Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,129, Level: 100 Points: 38,129, Level: 100 Points: 38,129, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Wario Ware: Snapped. Fail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoWorldReport
WarioWare: Snapped!, one of the DSiWare launch titles, doesn't feel like a game. It feels a lot more like a tech demo that shows off how to use the DSi Camera in a game…assuming perfect playing conditions. That's not to say the game isn't fun; it just means that the biggest challenge of the game is configuring the camera properly.

Snapped!, like other WarioWare games before it, uses its system's new technology—in this case the DSi Camera—and crafts numerous microgames around this technology using a unique sense of humor. This iteration only has 20 microgames split into four groups. Each group of five games is played linearly, and the order of the games never changes. One of the four groups is designed for two players on one system, which is a lot of fun, but makes the single player experience even more lacking because five of the games require two.

The games are played by moving the silhouette of the player's head and/or arms on-screen. This is accomplished by going through a lengthy setup process each time before you start a mini-game set. You have to be in the correct lighting environment with the proper contrast behind you. Then, as long as the light doesn't change and you remain in the exact position you began in, the controls will work correctly. It reminds me of how I had to search for the perfect lighting conditions play my original model Game Boy Advance.

It's a shame that the setup process is so overwrought because when the game works, even partially so, it is fun and amusing. It just doesn't last that long. The best part is that while you play the games, which range from moving your hands to collect coins to playing peek-a-boo with a baby, the game takes pictures of you that are then put together at the end in an amusing manner. Sadly, you can't transfer these pictures anywhere outside of the game.

Surprisingly, the only part of the game that keeps track of a high score is the credits sequence, in which you have to move your head from side to side to collect the oncoming names and titles. You get scored for how many of the names and titles you collect. This is a nice diversion, but nothing more.

WarioWare: Snapped! is a lot of fun, but it never really goes anywhere: it is just a demo of what the DSi Camera can do. You can play through all of the game's content in about ten minutes, and the only joy in going back is if you want to show it off to a friend or see what goofy pictures the game takes of you while you play it. If any of that sounds appealing to you, then go ahead and buy it, but don't expect anything long-lasting.
Only out for a few days and already the DSI is proving it wasn't worth it.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #2
K!NGZACH
Points: 337, Level: 6 Points: 337, Level: 6 Points: 337, Level: 6
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance

K!NGZACH will become famous soon enough

PSN ID: zMd113
the DSi is worth it to me! did you happen to read the reviews of Aquia? sure it'll some take time for the better games to come out but they are coming so be pataient. if you try to judge something not even a week since it's been released you should look at both the good and the bad.

by the way: from Gamespot
Today comes word that the DSi has proved as popular in the West. Speaking at a Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan lunch in Tokyo, attended by NPR, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said that the handheld sold more than 600,000 units in 48 hours in North America and Europe. The device went on sale in the EU on April 3 and in the US on April 5 and sold 300,000 units in its first two days on the market in each territory.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:16 PM   #3
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 23,681, Level: 94 Points: 23,681, Level: 94 Points: 23,681, Level: 94
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 38

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
Well, the DSi comes with 1000 DSiPoints, so the game is pretty much free. You can't expect it to be that fab, after all, it's just a beta form of DSiWare.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:57 AM   #4
Xenon
The Space Pope
Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54 Points: 6,758, Level: 54
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Master Ball

My Mood: Spaced
Xenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the roughXenon is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 4

Exactly. Besides, one botched game doesn't make it bad. It's the only DSiWare title out so far, so it's not their fault.

By your logic, the PS3 is a waste of money because of ""Little Big Planet" and the XBOX 360 is a waste of money because of "Fable 2".

Konata, just because you don't like something, it doesn't mean you can insult the judgement of others who do.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:45 AM   #5
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,129, Level: 100 Points: 38,129, Level: 100 Points: 38,129, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
Exactly. Besides, one botched game doesn't make it bad. It's the only DSiWare title out so far, so it's not their fault.

By your logic, the PS3 is a waste of money because of ""Little Big Planet" and the XBOX 360 is a waste of money because of "Fable 2".

Konata, just because you don't like something, it doesn't mean you can insult the judgement of others who do.
My logic? I have a PS3 and LBP, why would i think its a waste of money? As for 360's they're cheap, so they wouldn't be a waste.

EDIT: I also never insulted anyone's judgement, read the post properly next time.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Last edited by Konata; 04-11-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:47 AM   #6
Ender
Don't mess wif him
Points: 3,031, Level: 33 Points: 3,031, Level: 33 Points: 3,031, Level: 33
User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Tanooki Suit

My Mood: Nerdy
Ender is a jewel in the roughEnder is a jewel in the roughEnder is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF 1st Annual Award NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 2

Xbox Live Gamertag: batmanbirdboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata View Post
My logic? I have a PS3 and LBP, why would i think its a waste of money? As for 360's they're cheap, so they wouldn't be a waste.

EDIT: I also never insulted anyone's judgement, read the post properly next time.
The point is that DSi has been out for less than a week, and already you're saying that it's completely worthless because of a crappy launch title.
PS3 has been out for much longer, and they haven't exactly shown anything amazingly worth while.
A lot of people didn't like LBP.
And 360's cost more than the DSi, especially if you want one with a decent hard drive.

Otherwise, though, the game does sound like fail.

But not the system...
Closed Thread