Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Music Reviews

Notices

Music Reviews Post your Music reviews here.

Closed Review

Review Tools
//MetallicA\\ Death Magnetic
//MetallicA\\ Death Magnetic
Best of the New?
Published by Skreamo
01-26-2009
Author review
Rate the Music
95%95%95%
Average 95%
Star Man //MetallicA\\ Death Magnetic

Hey NFF and MetalHeads I'm reviewing Metallica's 2008 Album, "Death Magnetic" today.

Let's begin with the song list

Track 1- That was just your Life
Track 2- The End of the Line
Track 3- Broken, Beat, and Scarred
Track 4- The Day that Never Comes
Track 5- All Nightmare long
Track 6- Cyanide
Track 7- The Unforgiven III
Track 8- the Judas Kiss
Track 9- Suicide and Redemption
Track 10- My Apocalypse

Album Rating 9.5/10
I had not liked any of their albums after the Black Album, but this album was actually pretty good, although, James does not have his awesome voice anymore. Kirk does his solo's in all the songs (which I thought was great). Lars still isn't great at drums, but it's a huge leap from how he did on St. Anger. This a huge improvement over their last albums. What I also liked about the album was that they went back to making long songs! 6 minutes+!
Definitely the best of the new! I liked it! Go buy it!

I will be rating each Song individually.
That was just your Life
This song starts off with a slow but leading melody, then blasts the metal! I like this song and rate it 8/10.

The End of the Line
Truly, one of my favorite songs of this album. This is a great song in my opinion, I like it and rate it 9/10.

Broken, Beat, and Scarred
Another good song of the album! I like to listen to this song when I'm bored, it makes me want to go out and do something, and the solo is awesome! I like it and rate it 8/10.

The Day that Never Comes
This song is for all our troops who never got to see the next day. I don't know why, but when I hear the beginning of this song, the word "legacy" pops into my head. This is another favorite, I love the fact that James solos in this song too! I rate it 9/10.

All Nightmare Long
Another Favorite here . I love this song, although I think the intro isn't great. This song is always on my playlist! I love the chorus in this song! I love it and rate it 9.5/10.

Cyanide
This is a great song! I love the bass line in the beginning! the solo is good too! I like it and rate it 8/10.

The Unforgiven III
The third part of their "The Unforgiven" from the Black Album. I like this song, it kind of reminds me of "Fade to Black" from the "Ride the Lightning" Album. I like the solo too! I like it and rate it 9/10.

The Judas Kiss
This song is great! Another favorite! I like the solo! Kirk did an awesome job on this one! I like it and rate it 9/10.

Suicide and Redemption
This song is amazing! There are no vocals, just music. I like to listen to this song when I'm drawing or GFXing. The solos are great! I like it and rate it 9.5/10.

My Apocalypse
I have to say, this song isn't the best. I felt no beat to this song to be honest. The solo was alright. I rate this song 6/10.

Well, that was My Review for //MetallicA\\'s 2008 Album, Death Magnetic! I hope you enjoyed reading it, as it took me a hell of a long time to write it!

Thank you for Reading my review! and ROCK OUT!!

-Skreamo
Sponsored Links
By Mario on 01-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Great review!!! We'll laid out too!
By Skreamo on 01-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Thank You Mario xD
By Spirit on 01-28-2009, 09:15 AM
my brother really likes this album. seems many like metallica here.
By DarkLegacy on 01-28-2009, 01:33 PM
awesome review!
By Skreamo on 01-28-2009, 01:42 PM
//MetallicA\\ is freakin awesome xD thank you for the comments
By Mario on 01-28-2009, 01:45 PM
We want more metallica reviews!!!! Skreamo....Skreamo....Skreamo....Skreamo....
By Skreamo on 01-28-2009, 01:51 PM
lmao fine, i'll do and justice next xD
By Saru786 on 01-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Nice Skreamo! Yea, more Metallica...and Iron Maiden.

I think I'll do System Of A Down & Slipknot.
By Sparticus on 01-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Nice review.

This is no of offense to you but the last good cd Metallica came out with was there black album its just been all down hill from there. After black they got away from the music and wanted more fame cut there hair and Became MEtallica.

Greatest line ever from Shawn Fanning Creator of Napster and the file share revolution.

Wearing a Metallica shirt, saying, "I borrowed this shirt from a friend. Maybe, if I like it, I'll buy one of my own."
Closed Review