Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Classic Nintendo Reviews

Notices

Classic Nintendo Reviews Section for all Retro Nintendo Games for NES, SNES, Gamecube, Nintendo 64, Gameboy

Comment

Review Tools
Superman 64: Welcome to the Motherload of ****
Superman 64: Welcome to the Motherload of ****
Dont buy this game folks, read the review of a sucker who did!
Published by SegaSlayer33
12-15-2008
Author review
Graphics
40%40%40%
Storyline
10%10%10%
Controls/Gameplay
10%10%10%
Sound
25%25%25%
Average 21%
Angry Superman 64: Welcome to the Motherload of ****

Superman 64: The MotherLoad of

What can I say, the game that everyone loves to hate deserves its reputation. When I purchased this game in my youth, for the next 6 months I felt like sucker. This game is terrible. To cash in on some words of Bay Guardian wisdom, it serves no better purpose than to firmly establish the bottom of the barrel.

You are Superman (shock!) and the game rarely consists of anything unrelated to flying though rings, picking up cars and swearing at this game.

You first off fly though rings. The controls are horrible, sometimes you think it would be easier to ride a hippo and speed through the rings yourself. Although it is only the first level, It still takes me FOREVER to finish the first level. Then I have to save some cars. Finally, I think, time to play the god-damn game....

What, MORE RINGS?!?!?!

If you have a life so boring that you actually complete this game, then don't expect the trophy you well and truly deserve. Instead, you get a credits list the size of an Elephant. And, trust me, it's a BIG elephant.

Graphics: 4.0
The graphics are below average for a N64 game, and with a world this small, you could of brought out the fancy graphics. Especially when you look at Ocarina of Time and the crisp graphics. Then look at this. A real letdown.

Sound: 1.0
The sound is 1980's quality, and even then it wouldn't be my first pick. Also, Superman sounds NOTHING AT ALL LIKE SUPERMAN! The sound really lags in quality and it keeps on looping, which is really annoying. Like the rest of this game, the sound is a real disapointment, especially when you look at the movies. Why couldn't that of been brought over to the video games?

Storyline: 1.0
The storyline is pretty bad, to be honest. Lex Luthor has trapped Superman's friends Lois, Professor Hamilton, and Jimmy Olsen in a "virtual world," and you must rescue them. Also populating this realm are the villains Braniac, Darkseid, Bizarro, Metallo, several other bad folks from the animated series, and an endless array of shadowy drone characters.Sure, Mario 64's storyline is bad, but the game is good. This game is too for it to be even toilet papar for Mario 64.

Controls: 1.0
To show you how bad the controls are, imagine that to go forward you have to move a sofa to one corner of the room, to turn left push it to the left side of the room, to move right move it to the right, and so on, so forth. THIS IS NO JOKE! if I could, I would give it a -1.0 for controls, but it only goes to 1.0, so 1.0 it is.

Gameplay: 1.0
Rings and cars pretty much sum up this game. Nothing much else to say here.

Overall: 1.5
Unless you want to have nightmares about rings floating in mid-air, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. It will torture you for the rest of your life. It has been voted one of the worst games of all time, and for good reason. It set the new standard for low, and still does.

Things to improve on:
Superman 64, in my opinion, could of been a great game if there was more to do and the controls weren't so awkward. Possibly make a sandbox environment. If not possible with the N64, go to the PlayStation or hold out for the PS2. A sandbox environment with Superman, plus minigames including cars and rings, could make a decent game. Wrong console, wrong time, wrong everything.

For reading this thread!

PS: This is my first review, so if there are any suggestions, feel free to post them. Thank you
Published by
Finishing the Fight
SegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enoughSegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enough
Sponsored Links
By Wiidude on 12-15-2008, 08:47 AM
This game looks cheezy. Will stay far away from it.
By SirManguydude on 01-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Claps for him for actually being able to beat this game. True gamer of all things wrong with gaming. Now lets ask him if he has beaten ET and that cheesy Aerosmith game where you shot discs at guys.
By SeanMi on 01-01-2009, 07:58 PM
I rented the game a long time ago. I didnt remember if it was good or not. All i know is everyone hates it.

Nice review
Comment