Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo Wii Reviews

Notices

Nintendo Wii Reviews Section for all Nintendo Wii Game Reviews and Wiiware Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
Rock Band 2
Rock Band 2
Published by SirManguydude
12-27-2008
Author review
Graphics
95%95%95%
Storyline
75%75%75%
Controls/Gameplay
100%100%100%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 93%
Rock Band 2

ROCK BAND 2!!!

Rock Band 2 is just as simple as it sounds, you have all your band equipment(Drums, Guitars, Mic) and you Rock out to Rock music. Simple as that.

Storyline: There is the Tour mode, which is how you unlock every song in the game that you don't get via Real life money(wii points). There are also several Challenges that pop up to challenge your skills and your high score is put against other people in the world, and their is the Battle of the Bands mode which is Pay to Play Wi-Fi, which you go head to head against another person's band across the world(currently just the US cause it hasn't come out elsewhere). Back to the tour mode though. You will get really irritated at some songs like Anyway you Want it by Journey, you play that song just about every set.

Graphics: They are pretty good, your people actually behave like they are in the band, with some coordinated moves(Singing into the same mic, Jumping when the song pumps up). The Crowd actually looks like a real crowd the occasional times you actually see the crowd. Unlike previous games the crowd isn't on a set loop, and they all don't jump at the same time(I wonder how big of a crowd you would need to jump at the same time in a region to knock the earth out of rotation).

Controls/Gameplay: Controls like the real thing for the drums and the mic, and the guitar works like any other fake guitar out there, press the button strum unless it is a hammer on or you are in a solo and you are using the higher fret during the solo.

Sound: Full MP3 sounds of your favorite songs, and if you screw up, the game makes a sound like you screwed up and it stops playing that part. The crowd claps and cheers depending on how well you do, along with booing if you suck.

Published by
LoZ Expert
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute
Sponsored Links
By Siberianhusky89 on 12-28-2008, 09:44 AM
I disagree with some of this stuff, example, the Mic isn't 100% accurate, second off, my brother whom is a drummer says "It's not really anything like playing real drums at all" and he's right cause I've tried playing his drums before and I really suck at it, and on Rockband 2, I do fine on that thing, so really, it's nothing like playing drums, just has a similar concept. Anyhow, another thing that pisses me off is that alot of the songs you start off with suck badly. As for the good songs, there are few that you already have or you have to buy em.
By SirManguydude on 12-28-2008, 11:26 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
95%95%95%
Storyline
75%75%75%
Controls/Gameplay
100%100%100%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 93%
I'm a drummer(Been drumming for 10 years), and the game is right on with the sound of the songs. Also the fact that I have spent a bunch of money on the drumset itself (order an actual titanium drum pedal(which isn't at an odd angle) that is identical to the one on my real set, and the cymbal expansion) doesn't help.
Comment