Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo Wii Reviews

Notices

Nintendo Wii Reviews Section for all Nintendo Wii Game Reviews and Wiiware Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
No More Heroes
No More Heroes
Pure White Lover Bizarre Jelly
Published by SirManguydude
02-05-2009
Author review
Graphics
100%100%100%
Storyline
95%95%95%
Controls/Gameplay
80%80%80%
Sound
85%85%85%
Average 90%
No More Heroes

No More Heroes!

Another Great Game brought to you by Suda51 the director of Killer7.

The Review

Graphics: 10/10

Another beautiful cel-shaded game. When people think Cel-Shaded they think cutesy, but don't think that for NMH(No More Heroes) for the game is drenched in gore. Every death leaves a foutain of blood, luckily it doesn't pool on the ground(I still wish it did) or you would drown in it after killing four foes, or One boss, cause they seem to have a lot more blood then everyone else.

Storyline: 9.5/10

The story follows Travis Touchdown, who is a stereotypical otaku(Person with obsessive interests) his motel room decorated with professional wrestling and anime collectibles living in near poverty in the No More Heroes motel of the fictional town of Santa Destroy, California. After winning a beam katana in an internet auction, he runs out of money to buy video games and wrestling videos. After meeting with Sylvia Christel, he accepts a job to kill Helter Skelter, also known as "the Drifter," which earns him rank 11 by the United Assassins Association, a governing body of assassins. Realizing that he has the opportunity to make it to the top, he sets out to secure himself the coveted position of number one hitman in the UAA. I know this sounds like it is going to go up one by one in a rapid procession, but it will not. In between each Hitman boss you will have to accumulate money through various jobs(Such as collecting coconuts and killing off restraunt owners). Also you will be able to use this money to buy new Beam Katanas, learn new moves by buying Wrestling tapes, and increase your health, and such. The plot has several twists in it, to keep you interested, and some wacky bosses, like DestroyMan who has a crouch laser and Machine Gun Nipples.

Controls/Gameplay: 8/10

This could be a good or bad thing, but in order to attack you do not swing your Wii-mote around like a mad man, but you just spam A, but in order to change where you attack and to get past a blocking foe, you change whether your Wii-Mote is facing upwards or downwards for High or Low attacks. After you defeat a character, you get a Killing Blow command which when you swing the Wii-mote in that direction you will do a sweet move, and send Blood and coins EVERYWHERE. This also initializes a Slot Machine, which when you line up the things you get bonuses such as the ablity to shoot shockwaves out of your katana, do one hit KOs, and run fast, along with other abilities, which expire after an alotted time frame. Also you charge your Beam Katana by pressing 2 and shaking the Wii-mote up and down, and Travis will do it onscreen, making it look like he is masturbating. I haven't seen any glitches or anything so thats good. Also their are some quirky minigames, such as the Baseball Game, where you have to swing your Wii-Mote to hit the ball back at the pitcher and hit him and all his buddies behind him with the ball(I liked it cause at first it was hilarious). The only Con is a major one and its the Fact that you Don't have to swing like a mad man to attack people. One more Pro though, this game has the best save ever, in order to save you must acess either your Motel's Toilet, or a porta-potty.

Sounds: 8.5/10

Sadly the soundtrack is fairly forgettible, but luckily some of the Sound Effects are rememberable cause they are like the Old Arcade Sounds. Also the Dialogue is hilarious at times(Most the Time). Some of the weirdest things I have ever heard, have come from this game.

Overall: 9/10

I would recommend you owners of the Wii go out and check this game out, preferably by BUYING it. I won't be shamed if you rent it first of course. Also even though this game was one of those Great games that wasn't looked at twice on the shelf by most, Suda51 is already in the works for NMH: Desperate Struggles, so get out there and get the first one to be prepared for its sequel.

~Sir Manguydude
Published by
LoZ Expert
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute
Sponsored Links
By Mario on 02-10-2009, 10:09 AM
This game looks interesting I might have to test it out.
By da Beef on 02-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
70%70%70%
Storyline
80%80%80%
Controls/Gameplay
80%80%80%
Sound
75%75%75%
Average 76%
yes this game was very cool all wii owners should check it out.
By gameaddict on 05-20-2009, 04:31 AM
This seems pretty good... I am thinking about getting it. If it's anything like MadWorld, then I should like it.
By Tencade Kazarian on 05-20-2009, 05:52 PM
This game is WIN. and very hard to find nows days. At least here it is
By SirManguydude on 05-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
100%100%100%
Storyline
95%95%95%
Controls/Gameplay
80%80%80%
Sound
85%85%85%
Average 90%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennindo View Post
This game is WIN. and very hard to find nows days. At least here it is
In the USA its a hidden gem mainly. Its kinda like Okami, but it didn't bankrupt the company and sold a little better.
By Riodoku79 on 05-20-2009, 06:52 PM
First off the Wii can do MUCH better than this and the graphics aren't deserving of a 10/10. Secondly I can't believe you didn't even mention the games horrible open world and how every time you fail a mission you have to restart and drive back to that point on the map. I just can't say that this is a good review SirManguydude. But I DO reccomend a buy for everyone here. Especially since it's only $20.
By SirManguydude on 05-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
100%100%100%
Storyline
95%95%95%
Controls/Gameplay
80%80%80%
Sound
85%85%85%
Average 90%
Riodoku, if you don't like my opinion you can GTFO, the end. I've never failed a mission, they are simple, kill everyone minigames. If you failed thoughs, get out, you fail at games.
By Riodoku79 on 05-20-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm sorry that I'm not as 1337 at games as you are Sirasshat. In a review you take consideration of everyone that would buy the game not just the people that play games religiously. And did I ever once bash your opinion? No I didn't.
By Tencade Kazarian on 05-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Knock it off you too.
Fair Warning.
Lets keep this Clean and about the Review. No more comments from you both on this review
Unless it appropriate
Comment