Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Retro Consoles > Game Boy (handheld)

Notices

Old 01-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
SegaSlayer33
Finishing the Fight
Points: 21,468, Level: 92 Points: 21,468, Level: 92 Points: 21,468, Level: 92
User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x SNES Controller

My Mood: Thinking
SegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enoughSegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: Get your own Xbox Live Gamertag: Get your own
Question Top 5 GameBoy series games

Hey people! Nintendo has always dominated the handheld games market. Some say this made up for it's loss of ground against the first two PlayStation models. Others say due to this lack of a reasonable competition the DS now has, it's games weren't as good as they could of been. Here are my top 5 games from the entire GameBoy library.

5: Tetris, GameBoy Original

A classic, Tetris really started the Nintendo powerhouse that has dominated the handheld market ever since. The fiasco that went into securing the rights to this game are a great read in itself, but this game is, in my opinion, the best puzzle game of all time.

4: Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Game Boy Advance

What a great game. It took the things that made us love Zelda on the Super Nintendo and made them portable. Some say that Zelda is the greatest franchise of all time. Some say that this is the best portale Zelda game of all time. Put two and two together.

3: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Game Boy Advance

Who has a SNES and loves Mario RPG to bits? Who has played this game? If you answered yes to bth you know this game is awesome because it captured everything that made the first one awesome. Superstar Saga has an awesome storyline, awesome eneimies, awesome puzzles, awesome everything. It's just plain AWESOME!

2: Super Mario Advanced 4: Super Mario Bros 3, Game Boy Advance

In my opinion, smb3 is the best game of all time. When you bring that to a new generation and a save feature to stop them moaning about how hard it is, deliver great graphics and effectively sold the e-reader, you know you have done well. This game will remind you what Mario is all about, and is the best thing for Mario since Super Mario 64.

1: Pokemon GSC, GameBoy Original/Colour

When I asked people why they bought a Game Boy Advance, most aswered with the same couple of words. "I want to play the new Pokemon game." Although Ruby and Saphirre are the worst Pokemon RPG games yet, the statement sums up how powerful Pokemon is. It is the best selling franchise on portable consoles, and GSC were the best of the lot. Extended storyline, Not too complex yet more detailed and interestong than the original, and it gave us that beast Blissey, the most overused and powerful Special Wall in the game, and the most used overall pokemon, too.

Think you have a good list of the top 5 games for the Game Boy series? Post and say why!

To see an index of my review, click here
Latest review: Ristar
SegaSlayer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 12:26 AM   #2
da Beef
Banned

da Beef will become famous soon enoughda Beef will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

these are great games, but i don't see Minish Cap over Link's Awakening or the Oracle games. in my eyes those games are not only the best portable Zeldas, but the best Zeldas ever created.

i totally agree with Pokemon GSC though. one of my top games of all time
da Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:28 AM   #3
FranCine!
Banned

FranCine! is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to FranCine! Send a message via Yahoo to FranCine!
I love those games they're great games!
The Minish Cap is the one of the best zelda games for me. And I love the G/S/C too.
MY favorites are:
1.Minish Cap
2.Pokemon GSC
3.Harvest Moon:Friends from mineral town, You would think that hoeing the fields, milking the cows, and other menial tasks would make for an unbelievably boring videogame experience, but Natsume's Harvest Moon series manages to suck gamers into its economic-focused gameplay.
4.Mario vs. Donkey kong, Way back in the black and white Game Boy days Nintendo updated its classic Donkey Kong arcade design with a contemporary design that fleshed out the barrel-jumping, hammer-whacking mechanics into a huge assortment of full-screen puzzle games.
5.Golden Sun, This game pushed amazing visuals, a dynamic soundtrack, and a complex story, and even though it focused on the archaic "random turn-based battles" mechanic for half of its gameplay, it was still a fulfilling console-style experience on such a small system.
Well that's mine^_^
FranCine! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:50 AM   #4
SegaSlayer33
Finishing the Fight
Points: 21,468, Level: 92 Points: 21,468, Level: 92 Points: 21,468, Level: 92
User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x SNES Controller

My Mood: Thinking
SegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enoughSegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: Get your own Xbox Live Gamertag: Get your own
I agree, absolutely love harvest moon.

