Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Sony PlayStation

Notices

Sony PlayStation Post anything relating to Sony PlayStation here.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 34,850, Level: 100 Points: 34,850, Level: 100 Points: 34,850, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award NFF's 4th Annual Award 
Total Awards: 12

Resident Evil 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAME
The biohazard threat has not ended: Just when it seemed that the menace of Resident Evil had been destroyed, along comes Resident Evil 5 on PS3 to send shivers down player's spines.
Returning Resident Evil hero Chris Redfield has followed the path of the evil literally around the globe. Now a member of the Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance, Resident Evil 5 for PlayStation 3 sees Chris head to Africa where the latest bioterrorism threat is literally transforming the population into mindless, maddened monstrosities. In Resident Evil 5 on PS3 Chris, together with fellow BSAA agent Sheva Alomar, must discover the truth behind this evil plot.
The sequel to one of the highest-rated videogames on Metacritic.com and Gamerankings.com, Resident Evil 5 on PlayStation 3 promises to revolutionise the series by delivering an unbelievable level of detail, realism and control. Featuring all-new co-operative online and splitscreen gameplay, adrenaline-pumping action and a story that sheds new light on Umbrella's origins, Resident Evil 5 for PS3 will redefines Survival Horror for a new generation of gamers.
Resident Evil 5 Case (EU)
Spoiler

Resident Evil 5 Case (US)
Spoiler

Limited Edition Steelbook Case (EU)
Spoiler

Limited Edition Collectors Tin (US)
Spoiler

The Resident Evil 5 PS3 Steelbook Edition contains a Making of Resident Evil 5 DVD.

Release Date: 13/03/09 (EU) (Friday the 13th >_>)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
Produced by series veteran Jun Takeuchi, this next-generation follow-up to the terrifying series introduces the theme of escape as its core survival instinct. As Chris Redfield (former S.T.A.R.S. member and now part of the BSAA unit), your life is in danger as you strive to complete your most dangerous mission yet in a sweltering desert colony where a new breed of evil has been unleashed. Swarms of marauding evil beings will charge at you when your pulse is racing at a heart-shattering pace. Environments will play a bigger factor than ever here, using the power of next-gen systems to create a world where terror might lurk in any alcove or shadow. Powerful lighting effects overwhelm the player with mirage movement and blinding brilliance, and even in the light of day, there is no safe haven in this Resident Evil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAME
Resident Evil 5 takes place in a nondescript part of Africa, with the starring role taken by original Resident Evil lead man Chris Redfield, now working for the Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance. Since the collapse of Umbrella, the corporation's research has gone global, and it's up to people like Chris and his new partner, fellow BSAA agent Sheva Alomar, to wade into bioweapon hotspots and shut them down.
Every scene is equally fraught; every conflict an adrenaline-pumping alacrity of adapt-or-die anarchy.
But it's soon apparent that this sandy, shanty town of wooden shacks and corrugated metal rooftops is hiding an altogether more sinister secret. Indeed, events soon take a turn for the decidedly deadly, as the pair stumble upon a bloody execution scene, only to see the infected crowd swiftly turning towards our heroes, baying for blood.
Like Resident Evil 4's opening village area, the phrase 'in at the deep end' seems fitting. Finding yourself penned indoors, you dart around foraging for ammo and health-giving herbs, push bookcases in front of doors and pick off the weapon-wielding hordes one-by-one as they climb through windows… but slowly, you find yourself being overwhelmed.
Then all hell breaks loose. The enormous axe-lugging executioner slams through the wall and you're forced to improvise – diving out of a window, pelting away, then quick-turning to take aim at something – anything – which might do damage. As rabid villagers close in, you spot an electric generator, and let rip with your handgun – sending a shower of sparks across a pathway. But still they keep coming. Still that axe trundles ominously closer, forcing you upwards, bounding across rooftops; until finally Kirk the handy chopper guy (surely a relative of Mike!) shows up with handy-timed rocket-propelled help.

