Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Creative Corner > Profiles and Blogs

Notices

Profiles and Blogs Blogs and Profiles written by our members, telling about themselves.

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 12:03 AM   #1
~Krystal~
Spiked Punch
Points: 2,388, Level: 29 Points: 2,388, Level: 29 Points: 2,388, Level: 29
User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Inspired
~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Princess Award 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via AIM to ~Krystal~ Send a message via MSN to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Krystal~
~Krystal~ Unbound

Credit goes to CannotGrasp for the sexy artwork on OP and entries. <3

Name: Veronica
Sex: Female
Race: 1/4 African, 1/4 Irish, and 1/2 Mexican
Height 6'1
Weight: 159 Ibs
Date of Birth: April 17, 1987
Mental Disorder: ADHD
Nicknames: ~'s, Krys, Verro, V, Queen ~Krystal~, Honey
Education: Associate of Business Administration
Major: Business Management
Athletic Background: Soccer (Elementary 1st-3rd), Volleyball (High School 9th-12th), Paintballing (Age 19-Present)
Extracurricular Activities: Chess Club (High School 10th-12th), Speech and Debate Team (College 1st year-2nd year)
Gaming Experience: 4 years old and onward dating back from tail end of NES era. Has played and beaten countless Genesis, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advanced, Snes, 64, GC, PSX, PS2, PC, and Wii titles.
Gaming Ability: Can focus and play for long periods of time without diminishing results, extremely quick reflexes, very fast hands, excellent problem solving ability, good critical thinking skills, and notable ingenuity.
Favorite Game: DotA (Defense of the ancients), a game on PC which is played online.

Thats me in a nutshell. Who am I really? Well, IRL I'm a calm and collected person of few words. My facial features often bring about the notion that I'm a cheery person, in which most cases I am. It just initially seems that way to strangers because I always look like I'm smiling. Many times I'm in thought, my mind being directed towards things like designing a new type of fighter jet, God, the universe in general, putting together a dark themed Yu-gi-oh deck I've recently started on, devising new techniques and tricks for my favorite game I play, and thinking about my next move in chess which I play almost as much as DotA. Lulz no longer interests me and I prefer to discuss relevant matters. I've a great deal of knowledge in flaming and in the ways trolls operate as a result of the time I've spent on competitive flaming sites lurking and studying people, learning the different types of posters from attention seekers to the ones with ego problems and so on. I had concluded long ago that the human limits for withstanding trolling/flaming would seldom be reached on ordinary forums which regulate and discourage negative activity of the sort. Obviously, a no holds barred message board that not only allowed flaming and trolling, but encouraged it was ideal for my research. Thats how I came to the decision that flaming sites provided the environment necessary to push people's buttons and sometimes push them over the edge IRL.

My studies mostly focused on finding out what makes certain types of posters tick and how they respond to general forum situations. I spent about 1 year doing that and lost interest in my studies to pursue a galaxy of other projects, most of which involved DotA. One of the more notable projects was taking on a young child who had never before played Smash and serving as his Smash master. After I had seen the success of a similar system created by Asian Starcraft players where "Gosu" (elite/professional) players would take on an apprentice and have them develop their game directly under the Gosu player's guidance, I decided to apply it to Smash on a casual level. The experiment yielded good things. Children absorb and retain knowledge better than adults do on average and my pupil and friend Roberto (10 years of age at the start of training) quickly blossomed into a very aware and competent smash player. Seeing this, I took the concept to DotA and acquired a pair of young players. Both of them far surpassed my expectations after 2-3 months of instruction, field exercises, and in-game training. Those two are now Chieftans (highest rank attainable) of the DotA clans they represent on Bnet. I also experimented heavily in Pokemon Red and Blue, but I'd rather not disclose the nature or results of those projects. Lets just say they involved a lot of nightmares and late nights.

