Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Retro Consoles > Super Nintendo

Notices

Super Nintendo Super Nintendo section post here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
Siberianhusky89
Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Siberianhusky89 We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

Super Mario World

Yeah, another obvious choice. Of course we all know about Super Mario World. The introduction to Mario's now popular video game character, Yoshi. Eh, I don't really like recommending games that are in plain sight of people's eyes, however, the reason I will do so is for the people who probably missed out on the SNES generation and so on, plus I wish to make mention to as many SNES Games as possible because that way there will always be a mention for certain SNES games when someone needs it.

Super Mario World is a video game that's obviously popular because

1. It's Nintendo's mascot, Mario. (Duh XD).
2. It was Yoshi's first appearance in a Mario game.
3. It was a great game.

So, what's the game about? It should be pretty obvious, Bowser kidnapped Princess Toadstool/Peach whatever her face is. Mario goes to save the princess and discovers that these talking dinasours have been trapped and stuff. SO, you must go and defeat all of Bowser's little kids and saving Yoshi eggs. Anyhow, the game (Like the other Mario games) has different transformations and secret paths. The Yoshi's can also obtain different abilities (only for a limited time) by sucking in different colored shells. Example: If a Yoshi has a Purple Shell in it's mouth, it has wings and can fly now. This is not always the case though, why? Because different colored Yoshi's (Which don't appear in the game as frequently as the green one) can suck in any shell and already have the same affects as it's shell counterpart, plus the power of the shell it's sucked in, however, the it's colored counterpart doesn't become useless, why? Let us say that a Blue Yoshi sucks in a blue shell? Sounds useless doesn't it, I mean he can already fly with a different shell. Wrong! Not useless, now instead of continuing to tap A, you can just hold it in order for him to fly and he does it faster.

Anyhow, the game is pretty long if you're aiming for everything, there's even a secret path to getting to bowser in one day which would allow you to technically beat the game in less than 1 hour mattering on how fast you go through it. Anyhow, here are some of the abilities you can get in the game. Mario's famous fireball power, it always comes in handy eh?

Fireball Mario: Mario can shoot fireballs out.
Cape Mario: Mario can fly with his cape sorta. He kinda glides into the air with his arms straight out in airplane motion and he goes through the sky, and if you time it right, you can remain in the air for a long time, you can also come crashing down into the floor at a heavy and fast pace.

Mario has other things handy to him as well, but these are the two main abilities he gets. Like a Mario game, it has interesting levels to keep the player interested. Anyhow, if you haven't given the game a try, give it one because it's one of those games you'd probably replay not to beat, but just because it's fun. Oh yeah, one more mention, the game is 2 players and the 2nd player (Luigi) can take lives (Vise-versa as well).

... Wait... What the Hell?!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2008, 09:01 PM   #2
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,473, Level: 73 Points: 12,473, Level: 73 Points: 12,473, Level: 73

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
I absolutely LOVED this game. It was one of my first SNES games, and I spent many an hour playing it.

Lukario
Old 11-27-2008, 12:09 AM   #3
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

This was the first game I've ever owned.

Old 12-21-2008, 02:15 PM   #4
~Krystal~
Spiked Punch
Points: 2,388, Level: 29 Points: 2,388, Level: 29 Points: 2,388, Level: 29
User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Inspired
~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Princess Award 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via AIM to ~Krystal~ Send a message via MSN to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Krystal~
Awesome launch game. I thought this platformer was well done in all aspects. Ghost Houses were my favorite parts of Super Mario World. ^_^
The human world is but a fragile bubble in an infinitely vast and indifferent universe, isolated by great gulfs of both time and space. Though we consider ourselves masters of all creation, as a species our limited perceptions allow us to see only a fraction of the full range of reality.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:19 PM   #5
ROBQ
drat, foiled AGAIN
Points: 147, Level: 2 Points: 147, Level: 2 Points: 147, Level: 2

ROBQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Xbox Live Gamertag: The cake
Star Man game=win

this game is great, i love it. also, wut's the video? i can't see it(probably cuzz utube is blocked for me)
Old 12-24-2008, 04:11 AM   #6
mcNUGGet
Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1

mcNUGGet is an unknown quantity at this point

top 5 best games of all time. no doubt
Old 12-24-2008, 02:35 PM   #7
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 60,121, Level: 100 Points: 60,121, Level: 100 Points: 60,121, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
I LOVE this game it was my first ever Nintendo game. When I was little my cousins would come over and we'd play Link to the Past and Super Mario World all night. We would play and pass the remote when one of us died. If one of us died we would burst out laughing it was priceless fun!
Old 12-27-2008, 03:15 PM   #8
Mike16r
Hidden
Points: 618, Level: 12 Points: 618, Level: 12 Points: 618, Level: 12
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Golden Mushroom User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel

My Mood: Spaced
Mike16r We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

This game was one of my favorite games, but then it got lost.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #9
RollinMar
Banned

RollinMar is an unknown quantity at this point

a true classic
Old 01-05-2009, 02:56 PM   #10
Skullz
Points: 8,587, Level: 62 Points: 8,587, Level: 62 Points: 8,587, Level: 62
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet

Skullz has a spectacular aura aboutSkullz has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Heh, I had some great childhood memories with this game. When I was little, I used to call Yoshi Dino (from the Flintstones XD, don't ask why)
Closed Thread