And that's just the first area. We played Resident Evil 5 for a solid three hours, and every scene is equally fraught; every conflict an adrenaline-pumping alacrity of adapt-or-die anarchy. And that's not including the bosses – gruesome freaks of nature, each of which you'll need to figure out the trick to defeating, in the grand tradition of gaming's best end-of-level guardians.
Given the situation, it's a good thing you're not alone. Sheva is integral to progressing through Resident Evil 5, with that contentious co-operative mechanic seamlessly interwoven into the game's puzzles, weapons, health and combat. You can switch her between ammo-consuming Attack and a more cautious Cover mode, but that's it – so fans need not worry; this is no Ghost Recon.
It strikes the balance all great shooters strive for – between feeling inhumanely powerful, and mortally vulnerable.
But it is intelligent. Sheva takes care of herself, heals you when needed, and can be sent off to flip switches and cover you on high with brilliant branching level design. Resident Evil 5 is also incredibly immersive. The backdrops here feel more real than in Resi 4, and even the more 'gamey' aspects are less apparent. Where Resi 4's travelling weapon salesman felt out of place, popping up at random, Resident Evil 5 lets you purchase weapons, health and ammo between chapters only. It's less arcadey, then, and together with an inventory screen which doesn't pause play, it strikes the balance all great shooters strive for – between feeling inhumanely powerful, and mortally vulnerable.
In truth, Resident Evil 5 plays not unlike Gears of War, presenting the same combination of gritty gunplay, ammo management and mid-battle resuscitation. The four control types even offer the option for a Gears-inspired setup. Switching to this after half an hour with the classic controls felt much more natural. It left us wondering how we'd ever played Resi 4 without it.

Having said that, the shadow of Resi 4 does loom large over Resident Evil 5. The two are very similar – heavy on action and lite on puzzles – meaning those who miss Resi's old-style exploration and abstract item hunting will still be left wanting. But then, that's sort of the point; Resident Evil 5 solidifies the series' new direction with jaw-dropping HD assuredness. Everything from the visuals to the frenzied gameplay, partner A.I. to the potential for 30 hours of co-op action, and even the neat little 'History of Resident Evil' story snippets in the loading screens makes this scream 'must have' for anyone lucky enough to be 18 and over.
Survival Horror is dead, then. Long live Survival Horror.

Preview by: Mark 'Where's The Shotgun?!' Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAME Interviews
Capcom's Leo Tan answers 13 frightening Resi-related questions...

Hi Leo. You're Capcom's PR guru – what does that involve?

Obtaining top coverage for all of our titles, attending shows such as E3 & Tokyo Games Show plus trips to our development HQ in Osaka to get a sneak peak at what our incredibly talented teams will be bringing you in years to come.

And what have you been working on with Resident Evil 5?

Demoing the game to the press, recording gameplay footage for TV shows, working with our partners at Sony and Microsoft, basically anything to ensure the game is in the public eye.

In the GAME office, we often shout out 'MIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE' when things go wrong. Which is, of course, from Resi 4. What's your favourite Resi quote?

I'm going to have to go back to the original game and the immortal line 'Barry, where's Barry?'

Any choice lines from Resident Evil 5 we could get an advanced preview of?

As you can imagine, Wesker has some suitably Machiavellian lines, but I don't want to spoil them for you.
Resident Evil has traditionally been a selfish experience. Now it is a case of if Sheva or Chris dies it is GAME OVER, so the tension is now increased.

Resident Evil 5 is quite a different experience from the old Resident Evils. How would you describe the shift, and what was the thinking behind it?

With RE4 the team definitely placed a greater emphasis on action and this has been further expanded on in RE5. The first Resident Evil game was released in 1996 and in the intervening years not much was changed as new titles were added to the series yet other games had come along and brought with them quicker and more action based gameplay. So with RE4 the team realised it was time for radical overhaul.

Co-op play is of course the big new feature in Resident Evil 5. What's that going to bring to the formula?

The need to think about someone else. Sure you had to look after Ashley for part of the game in RE4, but Resident Evil has traditionally been a selfish experience. Now it is a case of if Sheva or Chris dies it is GAME OVER, so the tension is now increased as you are reliant on your partner being there for you. In terms of gameplay, the addition of co-op has allowed the development team to create new action and puzzle elements that require two people to complete them. But don't worry, if you are not able to play RE5 online, in single player AI controlled Sheva will watch your back.

Some fans are worried that Resi 5 will lose that famous 'Survival Horror' feeling of isolated terror. What's your response to that?

Having participated in the online testing for the game I can tell you that partnering with someone on the other side of the world where communication is limited to head set chat certainly is tense, especially when you have reached critical health and are shouting for Sheva to get to you before time runs out.

Aiming whilst stood still. Seems a controversial decision. What was the thinking?

While other games offer the ability to run & gun, RE5 has stuck to the formula of taking aim and making your shot count as this is one of the key features that has been prevalent throughout all Resident Evil titles and is something that really adds to the tension.
Enemies are not traditional shuffling, groaning zombies. They are far quicker, more intelligent, in keeping with the faster paced gameplay.

The enemies in Resident Evil 5 aren't your run-of-the-mill zombies. What are they?