Now where would I be without my friends who have helped me oh so much? Outside probably. I kid. Heres a list of 9 very valuable people who hold a special place in my e-heart:

~Krystal~'s Persons of Lordly Caliber

1. SonicTHP - A wonderful friend and a great mod. One of the few NH staff members I respect. Hes an intelligent and rational person who shares many of the same interests I do. My go to guy for anime recommendations. We often have lengthy debates that end up with neither side making an overwhelming case against the other. Sonic's ability to think logically surpasses my own and I look up to him because he doesn't seem to get ruffled by the jerks of the world whereas I do.

2. Kioki-Chan - There isn't much this woman won't do to ensure I'm doing well. Kioki is another fellow anime enthusiast who has an interest in mugen. Having played one of her mugen games, I can say with confidence that she knows what's up. One of my most trusted friends, Kioki has never been afraid to share her open and honest opinions on everything weve spoken about. I love her for her honesty, but her desire for fairness and accountability on NH is just icing on the cake. Along with Dimentio, she was one of my favorite VIBs who convinced me through her pure intentions that there was hope for the then faltering usergroup. The VIBs are no more, but rest assured, Kioki was one of the reasons the usergroup didn't completely fail.

3. CannotGrasp - One of my bestest friends in the whole universe. We've been through so much **** together and she is still the funniest and coolest person I have ever met. She even got me into Persona. =]

4. Chrono - The guy who introduced me to Skype. I'm thankful for having met Chrono. He and I were very close to being enemies and were it not for a certain incident that sparked a series of discussions between us, I don't think we would have ever became friends. He's laid back, fun, and very interesting. Very mysterious as well if you've read one of his poems.

5. RoySSBM - He's my #1 guy. Another Rag friend. We liek to play connect 4 with each other. Just recently, we managed to draw against one another. Epic lulz. Roy was a mentor of sorts to me during my time in Ragnarok. He would give me the scoop on how things worked and what to expect in the xat. Roy never once lost faith in me and he always believed I could be a great leader. Thnx Roy.

6. Noir - He hates everyone! Or does he? Long time Ragnarok friend who isn't afraid to speak his mind. Great artist and cool person. I first met him during the Brawl Central era in Ashley's Devils.

7. Rin - Another great friend. He's wicked smart and funny. There's an interest we both seem to share....but since this is a Nintendo forum, I won't go there. =oP
Rin is yet another person I met on NH. At first I was scared to approach him because he seemed like a serious guy who didn't play around (he's anything but ^_^). We hung out on the Ragnarok xat a lot and had a great time talking about everything under the sun. I'm glad Rin decided to come on board with us. <3

8. |Iron Wario| - Where to begin? I believe our first encounter was a fight. We had a million more fights after that. How we're friends again is a testament to just how badly I suck at holding grudges. I tried with him, I really did. In the end though, it made no real sense for us NOT to be friends given the fact we get along with each other more often than not. I met Wario on NH too and like most people on this list, he's a person I talk to a lot.

9. Lost Leader - Yet another friend I picked up on NH. Really laid back and level headed person. We share a certain common interest, but again, this is a Nintendo site and I cannot say.
The human world is but a fragile bubble in an infinitely vast and indifferent universe, isolated by great gulfs of both time and space. Though we consider ourselves masters of all creation, as a species our limited perceptions allow us to see only a fraction of the full range of reality.

Last edited by ~Krystal~; 10-30-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2008, 12:07 AM   #2
CannotGrasp
It's you...
Points: 943, Level: 16 Points: 943, Level: 16 Points: 943, Level: 16
User owns 1x Rod Of Seasons

CannotGrasp is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to CannotGrasp Send a message via Skype™ to CannotGrasp
DANNNNG. Talk about detailed :]
Nice one, Krystal <3
자꾸 자꾸 ...시간이 흘러도

Old 11-19-2008, 12:10 AM   #3
~Krystal~
Spiked Punch
User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to ~Krystal~ Send a message via MSN to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Krystal~
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannotGrasp View Post
DANNNNG. Talk about detailed :]
Nice one, Krystal <3
Hey it's CG. (Inside joke)
Thanks Nicole. I have so much more to share, but I didn't want to create too many wall o' texts.
The human world is but a fragile bubble in an infinitely vast and indifferent universe, isolated by great gulfs of both time and space. Though we consider ourselves masters of all creation, as a species our limited perceptions allow us to see only a fraction of the full range of reality.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:09 AM   #4
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,473, Level: 73 Points: 12,473, Level: 73 Points: 12,473, Level: 73

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
You're...taller than me! 6'1" is pretty impressive. Pretty detailed stuff, in my opinion.

