Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Creative Corner > Profiles and Blogs

Notices

Profiles and Blogs Blogs and Profiles written by our members, telling about themselves.

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 08:26 PM   #1
Anubis
Lone Wolf
Points: 2,063, Level: 27 Points: 2,063, Level: 27 Points: 2,063, Level: 27
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Anubis is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via AIM to Anubis PSN ID: PSmonly Xbox Live Gamertag: monly0906
Mind over Body | The Story of Anubis

Mind over Body | The Story of Anubis

Hello all. My username here Anubis. My real name is Lester. I was born and live in Puerto Rico. Let me tell you my story...

I was born on May 28th, 1986. I was a premature baby, yet I weighted 8.5 lbs., and was normal size. I started to talk complete sentences at 6-7 months. My little brother was born on May 27th, 1987. When I was 2 years old, my brother was walking, but I wasn't. This worried my parents. So they took me to various doctors. One of them suspected I may have one of the types of Muscular Dystrophy. So they did a lab test in which they remove a tiny bit of muscle tissue (I still have the little scar in my arm, but it barely noticeable). They test proved positive and I was diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy - Type II (SMA). Because of this I am left in a wheelchair for the rest of my life and have low motor skills (hands tire out easily, I can't reflex fast; this is why I tell some people I may never go pro-level gameplay, as I am physically not able).

When I was 5-6 years old, I developed Scoliosis. My spine is at 90 degrees instead of 180 degrees, so my spine looks like > instead of |. Because of this, my spine compresses my lung, and I have 50% lung function and flues, etc. hit me very hard, to the point of needed hospitalization. I can suffocate easily.

I went to normal school one year earlier than usual, and I did always well, too well. On first grade, my parents where offered to make me jump to 3rd grade. They rejected it, because they though that having a handicapped child that was 3 years younger would bring mockery and poking from fellow classmates (a very sad thing, children are cruel).

So I went on normal school until 10th grade. (During those years, I became a gamer [my first video game was a Gameboy /w Tetris], and a partial artist, but my art phase faded away) I was unchallenged at school, I never studied and aced everything (i.e. I took the finals for 10th and 11th grade math in August and was in 12th grade Precalculus @ 14). I secretly saved my allowance and paid to take the College Admission Test, something the school didn't allow to 10th graders, but the school counselor backed me up. I got a 3125 score (with the average being in the 2800-2900). I got letters from all local colleges and some from the states (i.e. Penn State). But I was in the 10th grade.

In January of that year, I took the High School Validation test from the Department of Education, a test normally given to dropouts, but they made an exception. Results came in in February and I passed, so I went to school one last day and said good bye to my teachers and never looked back.

In March I started my college life, still at the age of 14. I took all summer classes, and made a Barchellor on Computer Science that takes 4 years, in 2 and half with a 4.00 GPA (As in School, I never studied for tests, it was all memory). I graduated and Suma Cum Laude and took my department's Excellence in Studies award. During that time, I took the LSAT (Law School Admittion Test). The Board didn't allow me for extra time because of my handicap. I didn't finish any part, what little I did answer was so correct, it was enough to pass.

At the age of 17 I started Law School. At last I was among thinkers, and I felt challenged. I finished Law School at 20, but graduated at 21 (my birthday being May 28th) with honors (Cum Laude). I took the Bar Exam and result came last December. I sworn as a Lawyer on last February became probably my jurisdiction's youngest lawyer (as Barchellor + Law School = 7+ years and people enter college at 18 or so). On April I had my first 3 cases and I won them. I've continued my Law cases and until now, won them all.

So there is my story. Thanks for reading.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2008, 08:31 PM   #2
Xavi
Star Gazer
Points: 830, Level: 15 Points: 830, Level: 15 Points: 830, Level: 15

Xavi is an unknown quantity at this point

Awards Showcase
NFF 1st Annual Award 

Send a message via AIM to Xavi Send a message via MSN to Xavi
sweet anubis! nice to see your blog here.

