Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Wii > Wii Hacks

Notices

Wii Hacks Anything Wii Hacks, Wii mod chips and Homebrew.

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 03:01 AM   #1
Dr. Jekyll
A STRANGE CASE OF...
Points: 4,260, Level: 41 Points: 4,260, Level: 41 Points: 4,260, Level: 41
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Cynical
Dr. Jekyll is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

I'm going to try coding a "Hello World" example for my Wii in C

Yes, I am planning on one day making some app for the Wii. Yes, I do realize this isn't something you learn how to do overnight, so I am going to take a shot at programming in the language 'C' (one of the languages you can use to program for Wii), which looks hella more complicated than Lua, haha.

Honestly, I don't know why I am telling you guys this, just thought I would let you know. Also, I am probably gonna post my progress and such with this little endevor, so yeah...
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2009, 04:12 AM   #2
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
LUA Scripts suck! C/C++ FTW!

C is alot more complicated, but it is worth learning.
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Old 04-12-2009, 04:50 AM   #3
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,073, Level: 69 Points: 11,073, Level: 69 Points: 11,073, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

Not if your doing computers that is. C++ takes up some much more space.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Last edited by SirManguydude; 04-12-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:45 AM   #4
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
Alot of things you C# but I think most things use C++

If you code it right it doesn't. I got a program that in the beta it was 8 MB, but in the final release after organizing the code and cleaning it up a bit, it was only 256 kb

Programs don't need to use alot of memory, usually developers just don't want to recode and organize the program.
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Closed Thread

Tags
wii developing