Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Other Reviews

Notices

Other Reviews Playstation, Xbox, PC, or any other console game Review. Also console reviews too

Comment

Review Tools
Halo 3 360 Review
Halo 3 360 Review
Time to end this!
Published by Cloud7
01-05-2009
Author review
Graphics
100%100%100%
Storyline
70%70%70%
Controls/Gameplay
80%80%80%
Sound
40%40%40%
Average 73%
Halo 3 360 Review

Allright I am fixing to start telling you what I think of Halo 3!

Allright so the story is simple Defeat the Aliens and the Flood stop Halo from destroying the universe and bring peace to the galaxy..........wait am I in the movie Star Wars........? NVM back on track here! Now this review could make people get ticked off by what I say next......! Which if I get flamed about this I will delete you mess! Halo 3 is not worth buying a Xbox 360 just to play through it!! And that is the utter truth! I am sick and tired of hearing that "OMG Halo 3 is the best game in the world and if you haven't played it then go out and buy a Xbox 360 and the game!!!!!!!!" And yes that was told to me about 15 times at the time of release! But here is a better truth than that!!!! What follows is my reply to this person's statement: "That is a lie Halo 3 is not the best game ever if you want a better game at near half the price then pick up a copy of Gears of War it has a better story and better Graphics!! Not to mention that you get Chainsaws in Gears of War!!!!" But anyway don't get me wrong Halo was fun until I beat it so quick it made my head spin, then it just ticked me off because you pay all that money for one of the shortest games I have played in my Life!! And my Last fact before I just to the review part of this!! And this is going to tick someone off by the next statement I make! I would not have bought Halo 3 for more than 15 bucks!!! That is why I bought it for 10 bucks just because it was better than the hockey game that was next to it!!!!

Allright the story is pretty much mentioned at the very top so here is the rating I give it a 7!! So I am going to continue in this paragraph with the Graphics part of the review! So the graphics of this game were good, but I think Gears of War's graphics are a mega-ton better than this games, but still they were alot better than the previous games in the series! The Landscapes are huge which is something that I like and the game's graphics engineworked pretty well for the game. Te graphics are good so I give that a 10!

Controls and gameplay!! The controls were pretty much the same as the previous games except for a few minor changes to them! Which that is good because having a different control system would have been terrible for the developers! but some of the new things are the Vehicles! Like the mongoose which was my favorite thing to ride on! So the controls were good so I give that an 8 because I found a few bugs and sticking in the game!!

And here my final part of the review the sound and music!! I am going to tell you now that what it is rated is just because the voice acting was done awesomely!! Now you will see why the rating for sound is low in this case! It was the music!!!!! The music in this game was horrible and repetitive!! If you like it then that is fine, but I hated it and not to mention there is a freaking soundtrack to the game.......ugh!!!! So the sound is 4!!!!!!!

Allright if this gets flamed then your posts of flame and spam will be erased! These are my opinion on the game and this game is not worth buying a Xbox 360 just to play it! If you want a reason to buy one make it a game worth playing through it again and again!! Gears of War was the reason I wanted a 360 and also CoD4!! The one thing I hate bgtw is over hyped games and this one was extremely overhyped!!!!! Now that is my opinion of the game with the review! I hope you enjoyed it and if not then don't flamethis thread or my profile!!!

~Cloud
Published by
Silent Lurker
Cloud7 will become famous soon enoughCloud7 will become famous soon enough
Sponsored Links
By Anubis on 01-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
90%90%90%
Storyline
100%100%100%
Controls/Gameplay
90%90%90%
Sound
95%95%95%
Average 94%
Sound a 4? Dude what are you thinking ... Halo has a phenomenal soundtrack. Everyone in the gaming industry thinks so.

And Gears is a TPS, Halo is a FPS. Two different genres. Halo is a Run & Shoot game while Gears is a cover shooter. You can't compare them.

I find your review heavily biased and unfounded on many parts (like controller bugs, I know of none of them). That doesn't mean it isn't an opinion (it is one), it means it can't be taken seriously.

P.S. You wanna talk about extremely overhyped games? Gears of War 2. Last boss was a joke, not a big leap over Gears of War 1, online matching takes a lot of wait time, and it stole Halo's matchmaking system but made it slower.

P.S.S. This isn't a flame, it is constructive criticism.
Last edited by Anubis; 01-05-2009 at 11:17 AM..
By Cloud7 on 01-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
100%100%100%
Storyline
70%70%70%
Controls/Gameplay
80%80%80%
Sound
40%40%40%
Average 73%
Thank you for your Contructive Critism! I found a few controller bugs minor but annoying when it happens! And I agree with you 257.9% the last boss in GoW 2 was a joke! I fought harder bosses than that in other games alot easier than Gears 1 or 2! But still The Gears of War games are great! But yeah I hated the soundtrack from the Halo games as well as other games! I hated the battle music from Gears too so I cut the music down!! But I am not big on the whole clasical type music! I'm not Biased I am just laying the hype to this game where it should be! Because games that were overhyped tend to be not as good as they are hyped up to be and that was the case with this game!

~Cloud
By Anubis on 01-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
90%90%90%
Storyline
100%100%100%
Controls/Gameplay
90%90%90%
Sound
95%95%95%
Average 94%
Star Man

Belive me, I hate shooters, but imo, Halo's hype-ness isn't unfounded. It is the #1 Xbox online game this year (MS said so in a press release not long ago). And I guess you can hate a genre of music, but you should abstract yourself of your personal feelings and do a critical view. Do they reflect the game's theme? Do they add to the ambience? Halo's tunes fit it's epic futuristic setting.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

~ Anubis, Ace Attorney
By SeanMi on 01-06-2009, 12:57 AM
I never liked halo. i owned the first two, and only played halo 3 online at a friends house.
Really boring playing single player by yourself.
Just because Cloud7 doesnt like the sound, but the 'gameing industry' does, doesn't mean hes wrong. I didn't think much of it.
By Mario on 01-06-2009, 05:03 PM
SirManguy stop bashing people's reviews.
Comment