^^
Old 12-13-2008, 10:31 PM   #3
~Krystal~
Spiked Punch
Points: 2,371, Level: 29 Points: 2,371, Level: 29 Points: 2,371, Level: 29
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald
User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Inspired
~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Princess Award 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via AIM to ~Krystal~ Send a message via MSN to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Krystal~
It was an incredible story the last time I saw it. It still amazes me today. ^_^
The human world is but a fragile bubble in an infinitely vast and indifferent universe, isolated by great gulfs of both time and space. Though we consider ourselves masters of all creation, as a species our limited perceptions allow us to see only a fraction of the full range of reality.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:38 AM   #4
Wiidude
One Cool Dude
Points: 10,401, Level: 67 Points: 10,401, Level: 67 Points: 10,401, Level: 67
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel

My Mood: Cool
Wiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty 
Total Awards: 2

Amazing story. Wiidude is very impressed. You can do anything you put your mind too.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:23 AM   #5
Spirit
Points: 1,866, Level: 25 Points: 1,866, Level: 25 Points: 1,866, Level: 25
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather

My Mood: Angelic
Spirit is on a distinguished road

This is a inspirational story. The power of the mind is awesome when you make an effort to use it. Nice to see you at this site. You are an inspiration to all.

Beings of a lesser understanding or lower vibration will either be totally confused by their content or otherwise interpret them as negative information (dissonance) and will react as such. So disregard any comments that do not resonate as positive to you.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #6
Anubis
Lone Wolf
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Awards Showcase
NFF 1st Annual Award 

New Entry: I passed

Back in October I took a special test. This test was to certify me as a Notary Public (which requires for me to be a BAR admitted Lawyer here in P.R.). What is a Notary Public you ask?:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary.com
notary public

–noun, plural notaries public.a public officer or other person authorized to authenticate contracts, acknowledge deeds, take affidavits, protest bills of exchange, take depositions, etc.
Origin:
1490–1500

I am happy to inform I passed. Why am I so happy? Because this is me second time taking it. I took it in back March for the first time, and as a handicapped person, I filled the application for extra test time. But they gave me less time than I asked. I couldn't finish one of the essays and out of the 596 out of 1000 score needed to pass, I got 594. Yeah, I didn't pass for 2 freakin' points. I filled the application for extra test time again for this past October and yet again they gave me less time than I asked. And like the first, I didn't finish it, but at least I did enough to pass. So now I can get an extra income apart from Court cases.

-=Sigs by me=-

Old 12-15-2008, 01:44 PM   #7
Syrepotet
Viking Woman
Points: 940, Level: 16 Points: 940, Level: 16 Points: 940, Level: 16

Syrepotet is an unknown quantity at this point

Awards Showcase
Princess Award 

Wow, that's amazing. You must have a pretty big income for a 22 year old!

Old 12-15-2008, 02:53 PM   #8
Skreamo
The Anthrax Envelope
Points: 9,691, Level: 66 Points: 9,691, Level: 66 Points: 9,691, Level: 66
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Links Shield
User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Super Leaf User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Bullet Bill

My Mood: Spaced
Skreamo has a spectacular aura aboutSkreamo has a spectacular aura about

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Monster Poster NFF 1st Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via MSN to Skreamo Xbox Live Gamertag: AfterHatred
Wow man, this is probably the first story that, like, touched my heart... I'm glad to see that even handicap people can make something great of their lives. It annoys me that I see people (who look like they can get a job) asking for handouts on the street lol

Thanks you for mah Rhydon Tag, Mr.DLX<3
Old 12-15-2008, 04:42 PM   #9
~Krystal~
Spiked Punch
Points: 2,371, Level: 29 Points: 2,371, Level: 29 Points: 2,371, Level: 29
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald
User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Inspired
~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Princess Award 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via AIM to ~Krystal~ Send a message via MSN to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Krystal~
Congratulations. Did you have a celebration? ^_^
The human world is but a fragile bubble in an infinitely vast and indifferent universe, isolated by great gulfs of both time and space. Though we consider ourselves masters of all creation, as a species our limited perceptions allow us to see only a fraction of the full range of reality.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:36 PM   #10
Anubis
Lone Wolf
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Awards Showcase
NFF 1st Annual Award 

Yep. My parents gave me my Xmas present early as a reward: A new Blue/Black DS to replace my damaged one, an Official DS Flip case (of matching color, Blue/Black), an Official DS Carlighter charger (for those rare on the go battery emergencies) and 2 DS games of my choice (Picking up Mario Kart DS and Chrono Trigger during the week).

I just bought a Hori Screen protector plus online for it, so I'm not opening the DS until I get it (to put it in a clean out-of-the-box DS).

-=Sigs by me=-

Closed Thread