Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Retro Consoles > Super Nintendo

Notices

Super Nintendo Super Nintendo section post here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
Siberianhusky89
Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Siberianhusky89 We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past

To be honest, I don't usually like posting games that people know about, but whatever keeps you reading I guess.

The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past is a Zelda game that's obviously for the SNES or it wouldn't be posted here. You are Link (Like in pretty much all the other Zelda games) and you must go out and save Princess Zelda. Let's start on the basic stuff first.

Storyline: The storyline is familiar to people who know Zelda. Ganon wants the triforce so he can make his wish to rule the World while Zelda tries to stop Zelda along with the hero, Link. Anyhow, the story begins with Princess Zelda being imprisoned. Zelda uses telepathy to tell the hero and his uncle that she is being held against her will and she must be rescued. Link's uncle tells him to remain in the house while he goes out, and so he sets out with his sword and shield. Of course, Link doesn't listen and goes off to follow his uncle anyhow. After finding his uncle whom is lieing on the floor, near death, he hands Link the sword and shield. Link then takes the sword and shield while raising it in glee and happyness while his uncle is dyeing right next to him. Anyhow, basically, you have to save Zelda, get the 3 stones that make up the Triforce, and then save these 7 Crystals which are basically like sages and defeat Ganon and his minions.

Gameplay: The gameplay is an overhead view and you can move up, down, left, right, etc... You swing your sword and hold still to use your shield, though you can only block certain things. Like in the other Zelda games, you have to get new items in order to help solve puzzles and to get to new locations and such. The game's difficulty is actually hard and in my opinion, I think that's a good thing and provides plenty of challenge to the game. Anyhow, it's really fun and creative. You go to dungeons, solve puzzles, kick ass, and also have fun mini-games, side-quests that make up a Zelda game, not too much talking to do, though, the story still keeps you a bit interested.

Graphics: The graphics were pretty clean and clear, pretty good for Super Nintendo standards (Not the most impressive, but still pretty good), you can tell different things apart and it is finely detailed.

Music: The music in the game is classic Zelda music. Most of it of course, is good, some of it, is just there.

Anyhow, you guys probably already know alot about this game, especially since it was ported to the GBA. So, video time.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
Saru786
Enter Sandman
Points: 7,638, Level: 58 Points: 7,638, Level: 58 Points: 7,638, Level: 58

Saru786 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Send a message via MSN to Saru786 Send a message via Yahoo to Saru786
I'm not sure if anyone will actually agree with me on this, but I considered this game to be the best Zelda game. The music as you said was pure classic, the storyline was all good, not too interesting, but decent enough for a 3rd Zelda game, the gameplay being overhead is great, really no flaws with that. The graphics I have to agree could have been a bit better, but you can tell one thing to another, which is what actually really matters.

Overall, it was a very exciting game to play and made you feel a lot like Link.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Most people of a certain age would argue that this is the best Zelda.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:18 PM   #4
Saru786
Enter Sandman

And what certain age do you think that would be?
Old 03-20-2009, 07:29 PM   #5
Siberianhusky89
Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Siberianhusky89 We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

He probably refers to around the generation of NES and SNES gamers. Personally, I feel Ocarina Of Time is better, however, this game is still amazing nonetheless.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:53 AM   #6
Jonjosuff ᴥ
Cheers, Jesus.
Points: 826, Level: 15 Points: 826, Level: 15 Points: 826, Level: 15

Jonjosuff ᴥ is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Jonjosuff ᴥ Send a message via Skype™ to Jonjosuff ᴥ Xbox Live Gamertag: KwehKwehKweh
Having not played any Zelda games past the GBA ones, excluding the N64(was that pre-GBA?) I gotta say this is one of the classics. I really enjoyed also the one of the original Gameboy. That basic Zelda theme tune is just fantastic.

It's a shame I haven't gotten into the series, being a Sony and Microsoft person.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:09 AM   #7
~Krystal~
Spiked Punch
Points: 2,388, Level: 29 Points: 2,388, Level: 29 Points: 2,388, Level: 29
User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Inspired
~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice~Krystal~ is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Princess Award 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via AIM to ~Krystal~ Send a message via MSN to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Krystal~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Krystal~
To anyone claiming this Zelda to be the best of them all, you'll get no argument from me. It really is a spectacular timeless classic. The fact that OoT swiped its formula only proves how important this game was to the series. Personally, I'd say Oracle of Ages was the best, but this game does appear to be much more accessible to less experienced gamers while offering a good deal of difficulty. OoA pulls out all the stops from the start, which has frustrated some of the newer players. ALTTP is much more newbie friendly and gradually increases the difficulty.
The human world is but a fragile bubble in an infinitely vast and indifferent universe, isolated by great gulfs of both time and space. Though we consider ourselves masters of all creation, as a species our limited perceptions allow us to see only a fraction of the full range of reality.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #8
Saru786
Enter Sandman

Krystal is right, the difficulty in this game is at a balanced level, it's good for experts at Zelda, aswell for newbies to Zelda. The most secrets a Zelda game has ever had, I feel is in this game, it took me literally about 3 years to finish this game without a single speck of help. Sometimes I used to get stuck at one thing for like 2 months trying to figure it out, running everywhere for a button to open a door and such. Most of the other games it pretty much was obvious what to do, this game just had that explore feeling to it and that proud feeling you get by beating the game yourself without any help.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:21 PM   #9
guineapig64
Mario fan!
Points: 2,285, Level: 28 Points: 2,285, Level: 28 Points: 2,285, Level: 28

My Mood: Happy
guineapig64 is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

I have The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past for my SNES and it is my all time favorite Zelda game.

Pictures of my pets and my collection: http://guineapig64.imgur.com/

My Deviant Art profile: http://guineapig64.deviantart.com/
Old 04-04-2009, 12:16 AM   #10
Master Pancake
HACK THE PLANET!
Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1

Master Pancake is an unknown quantity at this point

I still play this game to this day.
I have owned it since it came out, and I never get tired of it.
I have played all the other Zelda games but I always seem to go back to this one.
Closed Thread