Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo Wii Reviews

Notices

Nintendo Wii Reviews Section for all Nintendo Wii Game Reviews and Wiiware Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
Excite Truck(Wii) - Review
Excite Truck(Wii) - Review
Bass260
Published by Saru786
01-28-2009
Author review
Graphics
70%70%70%
Storyline
10%10%10%
Controls/Gameplay
90%90%90%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 68%
Thumbs up Excite Truck(Wii) - Review

Hello gamers! This is Bass260's review for the exciting racing Wii game called, Excite Truck. I hopes you likes it a lots!

Introduction
Excite Truck. It was a good launch game. It showed how the wiimote could be used in different ways and it worked quite well. As the first racing game for the Wii, I'm assuming it's showing you what future racing games on the Wii will be like. Never less, it's still a good game. It's not always about winning the race, no this game is nothing like that. You want to try and get the most stars by doing air tricks, truck smashes, air spins, combo's, drifts, and more. I'll get to that later, but lets get to the meat of the review. Yummy!

Storyline(1/10)
No storyline. Just like in the Mario Kart series, they race to see who is the best. Don't mind me giving it a 1, it doesn't affect the game in anyway.

Gameplay/Controls(9/10)
Well done! The gameplay was good. There was a lot of stuff you could do, and a lot of places you could go. So in Excite race, the 1-P mode, you go through is Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum races. In each type of race, there's 4/5 places. You need to beat Bronze to get Silver, and silver to get gold, and so on. So there's the places Mexico, Canada, Fiji, and Scotland to start off. An example would be there is Scotland bronze, and silver, and gold and so on. But all these levels are different, but the same country. So once you progress through, you get Finland and China. In the races, there is the number of starts you have to get over to complete the level, and the time limit. So say it's 70 stars, you need to get 70 or over stars. And like I said before, you can get stars from a lot of things. Once you progress a bit through the game, and get S rank on all courses, you'll unlock Super Excite race. That's a harder mode. So in every course you get a rank from D, C, B, A, or S. S is the best. Next mode is challenge. There all challenges like getting through the most gates by good steering. Another challenge is getting through rings, if you do good jumps, you can get yourself through a ring. The last challenge is crush, which you try to crush your opponent for stars. The next mode is versus, I'll talk about that later. The last mode is tutorial, and there you can learn about everything, and secret stunts. You need to finish the first part of the tutorial to get excite race and challenge mode. The controls are not perfect. Just moving the controller to the way you want to go, and pointing the nose of your truck up and down by flipping it. Easy, eh? Well not technically. This game has issues with controls, like Red Steel, but you will get used to it faster than Red Steel. There usually accurate, but sometimes when I turn right, it turns left, and the other way around too. I mean the controls are good, but when things like that happen, it really piss you off. This is the only reason this area of the game gets a 9. Other than that, great!

Graphics(7/10)
Ok. Not much different from the GameCube graphics, not really at all. Maybe a touch better, but there still actually pretty good. Better than some other launch games like Red Steel and Ray Man, atleast.

Better than Red Steel & Ray Man, atleast. :P

Music/Sound(10/10)
You can use your very own SD card from your MP3's, and play any song that's on the SD card. The music in this game isn't bad at all. Really fits the theme of the game, don't listen to those critics. The sound is flawless. When you hit something you hear it and the motor of the trucks...you hear them! That is the important part. Music is close to perfect and sound is perfect.

Multiplayer(10/10)
I find multiplayer good. The only thing that isn't good, is that only 2 people can play at a time. Sort of makes sense though, you really can't do tricks in four different screens, it sometimes gets hard enough with 2 screens. It's still pretty perfect though, not many flaws. You could play this game with a friend for ages, just going to through every level trying to do super tricks.

Replayability/PlayTime(10/10)
It's a good game for anyone to pick up. I feel I could play these levels over and over, just trying to do awesome tricks, I'll never forget. Not to mention the number of stunts you can try to master. The multiplayer can keep you playing. The 1-P modes are good, and the challenge never gets boring. It takes long to finish, which is what makes it so fun.

Overall
Sorry, not perfect. It's a really good game, and a good launch title for the Wii. I consider this the fourth or third best launch title, not listening to the things people say about this game.

Final Recommendation: Buy Or Not Buy?
I honestly, would buy it if you like racing games, and don't compare it to the other excite games. You should rent it if your still skeptical about it. A lot of people have said harsh things about it, and if you choose to listen to that, then rent it. But if you just want to have a fun time, and not try it first, then buy it. It's worth every cent.

for reading Bass260's review! Please comment on your opinion on this review and the game!

- I love to !

- Next Review: Not Sure ATM!

This review was written by Bass260 and the original can be found here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/review/R108032.html
Published by
Enter Sandman
Saru786 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to Saru786 Send a message via Yahoo to Saru786
Sponsored Links
By Konata on 01-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
100%100%100%
Storyline
100%100%100%
Controls/Gameplay
100%100%100%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 100%
This is my favourite wii game and always will be, being a racing fan my opinion is slightly bias but ya no xD. Great review.
By Saru786 on 01-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
70%70%70%
Storyline
10%10%10%
Controls/Gameplay
90%90%90%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 68%
Thanks. Yea, ET is great!
By Alaska_Gamer on 01-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Heck yeah, this game rocks. I really hope Monster Games is working on a sequel, or better yet, a combonation of both Excite Truck and Excite Bike. Man that would be awesome.
By Mario on 01-28-2009, 09:24 PM
heck i might have to get this...
By Kansaibou on 01-28-2009, 09:45 PM
the main thing i disagree with is the music being FLAWLESS....

great.. fits the theme.. but not necessarily flawless..

the MP3 compatibility made this game for me though..
... its like.. the kind of game your laugh in that half-drunk-sleep-deprivated state at the game while getting competitive... great music just makes it better X3

once agian, good review ^^
By Saru786 on 01-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
70%70%70%
Storyline
10%10%10%
Controls/Gameplay
90%90%90%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 68%
^Yea. I think I went too much on the music. But, the MP3 compatibility, you have to admit, was cool.
By Sparticus on 01-29-2009, 01:48 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
85%85%85%
Storyline
50%50%50%
Controls/Gameplay
95%95%95%
Sound
95%95%95%
Average 81%
This game is probably the reason i got wii. Played it at a friends house and said to myself i have to get this.
By Saru786 on 01-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
70%70%70%
Storyline
10%10%10%
Controls/Gameplay
90%90%90%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 68%
My bro said that this was the worst game for the Wii he ever played. xD
By Zero on 01-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Nice review. Zero absolutely loves this game.
Comment