Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > WorldWide News, Politics & Religion

Notices

WorldWide News, Politics & Religion Title Says It All

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 03:28 AM   #1
Pandy bear
is gonna getcha...
Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13

Pandy bear is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Pandy bear
Unhappy Victoria Fires

This has been a sad couple of days in Australia.
As some of you may have heard, massive fires broke out in Victoria, killing hundreds of people, leaving around 1,000 homes destroyed and leaving over 80 people missing. My friend and her family was one of the families that lost their lives.

The smoke was ghastly, as it even reached New Zealand. This disaster is the worst natural (or so we think) disaster that Australia has ever faced. The fire is the worst that the world had ever seen.
I encourage you all do pray for the people that had been effected by the fires, they have lost everything.

(Notice that I'm not using my usual pink text.)

Thanks Alloftheabove for the avi!
<3
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2009, 03:48 AM   #2
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 23,681, Level: 94 Points: 23,681, Level: 94 Points: 23,681, Level: 94
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 38

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
I'm sorry, Pandy.
Yes, indeed this is has been a dark couple of days for Australians.
So many homes and families have been influenced by the fires. I'll try to upload the Hamish and Andy podcast about this.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:58 AM   #3
Cloud7
Silent Lurker
Points: 4,527, Level: 42 Points: 4,527, Level: 42 Points: 4,527, Level: 42
User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Master Sword

My Mood: Aggressive
Cloud7 will become famous soon enoughCloud7 will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF Radio Award Signature of the Month Sheriff Game Reviewer NFF Artist 
Total Awards: 6

Wow...that's alot of people and places burnt up right there! They will be in my prayers!

~Cloud

Thanks Skreamo for the sig!
Old 02-11-2009, 04:10 AM   #4
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month 

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
Here's something to give you an idea about the poeple who lost something in the blazes and the lovely people who donated money to the appeal hosted by famous, Australian radio show hosts, Hamish & Andy.
------Here------
Old 02-11-2009, 04:14 AM   #5
Dakota Fanning
Points: 292, Level: 5 Points: 292, Level: 5 Points: 292, Level: 5

Dakota Fanning is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alloftheabove View Post
Here's something to give you an idea about the poeple who lost something in the blazes and the lovely people who donated money to the appeal hosted by famous, Australian radio show hosts, Hamish & Andy.
------Here------
Nice Edit XD.

But I feel bad for those people
Old 02-12-2009, 01:04 AM   #6
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

There are around 10-20 fires still blazing as I type this, but a lot of them are controlled.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:00 AM   #7
Pandy bear
is gonna getcha...

Guys, I just saw on a news update that the fires were deliberately lit. Why would someone do that?

<3
Old 02-12-2009, 04:23 AM   #8
Xenon
The Space Pope
Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Master Ball

My Mood: Spaced
Xenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 4

That's so sad... I don't know anybody who was affected, but I've certainly heard a lot about this. Unfortunately, the fires were deliberately lit, and you're right, Pandy, I don't understand how anybody could live with themselves if they knew they caused so much devastation and heartbreak. They will be brought to justice, however, I have faith in our federal agents and state police forces enough for that. They know they were, there was a witness who saw them light the fires. My utmost condolences in regard to your friends, Pandy Bear. It's hard to realise that you won't ever see someone again, until we're all reunited in heaven. But, although some people may think this is a cliche, I think your friend would want you to move on, but never forget her/him.

Once the person(s) are brought to justice, the government has been stated that they will be charged with over two hundreds counts of murder, probably with a life sentence for each. Judging by the fact that one life sentence equates to twenty-five years, that means that they'll have earned themself(ves) roughly five thousand years in jail.

Even the Prime Minister himself, who is normally a placid man, has stated that his personal opinion on the matter is, and I quote, "Whoever did this should rot in jail". When they catch them, they will never, ever be released, and for good reason.

I am so sorry for your friend, Pandy. I don't know what you're religious beliefs are, or even if you have any, but I'm sure if you and your friend were members of the same one, you'll meet up in heaven (if your religion believes in heaven). ...That was slightly confusing.

Either way, this is a time for Australia. Most of you overseas will probably find it difficult to believe just how massive and staggering a blow this is to Australia. It is the worst disaster and death toll Australia has ever seen in peacetime, but you really have to grasp that it can get this hot. It can people, and it is.

On the plus side, Pandy, I think you live in Australia, so me and Alloftheabove aren't the only ones anymore. We all have to try and find a postive in these tough times, otherwise we'll all become pessimists and be a very sad country.

My sincerest condolences, Pandy. I hope you're ok.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:15 AM   #9
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

^^ What he said.
To all Australians: Go to Coles on Friday the 13th of February and buy as much as you need, because all of the money that Coles makes, will go to the Victoria victims.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:15 PM   #10
Pandy bear
is gonna getcha...

Thanks Brawler.
I'm going to Coles today. ^_^

<3
Closed Thread