Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment

Notices

Media Entertainment Discuss Movies, Music, TV, Books, Comics and anything related to Media Entertainment.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 07:19 PM   #1
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
The Beatles

What do you think of them?
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
Siberianhusky89
Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Siberianhusky89 We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

I'd be careful Elle Fanning. I made the same exact topic a while ago and well... Let's just say it wasn't too friend "T_T

Anyhow, I think The Beatles are one of the biggest impacts of the rock World. Without them, it would be a possibility (a large one and I'm not stating it as fact) that other bands such as Led Zeppelin (They probably hate Stairway, can't blame them though), Queen, The Monkeys, The Rolling Stones, ect... wouldn't have happened. They impacted the Rock World majorly, the reason I say that is because this. They were a huge hit in America as a rock band, England realized their popularity and that influenced them to follow what the Beatles did, A.K.A The British Invasion. There were other reasons for the British Invasion, however, The Beatles' success was a huge impact. They were creative with their lyrics, music, and such. Technical skill was pretty good in some ways. George Harrison was pretty impressive on the guitar. Paul's skills on the guitar wasn't too much, his skill on bass was great (Mostly creative-wise), and his piano playing was creative however, one of his song shows a power of technical skill and such. John Lennon was great with lyrics, good with guitar, not great at piano but could find his way around, played harmonica too, he was kind of an all-rounder since he played many instruments. Ringo Starr... He wasn't the greatest drummer, however, his timing skills were great. Technical-wise, he wasn't too good, a few songs have some creative drum beats such as Come Together, A Day In The Life, Rain (One of his favorites), and maybe a couple others. He could play some other instruments, probably not as well as the others, but he still had a charm upon him.

Anyhow, I love The Beatles and think they are a great band, if people think that they're overrated, that doesn't make the game any lesser

Fact: Did you know that The Beatles were a major influence on Shigesato Itoi's (Creator of Earthbound) life?

My Favorite Beatles songs: You Never Give Me Your Money, Strawberry Fields Forever, For No One, In My Life, A Day In The Life.

My first Beatles song: Hello, Goodbye.

The most overrated Beatles song: Yellow Submarine (Everyone seems to know it)
Old 02-24-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
SeanMi
Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

SeanMi has a spectacular aura aboutSeanMi has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: SeanMi-ghty
I only like some of there songs.
To say without there music the bands you mentioned would never exist is stretching it. They may have influenced the way they sound, but again, its not known.
But there are many other bands better then the beatles imo.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen

Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
Actually Sean, The Rolling Stones would not exist. I read somewhere that the Beatles wrote their first song that made them famous.

What happened when you made it husky?

My favorite songs are Blackbird, Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, All You Need is Love, and Strawberry Fields Forever

My first song from them was Help!
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
-Chris Rice-
Old 02-24-2009, 11:39 PM   #5
Siberianhusky89
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Fanning View Post
Actually Sean, The Rolling Stones would not exist. I read somewhere that the Beatles wrote their first song that made them famous.

What happened when you made it husky?

My favorite songs are Blackbird, Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, All You Need is Love, and Strawberry Fields Forever

My first song from them was Help!
Let's just say that there aren't too many Beatles fans here "^^ Basically, I gave my opinion as the Beatles being a great band and such and people disliked that, but it was handled well in the end. Anyhow, one band that was literally based off The Beatles and would pretty much 99% chance wouldn't exist is The Monkeys.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:57 PM   #6
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen

Awards Showcase

Oh... That sucks!

The Beatles are an awesome band. I know alot of people that hate John Lennon though...
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
-Chris Rice-
Old 02-25-2009, 01:22 AM   #7
Siberianhusky89
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Quote:
Oh... That sucks!

The Beatles are an awesome band. I know alot of people that hate John Lennon though...
I'm not sure why. All he wanted was peace and love around the World D: Is that so wrong? I bet if they hear the song Imagine, they'd love it. I remember once I got attacked and some kid called John Lennon a Communist or some crap. It was very... Ugh "o.o
Old 02-25-2009, 01:44 AM   #8
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberianhusky89 View Post
I'm not sure why. All he wanted was peace and love around the World D: Is that so wrong? I bet if they hear the song Imagine, they'd love it. I remember once I got attacked and some kid called John Lennon a Communist or some crap. It was very... Ugh "o.o
Yeah, I don't get what is up with that... I also do not get why that guy killed him... I read about it, and it was pretty interesting.

It said that when the person left work, he checked out as "John Lennon".

I did not read the whole thing though, because it was 6 AM and I had to go to bed.
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
-Chris Rice-
Old 02-25-2009, 02:10 AM   #9
Siberianhusky89
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Quote:
Yeah, I don't get what is up with that... I also do not get why that guy killed him... I read about it, and it was pretty interesting.

It said that when the person left work, he checked out as "John Lennon".

I did not read the whole thing though, because it was 6 AM and I had to go to bed.
No worries, I'll tell you what happened. Basically, the guy who killed John read a book called the Catcher And The Rye. The Catcher And The Rye is a very odd story that was about this kid named Holden Caulfield. He's rebellious and such. Anyhow, the story's depiction was this. He called everyone a phony and despised them for it, however, he never realized that he was a phony himself. He hid his feelings about his brother dieing and there were other things as well. Anyhow, he depicted John Lennon as a phony as well, speaking of how to change the World and how to be good to people and such, however, apparently (from what he believed), John Lennon wasn't true to his word by listening to the ones he wrote.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:22 AM   #10
Xenon
The Space Pope
Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Master Ball

My Mood: Spaced
Xenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 4

Elle, I don't personally like them. However, my grandparents do, because my grandmother wanted to go and see their concert, but my grandfather wouldn't let her 'cause she was pregnant with my Dad!!