Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > General Nintendo Section

Notices

General Nintendo Section All general Nintendo content here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
Hubsch2016
Goomba
Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1

Hubsch2016 is an unknown quantity at this point

History of Nintendo Quiz

1.) When was Nintendo Established?

2.) Did Hiroshi Yamauchi cheat on his wife and how?

3.) Why did Shigeru Miyamoto draw a hat on Mario when he first drew him?

4.) Who said the following quote, "The arcade version of Gradius is really difficult, right? I never played it that much, and there was no way I could finish the game, so I inserted the so-called Konami code."?

5.) Who is the oldest person to play a Wii?

6.) Unscramble: heaven luck to leave

8.) Name at least 2 correct Japanese to English translations of Nintendo.

9.) True or False: Yoshi isn't in every level of Super Mario World?

11.) How is Ridley Scott and Tom Cruise related to the inspiration behind 'Legend of Zelda'?

12.) In Mario 64 you may remember seeing Koopa Air somewhere. Explain what it is.

13.) Bowser and Mario on the same side in what game(not including sports games)?

14.) What is Mario's last name?

15.) Unscramble and give the US name: ptckoe tsosnrme

16.) In what year and by what company was a poll results released showing Mario was more popular among kids compared to Micky Mouse?

18.) What was the production budget of this John Leguizamo flick?

19.) True or False: Did Iggy Bill transform from Bullet Bill when you finished the Special World in Super Mario World?

20.) 'A Bug's Life' movie was outsold by what game?

Anyone know these? I'm researching them myself, but I figure this is the place to go for Nintendo trivia!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2009, 06:22 PM   #2
Saru786
Enter Sandman
Points: 7,638, Level: 58 Points: 7,638, Level: 58 Points: 7,638, Level: 58

Saru786 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Send a message via MSN to Saru786 Send a message via Yahoo to Saru786
1.) When was Nintendo Established?

September 23, 1889 by Fusajiro Yamauchi

2.) Did Hiroshi Yamauchi cheat on his wife and how?

No, that's what I think. She gave birth to 3 kids, that's what I know.

3.) Why did Shigeru Miyamoto draw a hat on Mario when he first drew him?

I don't know. But I think it had to do with Jumpman(Mario) being a plumber or carpenter.

4.) Who said the following quote, "The arcade version of Gradius is really difficult, right? I never played it that much, and there was no way I could finish the game, so I inserted the so-called Konami code."?

No idea.

5.) Who is the oldest person to play a Wii?

My grandma. >_>

6.) Unscramble: heaven luck to leave

Leave luck to heaven.

8.) Name at least 2 correct Japanese to English translations of Nintendo.

任天堂株式会社, --> Nintendo
That's all I know.

9.) True or False: Yoshi isn't in every level of Super Mario World?

If my memory serves right, false.

11.) How is Ridley Scott and Tom Cruise related to the inspiration behind 'Legend of Zelda'?

Tom Cruise is Link! WOOT! Nah, no idea.

12.) In Mario 64 you may remember seeing Koopa Air somewhere. Explain what it is.

I have no idea what that is.

13.) Bowser and Mario on the same side in what game(not including sports games)?

I've never seen a game like that, so I say there is no video game that has that.

14.) What is Mario's last name?

People say it's Mario, but it's not. He doesn't have a last name, only Mario. I also have proof, if you want it. But I think his nickname is Jumpman.

15.) Unscramble and give the US name: ptckoe tsosnrme

Uhhh....no. I will not. >_>

16.) In what year and by what company was a poll results released showing Mario was more popular among kids compared to Micky Mouse?

I don't know, but I do know that Micky Mouse is garbage when compared to Mario. :P

18.) What was the production budget of this John Leguizamo flick?

Don't know. Do even some of these questions have anything to do with Nintendo? 0_o

19.) True or False: Did Iggy Bill transform from Bullet Bill when you finished the Special World in Super Mario World?

If my memory serves correct, yes.

20.) 'A Bug's Life' movie was outsold by what game?

Dreamworks's Antz.

Some might be wrong or right, so don't go crazy on me.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #3
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,208, Level: 69 Points: 11,208, Level: 69 Points: 11,208, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

1) September 23, 1889. Began as a card company then went to small bussinesses like a cab company and a chain of love hotels(Place to take prostitutes) then went to toy making(Gunpei Yokoi invented the Ultra Hand[Extended arm/claw thing]) and then moved onto video games (First was Computer Othello if I remember correctly).
3) Miyamoto made Mario's hat, cause it was too hard to distinguish hair from the head on the NES.
9) True, Yoshis are not available for the castle levels.
13) Super Paper Mario
14) Mario, cause it the Mario Brothers.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #4
Saru786
Enter Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirManguydude View Post
1) September 23, 1889. Began as a card company then went to small bussinesses like a cab company and a chain of love hotels(Place to take prostitutes) then went to toy making(Gunpei Yokoi invented the Ultra Hand[Extended arm/claw thing]) and then moved onto video games (First was Computer Othello if I remember correctly).
3) Miyamoto made Mario's hat, cause it was too hard to distinguish hair from the head on the NES.
9) True, Yoshis are not available for the castle levels.
13) Super Paper Mario
14) Mario, cause it the Mario Brothers.
3 - Good. He looks awesome with that hat.

