Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > Debate Forum

Notices

Debate Forum This is the Debate forum engage in serious debates here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 08:59 AM   #1
wakeboardhero
Wild Thing
Points: 1,421, Level: 21 Points: 1,421, Level: 21 Points: 1,421, Level: 21
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Bob-omb

My Mood: Daring
wakeboardhero will become famous soon enoughwakeboardhero will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 2

PSN ID: crazydude45 Xbox Live Gamertag: Wakeboardhero13
Abortion

what are your views on the subject?
i personally thin it is COMPLETELy wrong no matter what.

Thanks screamokid for the awesome sig!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2008, 11:17 AM   #2
Ender
Don't mess wif him
Points: 3,031, Level: 33 Points: 3,031, Level: 33 Points: 3,031, Level: 33
User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Tanooki Suit

My Mood: Nerdy
Ender is a jewel in the roughEnder is a jewel in the roughEnder is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF 1st Annual Award NFF Debater 

Xbox Live Gamertag: batmanbirdboy
Here, I'll respond first...

Firstly, I want to say that I'm NOT "pro-abortion".
If there is a way to avoid abortion or make it unnecessary, then awesome. More power.
But the sad fact is that abortion IS necessary...and here's why.
We currently live in a country where there is almost no comprehensive sex education for kids and teens (in fact, most schools teach abstinence only sex ed., if any at all) and teens don't know about/aren't made available proper birth control. The prices for birth control right now are completely unreasonable, and you can't get it in many places, especially without parental consent. Which is dumb when you think about it, because what kid is comfortable asking their parents for birth control?

So the dilemma of abortion comes down to this - Which is more important; keeping teens from having unwanted children in the first place, or forcing people to keep those unwanted pregnancies, so that when THOSE kids grow up, they are also at an educational and economic disadvantage, and they make the same mistakes their parents did?
Why should we force teens, or for the matter, the crack head down the street who's having her eighth crack baby, and it's just going to go into foster care, and probably be abused, and then grow up and perpetuate the cycle, why should they have that child? It is a drain on the system, and can be easily avoided by teaching people about contraceptive use, making contraceptives widely available (condoms, the pill, IUD's, implants, etc.) and helping to develop the male birth control pill, so the burden doesn't fall solely on the woman. THEN we'll see a drop in abortions...
Old 11-17-2008, 06:18 PM   #3
SeanMi
Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

SeanMi has a spectacular aura aboutSeanMi has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: SeanMi-ghty
I believe abortion is Wrong...but Not in every case. If a women is raped or pregnant by incest, i just think its really messed up for that person to have to go through that. If they wanted to keep the baby, thats great.

If a women cant keep her legs closed and lays for any man without protection, then she does not have the right to an abortion.

About birth control, parents should know if there child is takeing it. They should have the right to know. Supplying that to a child is just plain wrong without the parents knowledge.
Schools do teach about protection (mine did), but if you teach them absedence or to use protection, they'll do what they want.
Everyone knows the risks of a STD or of getting pregnet, if they don't there dumb and thats there problem. They don't need a teacher to teach them that.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #4
Dr. Jekyll
A STRANGE CASE OF...
Points: 4,260, Level: 41 Points: 4,260, Level: 41 Points: 4,260, Level: 41
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Cynical
Dr. Jekyll is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

As you guys have already said, I think it's okay as long as it is something that makes sense. You know, rape and other such things. I definitely don't think young women should have such a large responsibility put on their hands. But, if you're just going around having sex left and right then you should at least have the child and get as much support as possible.

Also, I believe if the baby is really just starting to resemble a human somewhat, then I'd say it isn't terrible. Basically the baby is just a large mass of cells or something, it can't develop thoughts yet.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:35 PM   #5
wakeboardhero
Wild Thing
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Bob-omb

wakeboardhero will become famous soon enoughwakeboardhero will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMi View Post
I believe abortion is Wrong...but Not in every case. If a women is raped or pregnant by incest, i just think its really messed up for that person to have to go through that. If they wanted to keep the baby, thats great.

If a women cant keep her legs closed and lays for any man without protection, then she does not have the right to an abortion.

About birth control, parents should know if there child is takeing it. They should have the right to know. Supplying that to a child is just plain wrong without the parents knowledge.
Schools do teach about protection (mine did), but if you teach them absedence or to use protection, they'll do what they want.
Everyone knows the risks of a STD or of getting pregnet, if they don't there dumb and thats there problem. They don't need a teacher to teach them that.
yes but abortion is murder.....even if a woman gets raped its still a human being. and if you get an abortion that human being doesnt get to experiance life. he/she doesnt even get to see the world. i just dont agree with it at all period.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:24 PM   #6
Dr. Jekyll
A STRANGE CASE OF...

Awards Showcase
Royalty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardhero View Post
yes but abortion is murder.....even if a woman gets raped its still a human being. and if you get an abortion that human being doesnt get to experiance life. he/she doesnt even get to see the world. i just dont agree with it at all period.
How does it count as murdering if you're taking away what is essentially not an intelligent, independent human being.

Dunno if this is the earliest stage, but still.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:53 PM   #7
wakeboardhero
Wild Thing

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
How does it count as murdering if you're taking away what is essentially not an intelligent, independent human being.

Dunno if this is the earliest stage, but still.
because they never got a chance to live life? people with mental issues are sometimes ''not intellegant'' so thats not murder? i think that sounds kinda like Hitler?

Old 11-17-2008, 10:27 PM   #8
Kansaibou
The LEgEndarY HeRo
Points: 2,722, Level: 31 Points: 2,722, Level: 31 Points: 2,722, Level: 31

My Mood: Cool
Kansaibou is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF 1st Annual Award NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via AIM to Kansaibou Send a message via Skype™ to Kansaibou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Here, I'll respond first...

Firstly, I want to say that I'm NOT "pro-abortion".

ah yes.. a VERY VERY important point....

.. those who are pro-life tend to assume that pro-choice people are pro-abortion... but theres a VERY big difference between the two...

..... nobody wants abortion.. its sad.. its regret-able... what pro-choice people want, though, is exactly what it sounds like; pro-choice.. the ability to choose upon these sorts of matters...

anyways..
... im pro-choice..
.. ive always stood behind the idea that a fetus is still a part of the womens body.. still, in every technical way, a part of the women until the day of birth..
of course... like most people, i believe that this should only be limited to rape/incest victims, or those who are under-age..
why bring a child into this world that will only suffer?... it seems.. pointless... pity must be taken.. then punishment dealt to the mother and or father..
Old 11-17-2008, 10:30 PM   #9
Dr. Jekyll
A STRANGE CASE OF...

Awards Showcase
Royalty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardhero View Post
because they never got a chance to live life? people with mental issues are sometimes ''not intellegant'' so thats not murder? i think that sounds kinda like Hitler?
Whoa, lets not go there! I'm not trying to act like Hitler, I'm just saying that the baby isn't developed enough to really be considered a human being with full rights. Now I'm not saying that it's not a human being, I'm just saying that at that early of a stage, the mother should have a choice for whether or not she's gonna keep it.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:10 PM   #10
Ender
Don't mess wif him
Points: 3,031, Level: 33 Points: 3,031, Level: 33 Points: 3,031, Level: 33
User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Tanooki Suit

My Mood: Nerdy
Ender is a jewel in the roughEnder is a jewel in the roughEnder is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF 1st Annual Award NFF Debater 

Xbox Live Gamertag: batmanbirdboy
Ok, obviously what this argument comes down to is if you believe a fetus has the rights of a human being. What I believe is, firstly, the mother's life takes 100% precedence over the rights of the fetus, since she is already an established human being.
The fetus has the potential to be a human being, and that's where the line gets blurred for some people. Do I believe that masturbation should be outlawed because of semen's potential to become a baby? Absolutely not. Do I believe that a zygote, a collection of a couple cells right after conception has the right to life because it has potential. Absolutely not.
Do I think partial birth abortion is right? No, I don't, but there is no reason it should get to that stage if abortion was more accessible. Did you know that in some states there are only one or two doctors authorized or willing to do abortions in the whole state? Even then, they usually have a limit (sometimes only twelve a year!)

I think that we can reduce the number of unnecessary abortions GREATLY by introducing sex education at an earlier age, and having BETTER MOTHER AND CHILD CARE!!!! This is a must. We rank so low in postpartum benefits and healthcare internationally it's ridiculous...

So there you go.

And to SeanMi, who lays the blame on a woman who "can't keep her legs closed", f*** you. Why can't men show some responsibility? A woman is the one who has to deal with this burden, not men, so they shouldn't have a say, especially when it comes to abortion legislature. Not all women (or men) are properly educated, so we need more comprehensive sex education, but misogynistic bullsh**.
Closed Thread