Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo DS Reviews

Notices

Nintendo DS Reviews Section for all Nintendo DS and DSI Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass.
Published by SirManguydude
01-08-2009
Author review
GraphicsN/A
StorylineN/A
Controls/GameplayN/A
SoundN/A
Average N/A%

The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass

Graphics: 10/10

Out of all the DS games I have played, these may be the best. Of course best is Late end N64/early Gamecube. That is great for a handheld.

Story 9.5/10:
This game takes place several months after the events of Wind Waker. You awaken with Niko telling you a story about your past adventure, when you meet the GHOST SHIP. All the pirate crew except Tetra(Zelda), and she quickly jumps up onto the ghost ship. Something captures her, and Link tries to also jump onto the Ghost Ship, but plummets into the ocean. You once again awaken on a beach with a fairy named Ceila trying to wake you. The first thing you hear is "HEY, LOOK!" using Navi's voice, and I said "OH great!" From their you must go look for the Spirits of Wisdom, Courage, and Power, in order to stand a chance against the evil behind the ghost ship. Twists and turns along the way, so its your typical Zelda game.

Control/Gameplay 8.5/10:

This game is a gamer's dream, you really only need one hand to play. Everything you need to do can be accessed via the touch screen. You slash by making lines infront of Link, and do spin attack by drawing circles around him(Too many and he gets dizzy). Sadly these functions can be clunky at times, so luckily you can just tap your enemy to stab or do your jump attack. Also a cool feature is the ability to draw on your map. If their is something you need to remember just scribble it on your map.

Sound 9.5/10:

Talk about a Soundgasm, the music is BEAutiful. Its mostly the same as Wind Waker, but just the fact that it has great sound quality out of those tiny speakers is amazing. The diddies will easily get stuck in your head, and never get boring, cause you will be moving inbetween music often.
Sponsored Links
By Pandy bear on 01-14-2009, 06:00 AM
This is an incredibly to-the-point review...
I don't wanna sound mean, but you really gotta go in-depth when you make a review, especially to an awesome game like this.
Anyway, I have this game and I love it. I think I'll get some other Zelda games if they're available. (I'm new to the video game business.)
By SirManguydude on 01-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Not as good as my other reviews I agree, I was really tired when I typed it. I forgot to mention some of the best parts like how you can customize your ship, and the return of some of our favorite species (Gorons and Gerudos, and mention of the Zora). I also didn't mention the fault of the fact that the postman isn't a Ruto.
By op89x on 01-18-2009, 01:10 PM
I just wanted to thank you for not making your YouTube video play automatically like so many others do. Auto-play is so annoying. So thank you.
By Skullz on 02-25-2009, 05:40 PM
This game was great. It really showed is we didn't need buttons to play a game. It made great use of everything and I mean everything (touch screen, mic, and flipping the DS closed and opening it again) except the buttons. Very great and memorable game.
Comment