9 - Sorry about that. Haven't played SMW in a while, forgot. :/

13 - Really? lol, never played that game, didn't know.

14 - Not true. There last name is not Mario. They are called the Mario Brothers because of Mario, himself. Not even Nintendo has the answer to that question, they say that some questions can't be answered. :/
Old 02-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #5
Hubsch2016
Goomba

Wow, I've actually found most of the answers via Google!

However...
- I can't find any info about Hiroshi Yamauchi cheating on his wife. So I assume this did not happen, despite how the question is written to suggest it did.
- Can't find any news item about the oldest Wii player, just a forum post where someone bragged that their 89-year-old grandmother did, but I assume there was a news piece on this.
- Not sure if Yoshi is in every level of Super Mario World. I would think there's some he's not, but can't think of any specifics... As for the castle levels, Mario can be shown riding Yoshi at the start and then dismounting, not sure if that would count lol
- The Mario vs Mickey poll, I found that it happened in 1991, but can't find which company did it
- Can't find any answer to the last question about Iggy Bill
Old 02-18-2009, 07:18 PM   #6
Saru786
Enter Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubsch2016 View Post
Wow, I've actually found most of the answers via Google!

However...
- I can't find any info about Hiroshi Yamauchi cheating on his wife. So I assume this did not happen, despite how the question is written to suggest it did.
- Can't find any news item about the oldest Wii player, just a forum post where someone bragged that their 89-year-old grandmother did, but I assume there was a news piece on this.
- Not sure if Yoshi is in every level of Super Mario World. I would think there's some he's not, but can't think of any specifics... As for the castle levels, Mario can be shown riding Yoshi at the start and then dismounting, not sure if that would count lol
- The Mario vs Mickey poll, I found that it happened in 1991, but can't find which company did it
- Can't find any answer to the last question about Iggy Bill
I'm pretty sure that Disney made that poll, there idiots. -.-

Also, I'm pretty sure Iggy Bill did turn into Bullet Bill, something in my head tells me, and I think I did see it in SMW in the special world. :/

BTW, why do you even need to know this? 0_o
Old 02-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #7
Hubsch2016
Goomba

This was posted on another board as a challenge. And quite frankly, I'm a nerd and would love to be able to answer all these lol.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #8
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,208, Level: 69 Points: 11,208, Level: 69 Points: 11,208, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

Saru if it was named Mario brothers after Mario, then why would you be able to play as Luigi? I remember seeing Luigi Mario on some game. Also the movie calls them Mario Mario, and Luigi Mario, along with the cartoon, but I believe those not to be canon. Now that I think about it, I think it was on Super Smash Bros Melee, on Luigi's trophy that calls him Luigi Mario(I know its not canon, but it is made by Nintendo so they wouldn't miss that detail if it wasn't true).

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:27 PM   #9
Hubsch2016
Goomba

Quote:
Saru if it was named Mario brothers after Mario, then why would you be able to play as Luigi? I remember seeing Luigi Mario on some game. Also the movie calls them Mario Mario, and Luigi Mario, along with the cartoon, but I believe those not to be canon. Now that I think about it, I think it was on Super Smash Bros Melee, on Luigi's trophy that calls him Luigi Mario(I know its not canon, but it is made by Nintendo so they wouldn't miss that detail if it wasn't true).

I found a site (can't link to other sites yet, search engine: "interesting facts about nintendo" and click the 3rd result), which says a real life person that Mario was based on. I'm going to cite that and use that last name, and then also cite the film and use "Mario"
Old 02-18-2009, 07:29 PM   #10
Saru786
Enter Sandman

Quote:
Then I don't know why Nintendo just doesn't say it. I won't be convinced until they say it, they haven't. They might put into games, maybe only to shock Nintendo fans, but I'm still not sure.

Mario was the mascot of Nintendo, and Nintendo probably liked him more than Luigi, so they called it Mario brothers. Doesn't it sound weird when you say Luigi Brothers? :/

They might named Mario Mario and Luigi Mario in the cartoon, I'm talking about why Nintendo just doesn't say it. They just show it, and maybe only to surprise Nintendo fans.
Closed Thread