Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Classic Nintendo Reviews

Notices

Classic Nintendo Reviews Section for all Retro Nintendo Games for NES, SNES, Gamecube, Nintendo 64, Gameboy

Comment

Review Tools
Super Mario Sunshine(GC) - Review
Super Mario Sunshine(GC) - Review
stevewins123
Published by Saru786
01-20-2009
Author review
Graphics
100%100%100%
Storyline
100%100%100%
Controls/Gameplay
100%100%100%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 100%
Sm Mario Super Mario Sunshine(GC) - Review

This is stevewins123's review for the 3D Mario game, Super Mario Sunshine. I hope you thinks this review is shiny!

Introduction
Super Mario Sunshine is a great game to add to your Mario collection. This is the middle game in a "Mario Trilogy." The first was Super Mario 64, this was the second, and the third and maybe last is Super Mario Galaxy. I believe that this game is better than Super Mario 64 and almost as good as Super Mario Galaxy.

Storyline - 10/10
This game starts with Mario going on vacation with Princess Peach, and an entourage of Toads. Their vacation destination is an island resort that glitters like a gem in the sea and is the shape of a dolphin. It's called Isle Delfino! They're going there to relax and unwind from all of their work. However, when they land there by plane, they hear things from the island inhabitants. Someone is creating a huge mess and the person responsible has a round nose, a thick mustache, and a cap. Sounds a lot like Mario! They blame Mario and say that his mess has caused their energy source, the shine sprites, to disappear. Now Mario has to clean it up using an interesting device called FLUDD which squirts not but water out. Mario will need to clean the island and catch the villain. But will he be able to? The villain soon kidnappes Princess Peach and you'll need to save her. It all depends on you!

Gameplay/Controls - 10/10
Super Mario Sunshine is a very addictive game because you always want to get the next shine sprite. There's always suspense because the villain appears numerous times. But wait! If this person is the villain, what happened to Bowser? You'll figure this out for yourself along with a shocking secret about Mario's impersonator. So this game is very fun to play and has levels that range from easy to difficult. Obvious to confusing. The controls are easy to learn and there are lots of moves that Mario can do. In his complicated moves, the controls get a bit more confusing but eventually, you learn them and you begin to think that they're really easy. Like normal, you would use the control stick to move and you can use the C Stick to rotate the camera, view, or zoom in and out. This gets very helpful depending on where you are. To quickly center the camera behind you, just hit L and you'll be able to play normally with a straight camera view again. FLUDD is probably one of the most important things in the game and can be activated just by hitting R. He has many forms that you can collect in the game. They are also very helpful in different ways. They can be found in boxes with the FLUDD sign on them. The controls are smooth and easy to use.

Graphics - 10/10
The graphics in this game are impressive and there are many colors used throughout the game. Everything has enough pixels and the colors are bright. I believe that it was thought out well and that this game shows that the GameCube really is a good system capable of such good graphics. Everything looks 3-D and looks real.

Sound/Music - 10/10
The sound and music were also great. The tunes were very catchy and changed in different places. For example, if you went underground, you would hear a different type of music than if you were above ground. The sound effects were also good. You could here Mario make noises or talk and many other things. They're much better than in Super Mario 64.

PlayTime/Replayability - 10/10
This game will provide you with many hours of entertainment and once you beat it, you'll want to play it again and again. It's not one of those games that you put on the shelf after you beat it or even before you beat it, but rather one that you keep in your GameCube for days.

Final Recommendation - Buy or Not Buy?
Buy. Your Super Mario 3D series is not complete without this game. So why are you still reading? Go get this game...NOW!
for reading this review!

- Score another one for the Italian guy!

- Next Review: Super Smash Bros. Melee(GC)

This review was written by stevewins123 and the original can be found here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/game...rec=2516022524
Sponsored Links
By Skreamo on 01-20-2009, 11:22 PM
lol I reviewed this too xD Awesome review Saru
By Saru786 on 01-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
100%100%100%
Storyline
100%100%100%
Controls/Gameplay
100%100%100%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 100%
Thanks. Even though your review is way better than mine. I'm in my amateur hour. xD
By AlloftheAbove on 01-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Nice review.
I wouldn't have rated it as a perfect game, but it was still pretty good.
By Xenon on 01-21-2009, 01:54 AM
Awesome, Saru. But it it really a perfect game?
By Saru786 on 01-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
100%100%100%
Storyline
100%100%100%
Controls/Gameplay
100%100%100%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 100%
Yeah. I just found it to be so fun in all areas. I couldn't resist giving it a 100. Even though, I might be overrating it. *thinks* I'm not sure what to say.
Comment