To see an index of my review, click here
Latest review: Ristar
SegaSlayer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:09 AM   #5
lostleader
無くなったりだ
Points: 3,552, Level: 37 Points: 3,552, Level: 37 Points: 3,552, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet

My Mood: Spaced
lostleader is a jewel in the roughlostleader is a jewel in the roughlostleader is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Princess Award 
Total Awards: 2

PSN ID: LOSTLEAD8R Xbox Live Gamertag: lostleader8
Well maybe 3rd...

I really REALLY dont see the love for Minish Cap, too easy, and too short.

8. Tertris
From Mother Russia herself, Tertris is the Mother of all puzzle games, with a simple set up of falling blocks, and a catch tune.This baby had you picking it up and going to see how high you could beat your score. If it wasn't for this game the Game boy may not have been what it was.

7.Golden Sun
Highly Praised by people that got it, and critics alike. Golden Sun made a RPG world that was beuiful for a GBA game, and could have been a SNES game, or at least reminded us of them. Golden Sun didnt get huge lot of praise but it has gained a massive cult base and two sequels in its tracks.

6.Fire Emblem
Ever since melee the question was Who are Marth and Roy and how come I haven't seen them in Zelda. Well With little research and japanese know how people learned that marth and roy were apart of so far japanese only series Fire Emblem and when Nintendo decided to bring it to america, they brought it with style and a very good game. Fire Emblem paved the way for FE fans of the US and has lead us to keeping them in the Americas. It wasn't tell later on we learn roy was in the pervious game of Fire Emblem and Marth was the first prince in the FE games.

5.SMBA: Super Mario Bros 3
Coming out rather late hurts a lot of things, and Impact is one of them. Although SMB3 is still argued has the "best thing since slice beard" it was gladly received by fans and GBA owners. The E reader was not. Still this game remind everyone what we loved about Mario all over again, sure it may be just be a upgrade, but it was a great one at that.

4.LoZ Oracle of Seasons/Ages
One of the most challenging and addicting Zelda to hit the Hyrule land and fans. Seasons and Ages gave fans trust in Capcom to make more Zelda games for years to come. And due to a password system, and maybe a extra friend, fans could go through both adventures in one play through, whats not to love about it?

3.GSC
Gold, Silver, and Crystal are the highly accaimed Pokemon Games that Surpassed thier masters Red, Green, Blue and Yellow. With a massive adventure at hand, to areas to explore, a pokemon league, and a final show down with Red. GSC paved a massive message that Pokemon was indeed here to stay.

2.Metroid: Zero Mission
Maybe Im just being a little to generous on how high it is, but Zero Mission made it clear to me that Metroid was one of the best series to hit gaming today. With a massive layout of the pervious Metroid game redone, and new parts added, this was more then a remake. Not to mention you could get Metroid, the orginal on this game once you beat it. Now that is awesome

1. Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
Superstar Saga gave me a experience I never had with a RPG till I met it, and that was fun. Other then Pokemon, I wasn't RPG person, but SSS changed all that. With fun battle tactics, a loveable story, and a length game. I was head over heels in love with it. It was prehaps one of the greatest games in my life.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:27 AM   #6
da Beef
Banned

da Beef will become famous soon enoughda Beef will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Tetris
Link's Awakening and the Oracle games
Golden Sun I and II
Metroid Fusion and Metroid II

and of course

Pokemon series
da Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:03 PM   #7
DragonLX
not a pokéfag
Points: 13,355, Level: 75 Points: 13,355, Level: 75 Points: 13,355, Level: 75

DragonLX is a name known to allDragonLX is a name known to allDragonLX is a name known to allDragonLX is a name known to allDragonLX is a name known to allDragonLX is a name known to all

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Signature of the Month Poster Review of the Month Member of the Month Yoshi Game Reviewer NFF Artist 
Total Awards: 9

Send a message via MSN to DragonLX
Golden Sun
Pokémon
Fire Emblem
MegaMan Zero
Lufia

No specific order.
DragonLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:36 PM   #8
DarkLegacy
Points: 1,868, Level: 25 Points: 1,868, Level: 25 Points: 1,868, Level: 25
User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Shuriken
User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Brooding
DarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty Signature of the Month Poster NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 4

PSN ID: Jordeh59
5.Wario Ware Twisted
4.Pokemon Blue/Red
3.Advance Wars
2.Pokemon Gold/Silver
1.Tetris

Tag by me
DarkLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #9
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Meh, I can't really think of 5 I don't think, but...

Fire Emblem
Megaman Zero
Golden Sun

That's about it really.
Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:22 PM   #10
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,654, Level: 100 Points: 38,654, Level: 100 Points: 38,654, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

I never really liked gameboy.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote