Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > Debate Forum

Notices

Debate Forum This is the Debate forum engage in serious debates here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
Whiskermush
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Super Mushroom

Whiskermush is a jewel in the roughWhiskermush is a jewel in the roughWhiskermush is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Environment Vs Cars

I'd like to know your opinions on this issue. You can either be on the Environmentalists' side and get rid of carbon-emissions cars and come up with other ideas such as the Hybrid, or Air car, Sun car, etc.. or you can be on the Car Industries side and say that the cars keep the economy going so carbon-emissions won't be a problem. With either side it can cause effects in the long run. So what's your opinion?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
Jonjosuff ᴥ
Cheers, Jesus.
Points: 826, Level: 15 Points: 826, Level: 15 Points: 826, Level: 15

Jonjosuff ᴥ is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Jonjosuff ᴥ Send a message via Skype™ to Jonjosuff ᴥ Xbox Live Gamertag: KwehKwehKweh
Earth > Humans, is kinda the suggestion I've gotten when I've grown up. We can rebuild a society but not an earth. If I had a choice between two cars of equal price and quality I'd go for a hybrid.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:14 AM   #3
Xenon
The Space Pope
Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Master Ball

My Mood: Spaced
Xenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 4

Well, there's a car that runs on hydrogen and emits only water vapour. I think that's the future of travel, making almost no need for public transport.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:40 AM   #4
Jonjosuff ᴥ
Cheers, Jesus.

Send a message via MSN to Jonjosuff ᴥ Send a message via Skype™ to Jonjosuff ᴥ Xbox Live Gamertag: KwehKwehKweh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawler View Post
Well, there's a car that runs on hydrogen and emits only water vapour. I think that's the future of travel, making almost no need for public transport.
What about congestion? I thought that was a primary reason for public transport as well?

Old 03-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #5
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,692, Level: 100 Points: 37,692, Level: 100 Points: 37,692, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjosuff ᴥ View Post
What about congestion? I thought that was a primary reason for public transport as well?
Yeah, plus we need public transport, what if people can't drive?

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Old 03-25-2009, 12:51 PM   #6
Whiskermush
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Super Mushroom

Whiskermush is a jewel in the roughWhiskermush is a jewel in the roughWhiskermush is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
Poster 

A Hydrogen Bus might be a suggestion but the government is not going to invest their time in that. >_<
Old 03-26-2009, 06:11 AM   #7
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 23,420, Level: 94 Points: 23,420, Level: 94 Points: 23,420, Level: 94
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 37

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
Environment wins. The dude at the end of The Day the Earth Stood Still did the right thing.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #8
Whiskermush

Awards Showcase
Poster 

So, what would you do about the Car Industries that refuse to have more green cars?
Old 03-26-2009, 09:28 PM   #9
SeanMi
Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50 Points: 5,973, Level: 50
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

SeanMi has a spectacular aura aboutSeanMi has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 3

PSN ID: SeanMi-ghty
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskermush View Post
So, what would you do about the Car Industries that refuse to have more green cars?
uh, not buy there cars......
and the government give them money so they can do the same thing.

People still want trucks and SUV's.

I want a clean planet, but im not gonna bend over backwards. I'll buy a SUV if it meets my needs for what i want in life (ie, camping, travel, etc)
Old 03-27-2009, 07:33 AM   #10
Jonjosuff ᴥ
Cheers, Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMi View Post
People still want trucks and SUV's.
I was wondering about that, when will it be when the difference between what people want and what the Earth needs be seen and implented more clearly. If it means preventing the worsening of global warming (which btw became quite apparently when it went from Wind>Rain>Sun>Sun>Hail>Wind>Sun in one day) in hopes of trying to fix it, I gotta say the selfish part of me to just kinda force them to convert.

Closed Thread