Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Technical Support > Nintendo

Notices

Nintendo Post any Nintendo related support questions here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 02:02 AM   #1
Zack
Goomba
Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1

Zack is an unknown quantity at this point

Power supply for my old nintendo

Hi.

Sorry I am I posting in the wrong forum, if so please move it to the right one - thanks.

Well, I am looking for a power supply for my ooooooooooooooolld nintendo..

I am not sure what this kind of console I have, since it is rather old, or if I am the only one in the world left with such a old console, but here it is.
( I cant enter a real url, since I havent made 15 posts yet ? lol )

beau-coup . com / Images / nintendo-nes-box.jpg

I live in europe, denmark to be exact, and I am looking for a power supply, the one I have know keep switching off when I play, and sometimes I can't get it to work at all.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2009, 04:05 AM   #2
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 23,420, Level: 94 Points: 23,420, Level: 94 Points: 23,420, Level: 94
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 37

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
Hey. I think you're talking about the NES (Nintendo Entertainment System).
What exactly are you looking for? Is it the chord that goes into the power socket on the wall? I'm just not sure what you mean by 'power supply'.

Last edited by AlloftheAbove; 03-02-2009 at 04:19 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:16 AM   #3
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
That is a system issue, not a cord issue.

If you know how to solder, open up the system and look for any parts are loose or off, if they are just solder them back on. If none are loose, you might need to buy new resistors, or power strips or something. There is also a cable in the system connected to the power fuse that could have came unplugged, if that happened just plug it back in. If you don't know how to solder, PM me and I can try to help find the problem.

If you still want to get cables, PM me.
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Old 03-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #4
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

I believe he means he doesn't have one. If I remember correctly an SNES power cord will work in your NES.

Maybe its SNES and N64 that use the same, I don't remember

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:48 PM   #5
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen

Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
His post says "the one I have now keeps switching off" So he does have some
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
-Chris Rice-
Old 03-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #6
Zack
Goomba

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your replys.. sorry for my sucky explanation, it is english words I have not been using before, so I am having problems explaining myself

Yes alloftheabove, it is in fact a NES Nintendo Entertainment System, and cord sounds correct, thanks

It is the wire going from the power socket to the nintendo, in other words, the wire that is powering the nintendo,

My cord is a wire from the power socket to a squared black transformer in the middle, and another wire going in to the nintendo. don't know if it is the same in the us ?. remember I am from europe, your wires / outlets could differ from the european nintendo.

yes Elle Fanning, I actually do have a cord, but the bit of wire going from the transformer to the console, have been gnawed pretty good by a chincilla I had some years ago, I guess whats why it was stored in my attic for the last 10 years. Anyway, it is pretty messed up, I guess thats why I dosent work, or at least not for long.

What happens exactly was, I got it to work for like 20 mins.. then it just switched of, and made the tv looks like it was turned on, but without any signals going into the tv.. even that the red button on the NES Console was on.. really odd.. then I fiddled with the wire and it worked again, just to switch of again.. and then I fiddled with it for an hour or so.. and got really mad, and went to bed.. when I got up again in the morning, I got it to work for like 1 min.. and the signal went away again..

I guess SNES is a console to ?, if the cord is the same, I guess I can just buy one for a snes consol ?

Also, the wire that is connecting the console with the tv, it is just a normal "tv" wire, going in to the tv like the tv signal does.
Is it possible to get a wire with a "scart" outlet instead ?, that would really make it easier to play, so I don't have to search the tv for the nintendo signal everytime I want to play, that is, If I ever get it to work LOL

NB. this is a "scart plug" don't know if it is called the same ind english.

I can't post urls so I need to chop the link into bits )

img . kelkoo.com / dk/medium/242/038/120942906798873017918107494606626038242.jpg

Thanks for listening / helping.

Zack

Last edited by Zack; 03-02-2009 at 11:48 PM. Reason: typos
Old 03-02-2009, 11:38 PM   #7
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen

Awards Showcase

Try nintendorepairshop.com or any console modding website should sell spare parts
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
-Chris Rice-
Old 03-03-2009, 12:07 AM   #8
Zack
Goomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Fanning View Post
Try nintendorepairshop.com or any console modding website should sell spare parts
I will contact them, and ask if the sell them with european plugs.

Thanks for your help.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:36 PM   #9
Zack
Goomba

Elle, do you know anyone from nintendorepairshop.com ?

I tryed to contact them, but I diddent get a reply
Old 03-03-2009, 07:48 PM   #10
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
Elle, do you know anyone from nintendorepairshop.com ?

I tryed to contact them, but I diddent get a reply
They respond within 48 hours
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
-Chris Rice-
Closed Thread