Well this is my review for Nelly Furtado's latest and 3rd album. Most of you on here probably aren't interested in this kind of music, seeing all you Metallica fans lol, but eh. I've got to say this is her best album so far, with the last 2 having certain songs nobody really wants to mention. The Album also features Timbaland, Attitude and Juanes. The album had a peak position of 4th on the UK, Australian and Norwegian Album Charts, while getting to first in 9 countries.
Platinum - 18
Diamond - 1
Gold - 7
6. No Hay Igual
7. Te Busque
8. Say It Right
9. Do It
10. In God's Hands
11. Wait For You
12. Somebody To Love
13. All Good Things (Come To An End)
Credits and Personnel
- Vocals - Nelly Furtado, Attitude.
- Acoustic Guitar - Rusty Anderson, Ramon Stagnaro, Juanes.
- Conductor - David Campbell.
- Violin - Robert Cani, Maria DeLeon, Joel DeRouin, Amen Garabedian, Gerado Hilera, Sharon Jackson, Peter Kent, Josefina Vergara.
- Percussion - Luis Conte, Timbaland, Taku Hirano, Daniel Stone, David Schommer, Luis Orbego.
- Cello - Larry Corbett, Suzie Katayama, Stever Richards.
- Drums - Danja, Timbaland, Joey Waronker, Nisan Stewart.
- Keyboard - Danja, Timbaland, Rick Nowels, Jamie Muhoberac, Greg Kurstin.
- Piano - Danja, Hilario Duran, Rick Nowels.
- Bass Guitar - Dean Jarvis, Timbaland.
- Electric Guitar - Juanes, Ramon Stagnaro.
- Guitar - Rick Nowels, Blake O, Kevin Rudolph, Dan Warner.
1. Afraid - Don't really have much to say about this one, wasn't the best song she could have chosen for the opening, but its a great song. 8/10.
2. Maneater - One of the best songs on this album, the music's great, the lyrics are too. I'd say that the chorus really stands out from the other verses, it seems to have a different feel to it, unlike other songs. 10/10.
3. Promiscuous - This has to be the best song, the lyrics are great and it has a really catchy chorus. When i first heard this one i just left it to play back over and over again xD. 10/10.
4. Glow - Another one i can't really say much about, i don't really think much of the lyrics for this one but the tune makes up for that completely. 8.5/10.
5. Showtime - The one song i didn't really like, it's one of those which you get annoyed at after listening to it twice, i realised that on the 3rd time, of course, still a good song. 6/10.
6. No Hay Igual - All of this song is in Spanish, and i never bothered to learn what the lyrics actually were, but a pretty good tune. 8/10.
7. Te Busque - Half English lyrics, half Spanish lyrics. Well, thats the english version, the Spanish version has full Spanish lyrics, for some reason, i don't really know to be honest, if we still have to have Spanish bits, why can't they get English bits? Hmm....9/10.
8. Say It Right - Great song, love the lyrics and tune, has a really catchy beat to it, and with Timbaland's "eh" every now and again going with the tune, it just makes it that bit more great. 10/10.
9. Do It - Really good song, the beat's catchy and the chorus goes well with the tune, the backing singers don't help it too much though. 9.5/10.
10. In God's Hands - Good song, the tune didn't really have a great
beat but it's great to listen to. 9/10.
11. Wait For You - Don't really think that the music or lyrics really stand out but i always enjoy listening to it. 9/10.
12. Somebody To Love- Great song, has a nice slow beat to it, the lyrics match with the type of music perfectly and is great to listen to. 9.5/10.
13. All Good Things (Come To An End) - You can tell by the title of the song why it's at the end, and this song was a really good closing one. It has great lyrics and a great beat, 10/10.
That's it for my first review! =]
Hope you liked it even if you didn't like the music. xD