Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment

Notices

Media Entertainment Discuss Movies, Music, TV, Books, Comics and anything related to Media Entertainment.

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #1
Siberianhusky89
Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Siberianhusky89 We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

The Theremin

Well, as you guys may already know, I suggest Video Games (Mainly SNES games) on this site, but I've also decided to not really suggest, but, to show some very interesting instruments that people normally wouldn't hear about. I will be posting pictures of these miraculous instruments along with videos if possible. The first I will be posting is one of my personal favorites.

The Theremin is a very unique instrument (Just like every other instrument I'm about to post). First off, the mention of what the Theremin is used for.

You know those old cheesy Sci-Fi movies with that music that played like ooOOOooooooOoo. This is the instrument they used to play that exact music that sounded like someone was making digital effects with their voice or something.

Here's how the instrument works. See that bar on the left? That controls volume by hand movement. The further away your hand is from that bar, the louder it gets. See the antenna on the right? It has a similar concept, only with pitch (Pitch refers to what note the musician is hitting). Anyhow, the instrument can use synthesizers as well. Anyhow, the instrument is very unique and it seems like fun to play... Wish I had one XD

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2008, 07:02 PM   #2
Chaos Black
Points: 318, Level: 6 Points: 318, Level: 6 Points: 318, Level: 6

Chaos Black is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberianhusky89 View Post
Well, as you guys may already know, I suggest Video Games (Mainly SNES games) on this site, but I've also decided to not really suggest, but, to show some very interesting instruments that people normally wouldn't hear about. I will be posting pictures of these miraculous instruments along with videos if possible. The first I will be posting is one of my personal favorites.

The Theremin is a very unique instrument (Just like every other instrument I'm about to post). First off, the mention of what the Theremin is used for.

You know those old cheesy Sci-Fi movies with that music that played like ooOOOooooooOoo. This is the instrument they used to play that exact music that sounded like someone was making digital effects with their voice or something.

Here's how the instrument works. See that bar on the left? That controls volume by hand movement. The further away your hand is from that bar, the louder it gets. See the antenna on the right? It has a similar concept, only with pitch (Pitch refers to what note the musician is hitting). Anyhow, the instrument can use synthesizers as well. Anyhow, the instrument is very unique and it seems like fun to play... Wish I had one XD

Yeah I remember seeing that video of the theremin on youtube a while back, I wonder if they sell them on ebay. =D

EDIT:

Yep they sure do, though this one looks a little different.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/B3-Theremin-SE...1%7C240%3A1308

Old 11-30-2008, 09:25 PM   #3
Siberianhusky89
Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Siberianhusky89 We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

Yeah, theremins aren't very common instruments, so that one might be customly made.
Closed Thread