Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Movie Reviews

Notices

Movie Reviews Post your movie reviews here.

Closed Review

Review Tools
Wanted
Wanted
Published by SirManguydude
02-04-2009
Author review
Movie Rating
95%95%95%
Average 95%
Wanted

Wanted is a 2008 action film which is loosely based on the comic book miniseries of the same name by Mark Millar. The film is directed by Timur Bekmambetov and stars James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Thomas Kretschmann, Terence Stamp, and Angelina Jolie. Production began in April 2007. Wanted was released on June 25, 2008 in the United Kingdom and June 27, 2008 in the United States. On January 22, 2009, it was nominated for two Academy Awards: Best Sound Editing and Best Sound Mixing.

Enough of the copy paste from Wikipedia and onto the actual REVIEW!!!

Wanted is the best Action Flick I have seen to date. Excellent fight sequences, camera angles, along with Special effects. Most would say the Slow-Mo has been tacked onto every action film since the first Matrix, which maybe true, but the way Wanted explains and uses it, will best all of those, and it keeps with the flow of the movie.

The Plot
The movie begins with our protagonist, Wesley Gibson(James McAvoy) at a dead end desk job, taking anxiety meds for his frequent "Panic Attacks." To be blunt he hates his life. One day whilst he is at the pharmacy getting his medication, a lady named Fox(Angelina Jolie) tells him his father is dead, and that his father's killer is behind him and is trying to kill him. After a nice fight sequence, Wesley awakens in a mysterious building, the home of the Fraternity, an association of assassins, who are looking for their rogue agent Cross(Thomas Kretschmann), Wesley's father's killer. After Wesley decides to join up with the Fraternity, they tell him his Panic Attacks are actually a skill, to cause your heart to pump faster, thus making the world around you seem to move in slow motion. They also teach him other nifty tricks like how to curve a bullet.

This movie has a lot of unexpected twists and turns to it, which make it even better. My verdict is BUY it. You will not regret it, and if Action movies arn't your thing, at least Rent it.

~Sir Manguydude.
Sponsored Links
By da Beef on 02-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Member reviews
Movie Rating
70%70%70%
Average 70%
this movie was very enjoyable and a lot of fun, but i would not call it the best action film i've seen by a longshot.

i think it got kind of unfairly bashed by some viewers who couldn't come to grips with the unrealistic nature of it.

i agree with you, everyone should at least give it a chance. i actually did pick up the blu ray for the amazing visuals.
By Rai17 on 02-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Well, I'd give this movie a 10, but it's just that the story line RAMBLED on...Its a solid 9. I really liked the plot twist though, and how he has to do what he has to do (no spoils) and in the end, sayin "WTF have you been doing???"
By Xenon on 03-23-2009, 03:12 AM
I wanna see this movie, it looks good.
Closed Review