you guys... Are thinking...

"What the hell... Is the Super Nintendo master doing on THIS part of the site?"

Listen guys, just because I play Super Nintendo all 24/7, doesn't mean I don't give my other systems a chance, cause in my world, there's an 8th day in the week where I let my other systems a chance called Funday. Just kidding but I do play my other systems still, and I thought I'd bring the (as Gayspot says) Mario clone, cause this game is 100% like Mario since it's a 3-D Platform game and anything under that genre steals from Mario. (That was sarcasm, Gamespot calls this game that's NOTHING like Mario, a Mario clone.)

Why would I suddenly mention a game starting with this one? Because I've replayed this game more than once, and usually the game has to be really great if I want to play it again more than twice from beginning to end. Sorry, time to start my opinion

End of my explanation, start of my opinion

Mystical Ninja is a 3-D platformer, starring our hero, Goemon! He and his friend Ebisumaru see a spaceship attack Edo castle (Opening sequence). The storyline continues from there.

The Mystical Ninja series uses Japanese based humor as you might already know. The game is odd, at first, besides the fact that the characters look different from you, the characters seem similar in a way, I mean, Goemon hits with a pipe and Ebisumaru hits with a hammer. Anyhow, that changes pretty fast in the game because now you must switch characters mattering on whom is most convenient and has the most useful items for a particular part. Certain characters carry certain items that benifit in the game.

The game is also a long one, it's not something you can beat really fast, you can beat it in one day if you play it nonstop, however, it'll take you hours in order to do so and you'd have to memorize the game pretty well. The humor is sometimes pretty good, even from an American perspective, but it's mostly suppose to be silly. Anyhow, the gameplay is pretty fun too, you go around, hit thing, solve puzzles, figure things out, and the coolest thing is you're get to travel a whole country.

I know what you're thinking... I don't want to run back and forth for a long time! But they actually solve this problem really early in the game. The game spends time in both the world and "dungeons" or whatever you wanna call em. There are fun secrets in the game and it can be a bit challenging sometimes. Anyhow, the game has a unique and funny.

The music is actually pretty impressive. The game has it's own opening theme song with someone singing. There are nice Japanese Oriental songs, jazzy songs, Impact's very own theme song, the songs just fit in with their environment, they even has some silly songs here and there. Anyhow, I recommend this game.

Forgot to mention, you can shop in this game and go to markets, and also talk to random people.
Siberianhusky89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2008, 01:32 PM   #2
Mimi
Lalalaa
Points: 8,729, Level: 62 Points: 8,729, Level: 62 Points: 8,729, Level: 62
User owns 1x Daisy Flower

My Mood: Relaxed
Mimi is a jewel in the roughMimi is a jewel in the roughMimi is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
Royalty Signature of the Month Princess Award NFF 1st Annual Award Poster Member of the Month Signature of the Month 
Total Awards: 7

Send a message via MSN to Mimi
LOVEE That GamE!! But it Always Restarts.. =.=
Old 12-24-2008, 01:39 AM   #3
Siberianhusky89
Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Siberianhusky89 We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

Finally! A post! XD I wish more people knew about this game, I really do think it's one of N64's most underrated. It had some great theme songs too "NOOOOWEN TAIIIOOO SAIRI TU KAPAI!"
Siberianhusky89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:33 AM   #4
~Krystal~
Spiked Punch
Points: 2,377, Level: 29 Points: 2,377, Level: 29 Points: 2,377, Level: 29
User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Inspired
~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Princess Award 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via AIM to ~Krystal~ Send a message via MSN to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Krystal~
Mystical N was my most coveted game in my Nintendo 64 library. I remember having played it for the first time. One thing was made clear to me, I liked this game waaay better than Mario 64. The characters, music, and approach to 3D platforming were a breath of fresh air.

Unfortunately, not many people in the states appreciated this gem. This meant I was the only kid in my elemantary school who knew "Goemon" was a character and not a Jamaican phrase that meant telling someone to go away. -_-

My favorite character was Ebisumaru, the unusually obese ninja. He remained my favorite in Goemon's Great Adventure as well. My lil bro and I would co-op that game non-stop. Good times.
The human world is but a fragile bubble in an infinitely vast and indifferent universe, isolated by great gulfs of both time and space. Though we consider ourselves masters of all creation, as a species our limited perceptions allow us to see only a fraction of the full range of reality.

~Krystal~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:15 AM   #5
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
I Love Mystical Ninja! When I was 4, I stayed up all night beating it! I beat it :P
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Princess Elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #6
Skullz
Points: 8,587, Level: 62 Points: 8,587, Level: 62 Points: 8,587, Level: 62
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet

Skullz has a spectacular aura aboutSkullz has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

I never even knew there was an N64 version. Seems interesting though.
Skullz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:48 PM   #7
T2KFreeker
Points: 270, Level: 5 Points: 270, Level: 5 Points: 270, Level: 5

T2KFreeker is an unknown quantity at this point

Xbox Live Gamertag: T2KFreeker
Easily one of the most underated games on the system. The sequel was pretty good too. I love both games. The good thing about it though is that nowadays it can be found on the cheap for people that didn't experience it the first go around, and it's worth every penny spent too.
T2KFreeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:09 AM   #8
SeanMi
Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

SeanMi has a spectacular aura aboutSeanMi has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: SeanMi-ghty
Sweet, i found this thread!
Mystic Ninja is an awesome game. One of my faves on N64. I haven't played it in awhile....so when i was younger i would kinda be wondering what the hell were they talking about lol.
The big robot fighting parts where always a pain for me.

I remembered playing co-op in Goemon too! not nearly as good as MN though.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:23 AM   #9
Riodoku79
Ell Oh Ell
Points: 471, Level: 9 Points: 471, Level: 9 Points: 471, Level: 9
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Samus Morphball

Riodoku79 is an unknown quantity at this point

I kind of thought this franchise died back during the Super NES. I guess not. How well does it make the jump from 2-D to 3-D?

V Haha this post sucks V
Riodoku79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:02 AM   #10
Kyusen
o-(-_-Q)
Points: 495, Level: 9 Points: 495, Level: 9 Points: 495, Level: 9
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather

My Mood: Nerdy
Kyusen is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh! Goemon... I could never gat past the robot stage as a kid.
Kyusen is offline   Reply With Quote