It's true to say that the enemies are not the traditional shuffling, arms out-stretched, groaning zombies. They are far quicker, more intelligent which is in keeping with the faster paced gameplay. Naturally RE5 will also include many traditional boss enemies, immense and grotesque aberrations of nature, to test players' gaming skills.

Are proper zombies (if you'll excuse the pun) dead now, as far as being included in future Resi games goes?

I think it is unlikely, but if you are a fan of the this type of enemy then you can always check out Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop.

Any future Downloadable Content lined up for Resident Evil 5?

It is certainly something that the team is considering, but I can't confirm anything right now.

We've got the Resident Evil back-catalogue and an in-depth History article on the website. Which of the old Resi's is regarded the highest in Capcom HQ, and which is your fave?

If you ask the R&D guys at Capcom then it you'll always get a different answer as everyone has their own personal favourite. For me, it has to be Code Veronica.

Lastly, back to the Resi 4 quotes - can you compare insect life to humans, do you think?

I think Leon was probably right on that one.

He always is. Thanks Leo.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
SeanMi
Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

SeanMi has a spectacular aura aboutSeanMi has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: SeanMi-ghty
damn, thats alot of info lol.
Can't wait for the game. (well, i did for over a month already lol).
Comes out 2 days before my birthday!
Old 03-14-2009, 05:44 AM   #3
SegaSlayer33
Finishing the Fight
Points: 21,468, Level: 92 Points: 21,468, Level: 92 Points: 21,468, Level: 92
User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x SNES Controller

My Mood: Thinking
SegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enoughSegaSlayer33 will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Game Reviewer 

PSN ID: Get your own Xbox Live Gamertag: Get your own
When i get this game it is going to be EPIC!

To see an index of my review, click here
Latest review: Ristar
SegaSlayer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:39 PM   #4
SeanMi
Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

SeanMi has a spectacular aura aboutSeanMi has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster NFF Debater 

PSN ID: SeanMi-ghty
Yay i got it friday!. Its really good, i recommend it.
Not as good as RE4, because thats one of the best games of all time, but RE5 is great. The online will be super fun!
Old 03-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #5
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 34,850, Level: 100 Points: 34,850, Level: 100 Points: 34,850, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award NFF's 4th Annual Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegaSlayer33 View Post
When i get this game it is going to be EPIC!
I got it on the 12th and so far it hasn't really been epic,, =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMi View Post
Yay i got it friday!. Its really good, i recommend it.
Not as good as RE4, because thats one of the best games of all time, but RE5 is great. The online will be super fun!
Yeah, not as good as RE4. The online is great, played it with a friend earlier today.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,073, Level: 69 Points: 11,073, Level: 69 Points: 11,073, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 

I like it, but mainly because now I have an Xbox 360 that matches my DS. Yes I bought the Resident Evil 5 special edition Crimson and Black 360.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

SirManguydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #7
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirManguydude View Post
I like it, but mainly because now I have an Xbox 360 that matches my DS. Yes I bought the Resident Evil 5 special edition Crimson and Black 360.
Nice one, i reviewed this game if anyone's interested,, *points to member review section*

Old 04-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #8
DarkLegacy
Points: 1,868, Level: 25 Points: 1,868, Level: 25 Points: 1,868, Level: 25
User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Shuriken
User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Brooding
DarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty Signature of the Month Poster NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 4

PSN ID: Jordeh59
When I get my ps3 I'm deifnately geting this game!
Along with GTA4 And other games

Tag by me
DarkLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:57 PM   #9
Sihk_Sketch
Nintendo Knight
Points: 876, Level: 15 Points: 876, Level: 15 Points: 876, Level: 15
User owns 1x Rupee Bag

Sihk_Sketch is on a distinguished road

PSN ID: Stitched_Sketch
I tried the demo of this game out.
I hate it.
It feels like RE4: Africa Edition or something.

I also hate the way you choose guns and stuff now.

I hope those who got it are enjoying it though.

Excitebots: 2621-8977-3618
Call of Duty World at War FC: 0087-5853-8354
Sihk_Sketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:21 AM   #10
XIII
Points: 426, Level: 8 Points: 426, Level: 8 Points: 426, Level: 8
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote

My Mood: Cheerful
XIII We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

Send a message via AIM to XIII Send a message via MSN to XIII Send a message via Yahoo to XIII PSN ID: DannyX13 Xbox Live Gamertag: N/A
sigh its not the same re games i played and grow up with no more horror all actiony is a good game but true fans might not enjoy it as much as newcomers to the series

XIII is offline   Reply With Quote