Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Gaming > Multi-Platform Games

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
Siberianhusky89
Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31 Points: 2,740, Level: 31
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Siberianhusky89 We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

King Of Fighters XII

King of Fighters 12 is coming out soon. It looks quite amazing in my opinion, the graphics are amazing and probably the best I've ever seen for 2D drawn characters. As you may or may not know, King of Fighters is a series of 2D fighting games with teams who fight and has many SNK characters (Along with original King of Fighters/KOF characters as well such as the two most famous characters, Kyo Kusanagi and Iori Yagami). The story's main characters have switched between the games from Kyo Kusanagi to K' Prime (A Kyo Kusanagi "clone" who was captured by an organization called NESTs who were doing experiments with Kyo's powers which are a part of his clan's bloodline, and putting the powers into K' Prime. K' Prime is not a CLONE clone, he is a unique character just like everyone else in the game.), to Ash Crimson (A homosexually dressed guy who steals Iori Yagami's blood powers in KOF11 and plays like Guile). SNK makes their games very very well balanced even with those large amount of characters. Some examples of returning characters from other SNK games are Ralf and Clark from Ikari Warriors, Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, and Joe Higashi from Fatal Fury games (Along with other Fatal Fury characters such as Kim or Duck King), Ryo Sazaki, Takuma Sazaki/Mr. Karate, Sakura Sazaki, Robert Garcia, and King from The Art Of Fighting, along with many others. King Of Fighters games used to be distributed in years, however, due to people believing that the new years meant that the old games were "Out of date", they decided to stick with numbers instead.

There will be a console release of King of Fighters 12 along with console characters which haven't yet been revealed. This game has mostly been concentrated on it's gameplay and graphics, they have even allowed players in the U.S.A (The first time SNK has ever done this) test this game out as well in arcade format.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2009, 07:01 PM   #2
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

Dan is way better then Ryo! KoF would be better if they stopped stealing from SF! Game plays and feels like SF, and a bunch of the characters are knock-offs of SF characters.

There is a reason they don't make anymore SNK vs. Street Fighter games anymore cause knock-off can't stand up to the real thing.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
Jonjosuff ᴥ
Cheers, Jesus.
Points: 826, Level: 15 Points: 826, Level: 15 Points: 826, Level: 15

Jonjosuff ᴥ is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Jonjosuff ᴥ Send a message via Skype™ to Jonjosuff ᴥ Xbox Live Gamertag: KwehKwehKweh
Reminds me so much of Street Fighter .-.;

Nice try though, I remember playing SFvSNK and it was a pretty good game. I really enjoyed there characters.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
Siberianhusky89
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirManguydude View Post
Dan is way better then Ryo! KoF would be better if they stopped stealing from SF! Game plays and feels like SF, and a bunch of the characters are knock-offs of SF characters.

There is a reason they don't make anymore SNK vs. Street Fighter games anymore cause knock-off can't stand up to the real thing.
I disagree friend. I've never seen any characters like Terry Bogard, Joe Higashi, Andy Bogard, Daimon, Kyo Kusanagi, Benimaru, Iori Yagami, Vice, Mature, Athena, Kensou, Clark, Ralf, Seth, Kim, Chang, Choi, K' Prime, Maxima, Kula, Whip, King, Shermie, Chris, Shingo, Lucky, Duck King, Blue Mary (Tooo complex for a Street Fighter game), Vanessa (The closest thing would be Balrog except she's not a charge character at all, nor does she play like him... At all), Heavy D, Shen, Bao, Raimon, Takuma, and other characters that are most likely missing. Maybe there are a few characters that are similar, but I don't really see any resemblance. Ryo is suppose to be a shoto character because they usually have at least 1 in every fighting game. Yuri came BEFORE Sakura, so Sakura stole from them, but she was meant to be a character that has alot of moves only crappy versions of them that could be mixed up. Robert... I have no idea, I haven't really seen too many things that he knocks off. Anyhow, they usually have 1 type of Shoto or Guile type of character in fighting games or usually add them later on. But if you think it's a knock off, then please, provide some evidence, however, considering that I have played both King Of Fighter games along with Street Fighter games... I highly doubt you have any. Also, Street Fighter 4 was a disgrace to fighting games in my honest opinion.

P.S. Street Fighter 4 stole somewhat from King of Fighters. Viper's electric ball from her hand? That's like Benimaru's. The way she slams the ground like that? That's a move Daimon uses. Abel's spinning kick in the air? Terry Bogard's Crackshot much? Rufus is probably the most original character of the new character lists, and El Feurte the suckiest.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:06 PM   #5
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 

Your going to have simularities between characters but SNK came out and said "Ryo is us making fun of SF's Ryu." Funny enough Capcom came up with Dan who makes fun or a bunch of KoF characters, with his pure suck move. But then again Dan is the most loved character EVER!

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:19 PM   #6
Siberianhusky89
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Quote:
Your going to have simularities between characters but SNK came out and said "Ryo is us making fun of SF's Ryu." Funny enough Capcom came up with Dan who makes fun or a bunch of KoF characters, with his pure suck move. But then again Dan is the most loved character EVER!
Cause Ryu is abused very often... Anyhow, Ryo is a good character in my opinion... Anyhow, it's ironic Dan is loved when nobody ever plays him and the few that do, do love him... I don't like Dan's personality much, but he's a fun and good character to use.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:25 PM   #7
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Who doesn't like his Haidoken? No one cause its just a punch extension, which actually does a lot of damage. Now if we are talking abused characters it is Ken. Everyone uses him online and SPAMs his Dragon Punch.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:31 PM   #8
Siberianhusky89
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Quote:
Who doesn't like his Haidoken? No one cause its just a punch extension, which actually does a lot of damage. Now if we are talking abused characters it is Ken. Everyone uses him online and SPAMs his Dragon Punch.
Both are abused, here are the most abused.

Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Zangief, and Sagat. If they're not using those characters, someone found something else that's cheap about a character such as Balrog's high priority and damage that can go through hadoukens and such with his Ex mode. Anyhow, I do agree that people do abuse Ken like a bitch online, but still, I really don't see the similarities between Street Fighter which has 5+ shoto characters, a few grab characters, a couple combo characters, and mostly hold characters. KOF has almost no hold characters, as a matter a fact, the only hold character I've seen so far is Ash Crimson...
Old 04-15-2009, 12:28 AM   #9
SonicTHP
Points: 115, Level: 2 Points: 115, Level: 2 Points: 115, Level: 2

SonicTHP is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to SonicTHP PSN ID: SonicTHP Xbox Live Gamertag: SonicTHP
When KoFXII hits, expect to see lots of Terry, Iori, Joe, and Ralf.

Terry I think has the most potential for people to sort of pick up and play him. Iori's just a fan favorite (me included).

Regardless, I look forward to KoFXII a whole bunch right now.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:09 AM   #10
Siberianhusky89
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicTHP View Post
When KoFXII hits, expect to see lots of Terry, Iori, Joe, and Ralf.

Terry I think has the most potential for people to sort of pick up and play him. Iori's just a fan favorite (me included).

Regardless, I look forward to KoFXII a whole bunch right now.
I think that Terry might start out as a beginning phase thing. By the time a KOF cools down, he isn't used as often. Anyhow, I haven't seen that many good Terrys on youtube. I'm gonna hit up the whole Fatal Fury team and show these posers how it's done.
Closed Thread