Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo Wii Reviews

Notices

Nintendo Wii Reviews Section for all Nintendo Wii Game Reviews and Wiiware Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
Star wars: The Force Unleashed
Become A Jedi
Published by Sparticus
01-13-2009
Author review
Graphics
65%65%65%
Storyline
80%80%80%
Controls/Gameplay
100%100%100%
Sound
90%90%90%
Average 84%

Plot.

Your Darth Vader's secret apprentice, battling both the empire and the rebelling between epidsodes 3 and 4.

The gameplay is great. You really feel like your going through the motions of a jedi. Most force motions are controlled with the nuncuk while light saber is controlled with the wii remote. Different combos of the two will get you different light saber attacks and force powers. The only thing that irritated me about the controls is the drawn out look good combos finishes. After you do sertain moves with the light saber you will get long drawn out finishes that you can't control the charater until its finished mean while storm troopers are blasting you at point blank.

Just about everything in the environment reacts to force powers. Charaters also react to each other and their environment. Digital Molecular Matter (DMM), by Pixelux Entertainment, and euphoria by NaturalMotion Ltd. Paired with the powerful Havok Physics system, these new technologies create gameplay only possible on the new generation of consoles. DMM incorporates the physical properties of anything in the environment so that everything reacts exactly like it should; wood breaks like wood, glass shatters like glass, plants on the planet Felucia bend like plants on the planet Felucia would, and more. Meanwhile, as a revolutionary behavioral-simulation engine, euphoria enables interactive characters to move, act and even think like actual human beings, adapting their behavior on the fl y and resulting in a different payoff every single time.

As you explore the game you can find different light saber color and power crystals, Also opening up other force powers and strenght of the powers.

Awesome surround sound. If you have a nice sound system that you are playing on, it makes a world of difference. You can hear if enemy's are behind you or to the right and left. I wouldn't expect anything less from the creator of THX.

I was surprised with the graphics on the game. I was expecting better, I know that its only wii and they didn't go all out on the graphics but this game is lacking compared to its PS3 and Xbox counter parts.

Overall I would give this game an 8. Where the graphics lack the gameplay and sound make up. If your a star wars fan I suggest you give this game a try. Lucas arts is raising the bar with 3rd person action games. I really can't see playing this game on any other system. Its just wouldn't seem as enjoyable.
Published by
Thread \er
Sparticus has a spectacular aura aboutSparticus has a spectacular aura aboutSparticus has a spectacular aura about
Sponsored Links
By AlloftheAbove on 01-13-2009, 06:31 PM
A very, very short review.
I can't tell if you enjoyed the game or not...
But yeah, quite a helpful review.
By Sparticus on 01-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
65%65%65%
Storyline
80%80%80%
Controls/Gameplay
100%100%100%
Sound
90%90%90%
Average 84%
Updated. Sorry about that last review. A little new at this.
By AlloftheAbove on 01-14-2009, 04:52 AM
Ah, the review is a lot better now. ^_^
I have this game on Wii. I don't watch the movies so I have no idea who's side I'm on.
But nonetheless, good review.
By Xenon on 01-20-2009, 06:02 AM
Awesome review. Quite short though...
By Pandy bear on 01-21-2009, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawler View Post
Awesome review. Quite short though...
o_O No it's not.
Anyway, good review! Not much of a Star Wars fan though.
Last edited by Pandy bear; 01-21-2009 at 03:34 AM..
Comment