Lukario
Old 11-19-2008, 06:27 AM   #5
Mike16r
Hidden
Points: 618, Level: 12 Points: 618, Level: 12 Points: 618, Level: 12
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Golden Mushroom User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel

My Mood: Spaced
Mike16r We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

That's quite a lot about yourself.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:30 AM   #6
Keyman4
The Mega Master
Points: 5,818, Level: 49 Points: 5,818, Level: 49 Points: 5,818, Level: 49
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Sapphire User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x SNES Controller
User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Cane of Pacci User owns 1x Master Sword

My Mood: Buzzed
Keyman4 will become famous soon enough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Poster Royalty NFF Referrer 

Send a message via Yahoo to Keyman4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukario View Post
You're...taller than me! 6'1" is pretty impressive. Pretty detailed stuff, in my opinion.

Lukario
Taller than me too!

SSFIV Mains: Chun Li/ Blanka

[Click here to see the demon in Keyman's dog]
Old 11-19-2008, 12:12 PM   #7
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

You made an Ogre Battle 64 reference! That's my second-favorite game of all time! You must be awesome. And you're slightly taller than me; how dare you?

Old 11-19-2008, 04:39 PM   #8
~Krystal~
Spiked Punch

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Lukario
Thanks for the input. It is a little detailed, but it's what I was aiming for. I didn't want to create a vague blog where it would be just one paragraph then out. Wheres the fun in that? ^_^

Quote:
That's quite a lot about yourself.
Not in comparison to what I haven't told you. =o)

Quote:
You made an Ogre Battle 64 reference! That's my second-favorite game of all time! You must be awesome. And you're slightly taller than me; how dare you?
It's one of my favorite Nintendo 64 games too. It's just a shame it came out just as the 64 was entering its grave. Dragoons, Princesses, and Paladins! Oh my!

My favorite classes are the Lich, Princess, and Seraphim (don't you just love how a unit so pure is acquired through unholy means? Human sacrifice!). Favorite hero is Biske La Varet. Hes cool as Hell.

As for my height, blame my parents! =oP

Old 11-19-2008, 04:47 PM   #9
Kansaibou
The LEgEndarY HeRo
Points: 2,722, Level: 31 Points: 2,722, Level: 31 Points: 2,722, Level: 31

My Mood: Cool
Kansaibou is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF 1st Annual Award NFF Debater 

Send a message via AIM to Kansaibou Send a message via Skype™ to Kansaibou
.. huh.. i learned quite a lot from that.. 0_o...

... for example, i was NOT aware of your race... not to mention your deepness of intelligence...
(wow.. TwT.. 2 smart, rational, respectable people in one day... its like.. heaven!)

*ahem*..

XD.. and yeah.. that calmness of yours is oh-so-charming.. yet oddly obvious, despite being over the intranetz..

.. perhaps we could have some sort of debate and/or discussion someday, mah friend?..
Old 11-20-2008, 02:43 AM   #10
~Krystal~
Spiked Punch

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansaibou View Post
.. huh.. i learned quite a lot from that.. 0_o...

... for example, i was NOT aware of your race... not to mention your deepness of intelligence...
(wow.. TwT.. 2 smart, rational, respectable people in one day... its like.. heaven!)

*ahem*..

XD.. and yeah.. that calmness of yours is oh-so-charming.. yet oddly obvious, despite being over the intranetz..

.. perhaps we could have some sort of debate and/or discussion someday, mah friend?..
Sure we could Kan. You know where to find me.

Closed Thread