Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Characters

Notices

Nintendo Characters Talk about any of your favorite Nintendo characters.

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,285, Level: 100 Points: 59,285, Level: 100 Points: 59,285, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Is James McCloud really dead?

Personally, I don't think James McCloud is dead. Nintendo only implies it most of the time. I think he's trapped somewhere waiting to be rescued. He's one cool dude with those sunglasses.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2008, 12:33 PM   #2
Xavi
Star Gazer
Points: 830, Level: 15 Points: 830, Level: 15 Points: 830, Level: 15

Xavi is an unknown quantity at this point

Awards Showcase
NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via AIM to Xavi Send a message via MSN to Xavi
definently.

a certain part in starfox command has you play as him, and he comes from out of nowhere to help fox....though fox thinks he's a mirage..(obviously since you control him,i doubt it.)

its even implied in the starfox comics that James may be in another dimension.
i wish they'd officially bring him back,he really does seems like a cool character.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:42 PM   #3
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,285, Level: 100 Points: 59,285, Level: 100 Points: 59,285, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
I had the same thoughts. James appears in that last Command mission right before the anglar Emperor shows up,and at first I thought he was a ghost but it then dawned on me he could very well be in Fox's head since they were so close and Fox just misses him. In fact, that's the perfect idea for the next StarFox game it opens with a distress signal from a mysterious pilot who turns out to be James and everyone but Fox is surprised. Like in Artemis Fowl when Artemis's dad was missing for too long a presumed dead but Artemis gets a call from the kidnappers in book 2.

At the very least I wish Nintendo would clear up what happened just so we're not in the dark for too much longer. They keep implying he's dead but don't really like to say for sure.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:43 PM   #4
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Who knows? The official word is that he's dead, but the more nagging question is this: if he keeps appearing to help Fox out, what is the reason he remains hidden, if he's still alive?

Old 12-24-2008, 12:51 PM   #5
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

Exactly Nintendo loves to leave fans hanging with certain questions in games and leave it for the fans to judge. They need to either make a game where he comes back already or a prequel to StarFox64 about him and perhaps it could end with what happened. I would love to see Fox's joy if they were to reunite. Maybe then Fox wouldn't be too serious and I think he's lonely without his dad.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:23 PM   #6
Xavi
Star Gazer

Awards Showcase
NFF 1st Annual Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy View Post
Exactly Nintendo loves to leave fans hanging with certain questions in games and leave it for the fans to judge. They need to either make a game where he comes back already or a prequel to StarFox64 about him and perhaps it could end with what happened. I would love to see Fox's joy if they were to reunite. Maybe then Fox wouldn't be too serious and I think he's lonely without his dad.
if nintendo didnt leave us hanging, we wouldnt be curious...and curioisity is fun.

speaking of prequels though...i hear the next SF game will be a prequel to Assault starting right after SF adventures.so we might get our answers then...IF its true.

i still think fox would retain his seriousness though,but develop more confidence if he found his father.although i LOVE the mystiq around James...it's what makes him so cool.

i hope they keep that around him when he decides to re-appear.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:29 PM   #7
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

Yeah, it's fun to be left with a question but not for a decade. Nintendo likes to leave fans hanging forever and like twenty games in the series later answer the question.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #8
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Yes, but if we weren't left hanging for a decade, would we wouldn't be having this conversation, and probably wouldn't be talking about Star Fox right now.

I say we have a prequel to Star Fox where you play as James and Peppy and Pigma are your wingmen, and I say this sequel opens up even more questions as to what really happened when Pigma betrayed the team and James met Andross.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:12 PM   #9
Alaska_Gamer
NOT an Eskimo
Points: 1,727, Level: 24 Points: 1,727, Level: 24 Points: 1,727, Level: 24

Alaska_Gamer is an unknown quantity at this point

PSN ID: Alaska_Gamer
I'm pretty sure he's dead. The only time he does appear is in Fox's mind, which has helped him out in sitituations before.

In Star Fox 64, James helped lead Fox out of Andross's lair as it was self destructing, but there's no way James could've survived for so long under Andross's captivity for so long without atleast being fed or treated fairly. Fox just followed his instincts to get his way out, or in this case, it was his father leading him out.

In Adventures, when you dropped one of the cheat tokens in to the underground maze well, one of the little riddles you received was actually a message that looked like it came from James, that he would always be watching him. This can pretty much imply that James is observing Fox from beyond the grave.

And in Assault, when the team encounters the aparoid queen, she starts using the voices of people they've encountered against them. One of them was James. Considering that it was said that the aparoids were incountered a decade and a half prior to the game's time, it's possible James had met contact with the aparoids there, hence the reason why Fox starts hearing his voice.

And of course in Command, there was a segment where you controlled James, but Fox dismissed it as an illusion.

It looks to be pretty much true that he's dead.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:21 PM   #10
Xavi
Star Gazer

Awards Showcase
NFF 1st Annual Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska_Gamer View Post
I'm pretty sure he's dead. The only time he does appear is in Fox's mind, which has helped him out in sitituations before.

In Star Fox 64, James helped lead Fox out of Andross's lair as it was self destructing, but there's no way James could've survived for so long under Andross's captivity for so long without atleast being fed or treated fairly. Fox just followed his instincts to get his way out, or in this case, it was his father leading him out.

In Adventures, when you dropped one of the cheat tokens in to the underground maze well, one of the little riddles you received was actually a message that looked like it came from James, that he would always be watching him. This can pretty much imply that James is observing Fox from beyond the grave.

And in Assault, when the team encounters the aparoid queen, she starts using the voices of people they've encountered against them. One of them was James. Considering that it was said that the aparoids were incountered a decade and a half prior to the game's time, it's possible James had met contact with the aparoids there, hence the reason why Fox starts hearing his voice.

And of course in Command, there was a segment where you controlled James, but Fox dismissed it as an illusion.

It looks to be pretty much true that he's dead.
all valid points,but then again..he could be doing this all from another dimension somehow.

heck ever since samus was revealed a woman,i assume nintendo can pull ANYTHING off...never leave out possibilities.