Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Microsoft Xbox

Notices

Microsoft Xbox Post anything relating to Microsoft Xbox and Xbox One.

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,143, Level: 69 Points: 11,143, Level: 69 Points: 11,143, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

Halo Discussion Thread

I've been rereading through my collection of Halo Books(Yes I have everyone, even the Graphic Novels) and so I decided to make this thread to discuss anything Halo Related, and even if needed I can explain the Story to you, because just going off the games maybe confusing.

Halo was the game that set the next standard for FPS on consoles. Improving upon what Goldeneye was known for, and improving upon it by including vehicles, and several unique weapons. One thing Halo really didn't have was an rememorible story, which was why most people didn't like Halo 3 cause it felt like it just kind of threw story at you, and it made no sense, unless you payed a lot of attention to the Story of the first two. Also it helps to read the books(I know shocker, Halo junkies who can read! Also the books are Canon) to fill in some plot holes.

On a side note, the reason why you can never be the exact Green Master Chief is, is because he is the last surving(Linda may still be alive, but last we knew she was still in the cryo tube) of the Green Team. Along with Green Team, you have Red, Blue, and Gray Teams. Chief is not the last Spartan, he was just the only one who was at Reach day of its invasion by the covenant, who escaped, along with Linda's Body, which he put into the Cryo Tube next to him on the Autumn. When playing Co-Op this explains the second person also being a Spartan, because Linda wasn't actually dead, but near death, and her viatiles improved while she was in the cryotube(?). Also it is protocol that all CryoTubes be jettisoned into space when being attacked.

They found the Halo ring, on accident, because of the Cole Protocol, which is states, that when being attacked by Covenent and must flee, you go to a random generated point in space, through slipspace and wipe all information with the coordinates to Earth, so if the Covenent do kill everyone, they still can't find Earth. Cole Protocol also states that all AI must be destroyed, but Keyes disobeys that and puts Cortana in Chief's head.

I'm getting tired of typing, so I may explain the events after the first Halo later, good day.

~Sir Manguydude

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
SeanMi
Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

SeanMi has a spectacular aura aboutSeanMi has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: SeanMi-ghty
well im totally confused lol.
I never like halo, i played the first 2. its alright, only fun in Co-op.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 

Halo is a very confusing game, which most people don't realize it though, cause they just play the game for the massive run and gun.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:53 AM   #4
DarkLegacy
Points: 1,868, Level: 25 Points: 1,868, Level: 25 Points: 1,868, Level: 25
User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Shuriken
User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Brooding
DarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty Signature of the Month Poster NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 4

PSN ID: Jordeh59
Anyone got Halo Wars?

Tag by me
Old 03-11-2009, 05:35 AM   #5
SegaSlayer33
Finishing the Fight
Points: 21,468, Level: 92 Points: 21,468, Level: 92 Points: 21,468, Level: 92
User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x SNES Controller

My Mood: Thinking
SegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enoughSegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Game Reviewer 

PSN ID: Get your own Xbox Live Gamertag: Get your own
There was once a saying that Master Chief was going to be the Mario for adults. And a great help in that is the way his franchise (not him, but still) can succeed in more than one franchise (Mario is good in 5, but who's counting?).

Another perception by non-360 fans is that Halo 3 is the only stellar game for the system. And I'm glad that Gears of War, COD4 and others are changing that perception. It's good that the franchise is idolised, but I think it makes it better for the console as a whole.

To see an index of my review, click here
Latest review: Ristar
Old 03-11-2009, 05:02 PM   #6
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

I have Halo Wars and have already beat it, it was a great last hurrah for Ensemble.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:48 AM   #7
SegaSlayer33
Finishing the Fight
User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x SNES Controller

SegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enoughSegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase

How was it? Is it better than the RTS on computers?

Old 03-15-2009, 01:36 AM   #8
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

I loved the controls, no doubt RTS will be coming to consoles a lot more.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:57 AM   #9
SegaSlayer33
Finishing the Fight

Awards Showcase

Maybe a Nintendo RTS?

Old 03-15-2009, 02:18 AM   #10
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

I don't know about having one on the Wii though, the buttons would be harder to pull off on that Wii-mote and nunchuck because you would need 1 and 2 which are hard to access quickly.

Closed Thread