Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > Debate Forum

Notices

Debate Forum This is the Debate forum engage in serious debates here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 06:23 AM   #1
Xenon
The Space Pope
Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Master Ball

My Mood: Spaced
Xenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 4

Where did we come from?

I'm fourteen, and a devout Christian. However, I do believe in the Big Bang. I believe that God created the Big Bang and set nine billion years in motion before he created the Earth. When he created the Earth, I think we interpret the book of Genesis too literally. It's a very early form of Hebrew poetry, that was written for a different language, so I think we need to be very careful when reading it. I believe that Creationism and Evolution fit together and form a working theory of the way our world was created.

People assume that when he spoke things into existence, they happened instantaneously. I disagree- it says in the Bible that "a day to God is like a thousand years". I think that each of the seven days was a lot longer than twenty-four hours, and I also believe that we are in the seventh day now... I could go into more detail, but I won't.

So... What are you guys thoughts on it? Do you have a differing explanation of the Creation of the universe?

Last edited by Princess Elle; 03-20-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #2
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 35,117, Level: 100 Points: 35,117, Level: 100 Points: 35,117, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award NFF's 4th Annual Award 
Total Awards: 12

Why wouldn't you go into more detail? Is it because you couldn't, because i couldn't see no reason why. God, didn't create the big bang, it happened because of the rocks colliding blah blah,, all the old story. But, what i want to know is, why people believe in God, reasons why i don't -

The Bible could be completely made up, for all we know.
If people believe that Jesus could bring people back from the dead, which is basically magic, why don't people believe in magic tricks these days?

Before i use all my reasons i'll wait to see what you've got against those,,

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Old 03-10-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
Ender
Don't mess wif him
Points: 3,031, Level: 33 Points: 3,031, Level: 33 Points: 3,031, Level: 33
User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Tanooki Suit

My Mood: Nerdy
Ender is a jewel in the roughEnder is a jewel in the roughEnder is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF 1st Annual Award NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 2

Xbox Live Gamertag: batmanbirdboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawler View Post
I'm fourteen, and a devout Christian. However, I do believe in the Big Bang. I believe that God created the Big Bang and set nine billion years in motion before he created the Earth. When he created the Earth, I think we interpret the book of Genesis too literally. It's a very early form of Hebrew poetry, that was written for a different language, so I think we need to be very careful when reading it. I believe that Creationism and Evolution fit together and form a working theory of the way our world was created.

People assume that when he spoke things into existence, they happened instantaneously. I disagree- it says in the Bible that "a day to God is like a thousand years". I think that each of the seven days was a lot longer than twenty-four hours, and I also believe that we are in the seventh day now... I could go into more detail, but I won't.

So... What are you guys thoughts on it? Do you have a differing explanation of the Creation of the universe?
My thoughts?
I think you are a blasphemer, and I believe the Bible is one hundred percent accurate.
Especially the fact that Genesis says that animals were created as company for man, but then says man was created last.
And the historical fact that God first created light, and separated day from night, and then a couple of days later created the sun and all the stars (basically other suns with planets of their own....all this in one day though)

If we judge one book of the Bible to be false, what is stopping other blasphemers from declaring such things about the entire Bible?
Old 03-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
Skullz
Points: 8,587, Level: 62 Points: 8,587, Level: 62 Points: 8,587, Level: 62
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet

Skullz has a spectacular aura aboutSkullz has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Didn't someone make a topic like this already?
Old 03-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #5
SeanMi
Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

SeanMi has a spectacular aura aboutSeanMi has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: SeanMi-ghty
Well, considering the Big Bang, i do think it happened. But we will never know.

But the more i think about it it makes there seem more likely there is a god. If rocks collided, where did they come from? The Big Bang is described as a supernatural event. All the more reason something had to have created those rocks, energy, etc.

Now i don't know if the bible is correct, it could be made up. But regardless people believe in it, so we should respect that.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryn1030 View Post
Why wouldn't you go into more detail? Is it because you couldn't, because i couldn't see no reason why. God, didn't create the big bang, it happened because of the rocks colliding blah blah,, all the old story. But, what i want to know is, why people believe in God, reasons why i don't -

The Bible could be completely made up, for all we know.
If people believe that Jesus could bring people back from the dead, which is basically magic, why don't people believe in magic tricks these days?
It was protons not rocks...

I do not think the 'Big Bang' created the universe, mainly because it is like a 1 in over a billion chance of it happening. I also think scientists will try to find anything to rule out the existence of god.

But we might never know if it was correct or not. It might be one of those things that have no real explanation. I also don't get why people think it is a huge deal to find out how we got here. They should just be happy that we are here.
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Old 03-10-2009, 06:21 PM   #7
SeanMi
Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

SeanMi has a spectacular aura aboutSeanMi has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: SeanMi-ghty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Fanning View Post
It was protons not rocks...

I do not think the 'Big Bang' created the universe, mainly because it is like a 1 in over a billion chance of it happening. I also think scientists will try to find anything to rule out the existence of god.

But we might never know if it was correct or not. It might be one of those things that have no real explanation. I also don't get why people think it is a huge deal to find out how we got here. They should just be happy that we are here.
im sure they are happy were here. But i would want to know how it all started. Now, im not going to waste my life thinking about it or trying to find out, but i would be interested in knowing.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:42 AM   #8
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 21,934, Level: 92 Points: 21,934, Level: 92 Points: 21,934, Level: 92
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month News Reporter 
Total Awards: 36

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
I don't know how someone created the theory of the big bang. I just don't get it.
Personally, I don't believe it.
@Kryn, yes the Bible COULD have been made up. But the point of being Christian is faith. Faith is trust and confidence in a spiritual apprehension, rather than relying on proof.

I think that the start of the book of Genesis could possibly be a form of poetry of how things started, not a recount.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:03 AM   #9
Xenon
The Space Pope

Xenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase

Guys, I want your thoughts, not slander for my religious beliefs.

As well as being poetry, the Bible was also written in Hebrew, so some things could possibly be lost in translation.

As for Kryn, I can go into more detail. Like, you might have heard of Pangaea, the super-continent? If you haven't, then basically it was the period of time where all the land was in one massive continent that spanned two continents, and then it broke apart and formed all the continents.
In the Bible, it says "Let the water be gathered to one place". If the water is gathered to one place, then the land must gather to one place also. This could be Pangaea.

I don't know what to believe about things like the dinosaurs, but I order everybody to completely ignore a dude called Kent Hovind, if you come across him.

Besides, how am I a blasphemer, Ender? God gave us the ability to formulate our own thoughts and opinions...

Last edited by Xenon; 03-13-2009 at 01:25 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:05 AM   #10
Xenon
The Space Pope

Awards Showcase

And people, I'm gonna correct you all when I state that the Big Bang theory is not "two rocks colliding". Not even protons, like Elle said, but she is on the right track.